1. View our list of the Top 10 Characters That Need a DC Animated Film. Click here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice

Teen Titans (not "Go") back on Cartoon Network?!?

Discussion in 'The Cartoon Network/Boomerang Cartoon Forum' started by wonderfly, Aug 21, 2017.

1. wonderfly

wonderfly Shaking things up a bit
    Staff Member Administrator

I heard that Teen Titans (NOT "Teen Titans Go") is on Cartoon Network right now. Any truth to that?!?

If so, that's awesome...

2. NeoplanDan

NeoplanDan Elsewhere

It was been on the schedule for about several weeks ago, possibly around the time where OK K.O. had premiered or before.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

3. Dan's Revenge

Dan's Revenge Gooood kittyyyy

Si senior. Aired 4x yesterday and been at 6:00am a couple weeks, this being the third.

4. Toon4Thought

Toon4Thought Giving a slightly closer look.

They put it on the 6am hour two weeks ago, and I guess it must have done incredibly well on there because now it's on the 3pm hour as well. Considering how rare decade-old reruns have been for channels of this nature in general (let alone to this extent), it's quite the pleasant surprise for people who watched it back in the day (I wasn't among them, but still).

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  5. wonderfly

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Toon4Thought

From what I can tell, broadcast order has become the norm for old reruns when they are there on virtually every network that has them. Obviously catering to the binge watching crowd.

7. Fone Bone

Fone Bone Matt Zimmer

This is actually really clever of Cartoon Network. I am not a huge fan of the old show, but its sensibility has not aged terribly compared to other stuff like Megas XLR or The Batman. They basically gave kids 65 new episodes and a movie that kids have never seen, with the exact same characters and premise as the show they currently love. I'd like to think that if Justice League Action had broken out bigger, we'd be seeing a lot more JLU too.

8. jaylop97

jaylop97 Commonly found at Night

It's been on the schedule for sometime now, and got more airtimes because of how well it has done.

9. Red Arrow :D

Red Arrow :D Proud Beneluxer

Did Megas XLR and The Batman not age well? (What do you mean with 'sensibility'?)

I had the feeling The Batman fans are finally coming out of their cage to say that it was actually pretty good for what it was, just completely different from Batman TAS.

10. nomoregroundhogs

It's also the widescreen HD masters airing for the first time

11. Fone Bone

Fone Bone Matt Zimmer

Both of those shows have bad writing and dialogue and I'm betting modern kids would find them corny. As much crap as current cartoons get, the dialogue is almost always better than it was ten years ago. Teen Titans's dialogue has similar problems, but unlike Megas and The Batman, it's a fun, colorful show for other reasons. I think modern kids will like it.

12. wonderfly

The Joker in "The Batman" looks like if you took away the makeup and the wild hair, he'd fit right in with a funky fresh hip-hop video from the early 00's.

Megas XLR is dated with early 00's slang and attire (it's relevant to the plot that the two grew up on 90's video games, which kind of dates them).

13. Gatordragon

Gatordragon You can call me Tal!

Personally, I'd rather Cartoon Network show more of their less frequently aired ongoing cartoons instead of rerunning a cartoon that has been dead for years, but it's something different.

14. Toon4Thought

Which, considering I always prefer 16:9 copies when I can get them, I'm particularly glad about. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think the iTunes copies are even in widescreen HD (the On Demand ones are though).

15. Light Lucario

Light Lucario Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

I knew that the series was airing at 6AM, but I was pleasantly surprised to see it airing at 3PM this afternoon. That's pretty cool. It's rare for the channel to air anything even just a decade old, so it's a nice treat for fans of the original series and kids unfamiliar with the original Teen Titans would probably have fun with it.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. Radical

Radical The Face of Evil & Epicness!!!!!

When I saw on Cartoon Network, I was surprised, agreeing with Light Lucario that it's so rare for Cartoon Network to show it, but cool to see the original Teen Titans, so a huge fan of it:D, and good for most fans that are fans of it and kids that are unfamiliar with it.I hope it airs more older classic shows in the future.

I get a feeling the original Ben 10 is gonna show up as well.

#16 Radical, Aug 21, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 22, 2017
  17. Antonio Bravo

Antonio Bravo IDOL UP!

Yeah, when I saw the schedule and that Teen Titans is extending to Weekday Afternoons, I'm really impressed what Vishnu is doing after that Teen Titans GO Night Begins to Shine thing which had a total of 300 airings when OK KO first premiered on Cartoon Network.

18. Scrappy-Fan92

Scrappy-Fan92 Well-Known Member

This is a pleasant surprise to me. Maybe I should record some episodes.

19. nomoregroundhogs

iTunes copies are definitely the old SD versions. I believe this is the first time they've been seen in true HD anywhere.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. Toon4Thought

Yeah, I always really don't like it whenever DVDs and digital copies are 4:3 despite 16:9 copies existing. Same thing happened with a few of CN's mid-2000s shows.

I really should get around to watching either the airings themselves or the On Demand copies sometime soon. I only watched a little of this show during its heyday.