1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Just in time for Halloween, enter for a chance to win a $50 Gift Card from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

Teen Titans Fan Fiction Teen Titans: Haunted Destiny(Crossover)

Discussion in 'The Story Board' started by Funkatron, Aug 19, 2006.

?

Howwould you rate my story?

1. *****

7 vote(s)
    50.0%
  2. ****

4 vote(s)
    28.6%
  3. ***

1 vote(s)
    7.1%
  4. **

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. *

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. 0

2 vote(s)
    14.3%
  1. amelia_tomashi

amelia_tomashi This is Sparta!

I will admit I am not easy to please; but, hell, you're a great writer anyway.

2. Funkatron

Funkatron Active Member

Chapter 35: Burn, Baby, Burn

Author’s Notes: And here is the next chapter. I got my groove back in a biiig way and got this out in a hurry. Hopefully, it’s still up to snuff as my previous chapters.

Haunted Destiny Chapter 35: Burn, Baby, Burn…

“They all need to burn…” Valara stated with an icy stare, “Everyone who dares try to take you away from me. I’ll burn them all, every last man, woman and child till there is nothing but ash. I’ll reduce all of the cities of that wretched planet to ruble and scorch the ground till there is nothing but glass.” She paused for a moment, her face becoming slightly soft, almost somber, “And then, maybe then, when there is nothing left for you to care about, nothing left for you to protect; maybe then, you’ll love me…” Danny’s throat went dry a from Valara’s twisted declaration. He knew from the look in her eyes that she was entirely serious; she meant every single word. His mind couldn’t comprehend why she would go so far, just for him. He knew right then and there that there was no turning back. He willed himself out of his stupor and took an offensive stance.

“I can’t let you do that,” he declared, “We can’t let you do that.” Valara regarded him silently.

“I know,” she responded solemnly as her eyes flashed yellow. Before Danny could even move an inch, fire engulfed her hand. Four of her dragon constructs leapt from the flames, shooting straight for the young halfa. Danny tried to evade the oncoming attack, but at such a short range, the creatures were too quick for him. One of them reached him first, sinking its fangs deep into his right shoulder, piercing both spandex and flesh alike. The others soon followed, each of them fastening themselves onto a limb. Danny bit back a scream as their hot, razor sharp teeth sent searing pain throughout his body. The attack sent Danny flying back, the dragons carrying him as far away from their master as possible.

“Danny!” Raven cried as her mind caught up to what was happening. Despite her exhausted state, she lifted her hand, intent on casting a spell to retrieve him. Before she could even find the focus to do so, however, Valara was already in her way, an eerie smirk plastered on her face.

“Let’s chat,” Valara declared, before a fist slammed into Raven’s gut, knocking the wind out of her. The young sorceress fell backwards, rolling a few times before coming to a stop. Raven sucked in air painfully as she struggled to get onto her hands and knees. A sudden fit of coughing erupted from her lips as she hacked up a splatter of blood onto the ground. As the coughing began to cease, she groaned loudly from the pain. She could feel a high temperature presence looming over her.

“He’s mine,” Valara seethed, “How dare you even think you can lay a hand on him.” Raven was struggling to get back onto her feet when a boot connected with her still tender side. She hissed as stars flashed in front of her. “You’re just like everyone else. You’re trying to take something away from me, just like how Azarath took away my dignity and my father took away my life.” Valara boot was sent flying once again, launching Raven a few feet away. Somewhere in between the pulsing in her ears and the white hot pain, Raven could have almost sworn she heard something snap. The stabbing feeling confirmed that it was probably a rib, which was probably now impaling one or more of her organs. The world swam around her in a confusing mix of shadows and bright spots. It hurt to move, it hurt even more to breathe. She yearned for the relief of unconsciousness, but the pain kept her in the world of the living.

“He’s the only thing that I have left; but you and every living thing on that pitiful little realm of yours are trying to keep him away from me!” Valara was raving now, he temper getting the better of her. Her hair reacted to her anger, burning wildly. She was about to kick her adversary again when common sense (or whatever passed as common sense in her mind) overtook her. She calmed herself down, staring at the almost still form of Raven. “Did that hurt? I’m sorry; my temper does get the better of me sometimes. Must be something I inherited from Daddy. Now where was I? Oh, yes…” Bending over, she grabbed Raven by her neck and effortlessly lifted the sorceress until she was dangling. Raven gripped Valara’s arm, though the throbbing coursing through her body made her as weak as a kitten.

“There is one thing I can thank you for. Without you, I would have never met Danny. So, to thank you, I’ll give you the honor of helping me right before you die.” Valara noticed Raven’s eyes slowly closing shut. She promptly added a little heat to her grip, causing Raven to gasp, “Now, now, you can’t die yet. You still have to know your part. You see, I’m having a little dilemma. In order to get Danny to forego his foolish ideals, I’ll have to get rid of the source of his obsessive need to protect; mainly the living. Sure, I could just go down to Earth and start torching everything; it would probably be fun for a while, but that takes too much time. It’ll get tedious, boring, etcetera. So I began to think of how I could do it all in one fell swoop.” She was grinning as she monologued, a somewhat wild glint in her eye,

“Then it came to me: Daddy’s domain. Or should I say my domain. This is a part of me now. This island is sufficiently large enough to make an… impact, don’t you agree?” She chuckled at her own joke, “I do crack myself up sometimes. It’s brilliant, really. The collision would be more than enough to wipe out all life. And anyone who did survive would die from the fire that would consume the planet. It would actually make it quite a lovely place for Danny and I to settle down, just the two of us. There is a slight problem. I, unfortunately, despite all my father’s immense power, wouldn’t be able to create a portal big enough to cross over to the living world. That’s where you come in.”

“You are, after all, are the portal; the Gem of Skath. You’re the one who brought Trigon himself across dimensions. Transporting this would be child’s play with your powers.”

“If you think I’ll help you…” Raven was able to manage hoarsely. It hurt to speak but she wasn’t going to go down without a fight.

“But you will help me, whether you want to or not,” Valara declared gleefully, “You see, just because my father’s jewel is in me, doesn’t mean it doesn’t still work.” She watched as understanding washed over Raven’s face, “I’m going to suck you dry, though not too much. I’ll leave just enough so that you can watch me destroy the world you and Danny were so eager to protect, with your own powers. After that, then you will die, in the most vulgar, excruciating way I can imagine. And I have a rather active imagination.”

“So, you’re going to do to Danny what you claim everyone did to you?” Raven queried, “You going to steal everything he loves, everyone he cares about? Just so he’ll notice you? Do you think he’ll forgive you for that?”

“He’ll get over it,” Valara answered, “Just like I got over it. I would be doing him a favor. They would never have accepted him, just like no one ever accepted me. When everything is all said and done, I’ll be there to comfort him, to hold him, to caress him. He’ll forget all about it after our first night of bliss… and all the ones afterword.” She smirked as obviously lewd thoughts played out in her mind, “But I’m getting ahead of myself. First things first. I could say that this won’t hurt, but I would just be lying.” Valara’s smirk grew wider as her eyes changed color from yellow to black. Raven could feel the effects of the spell immediately; her power was being ripped from her, first in a trickle that soon grew. Raven gritted her teeth from the pain as more and more of her essence was sucked away from her. Soon the pain was too great and for the first time since the fight began, Raven began to scream…

TTDPTTDPTTDPTTDPTTDPTT

“This is taking too long,” Robin stated as he fended off another attack from one of the firebeasts. He kicked up into a back flip, throwing a barrage of exploding disks while doing so. The flying incendiaries did their job, as they stopped the creature in its tracks and provided Robin with some precious time needed to devise a strategy. The other Titans were locked in similar combat: Beast Boy, as a cheetah, was currently out running two of the fiery creations, while Cyborg was fending off a few with his brute strength alone. The mechanized Titan was being careful not to run down his batteries too quickly, with hopes of helping Raven and Danny later on.

“Excuse me!” Robin heard coming from above, “I am in need of doing the ‘coming in’.” Robin knew immediately that it was Starfire, who was still trying to shake two more of the beasts that were on her tail. She leveled off until she was parallel to the ground and then faced upwards, releasing a barrage of her starbolts, finishing off with a blast from her eyes. The attacks all hit their targets, but they did little to slow them down, as their wounds healed in an instant. Robin then noticed something that had been nagging him for a while; one of Starfire’s starbolts had hit one of the creatures in the head. The healing in that spot wasn’t as fast as the rest, so that meant… He put his theory to the test as he took one of his cryo-discs and aimed straight for his adversary’s maw. The beast caught it as if a dog catching a Frisbee. The weapon detonated, encasing the head in ice. Before it could break free from the temporary permafrost, Robin swiftly went into action, swinging his sword and severing the head. Stabbing it for good measure, he watched as the head, as well as the body lost their luminosity and crumbled into volcanic dust.

“Aim for the head!” Robin called out to his team, giving them some ray of hope. They heeded their leader’s advice, changing their attacks to aim for the enemy’s weak point. Robin went off to help his second in command, his sword slashing away.

“I wish I knew what was going on over there,” Cyborg wondered as he stood back to back with the boy wonder, “That ghost looked pretty tough. And Raven didn’t look like she was in the best shape.”

“That’s why we need to fish with this, so we can help them,” Robin said, agreeing with the larger Titan. Their conversation, as well as their fight was interrupted as what seemed to be a large fireball headed straight for them. What was weird about it was that it seemed like it was screaming. Cyborg and Robin tumbled out of the way as the object made landfall, creating a crater. They eyed it suspiciously, suspecting it was another hoard of creatures to slow them down. What they didn’t expect was the sudden blast of cold air that expanded from the crash site, freezing most of the immediate area. All of the creatures on the battlefield were effected; those closest were frozen solid, while the rest put as much distance from the crater as they could. The Titans watched as Danny crawled out of the hole in the ground, blood trickling down his face and body. He held onto his shoulder, which was obviously wounded, his other hand hanging limp on his side.

“Dude, you look like crap,” Beast Boy commented. Danny gave him an annoyed look, shutting up the changeling.

“What happened to you?” Cyborg asked, curious about the current situation.

“Doesn’t matter,” Danny replied, “We have to get back. Raven…” He couldn’t continue, as he was interrupted by a blood curdling scream. All of the Titans, as well as Phantom, froze; the owner of the shriek was unmistakable. All of their faces seemed to be drained of all color, “RAVEN!” Danny cried, as he kicked off in the direction he had been thrown from. He ignored all the pain, all of the damage he had sustained, as if they never had happened. All that mattered was Raven and her safety. Was he too late? Behind him, he could hear the other Titans following; Starfire was keeping pace with Robin in tow, while Beast Boy galloped along as a horse, with Cyborg riding bareback. They all feared the worse.

They all gasped as they neared the scene: Valara held onto Raven by the neck, cackling wildly as their comrade continued to scream. They watched as black bolts of energy snaked their way from Raven into Valara’s arm. Seeing her in danger, Danny picked up speed, his fist glowing white. The halfa slammed into the fire ghost, causing her to lose her grip and sent the ghost soaring. Starfire, who had dropped Robin off before hand, swooped in, grabbing Raven’s limp form before it fell onto the ground. The others surrounded their fallen friend solemnly.

“Raven?” Starfire pleaded, “Friend Raven, please, are you alright?” The Titans all held their breath as Raven just lay there almost peacefully. All of them were terrified that they had been too late in reaching their friend. Suddenly, Raven’s frail body shuddered as a fit of coughing overtook her. Though they all noted that she sounded bad, they were relieved to see some sign of life. Her eyes fluttered open as the coughing passed, a moan emitting from her lips. As the conscious world came back to her, Raven was greeted by the sight of her friends, their faces full of concern. She couldn’t help but smile. Her face grew a bit sterner as she furrowed her brow.

“We don’t have much time,” she said hoarsely, “Where is Danny?” The others had quizzical looks, but they complied as they made space for the halfa to enter the circle.

“I’m here,” Danny replied. Raven could see the guilt plastered all over the halfa’s face.

“It’s not your fault,” Raven stated, addressing his unspoken remorse. Danny was about to retort, but Raven’s hand stopped him from doing so, “It isn’t the time. We have to stop Valara before it’s too late…” she was interrupted by more coughing. Starfire stroked her back comfortingly until it subsided, “She’s going to smash the island into Earth. That’s why she stole my powers. If you hadn’t stopped her, I don’t think I would have made it.”

“She has those crazy fire powers and yours? How the heck are we going to beat her now?” Cyborg’s question was one they all had on their minds. The situation seemed to go from bad to worse. They wondered how they were going to do to end this.

“She didn’t take all of my powers,” Raven assured, “though it’s not going to do me much good in my condition. I only have enough to do one last thing.” She motioned for Danny to come closer, which he obeyed. Raven laid a hand on his chest and closed her eyes, her signature chant playing across her lips silently. Danny suddenly felt a surge of … something coursing through him like a jolt. It felt as if he was lighter and that his wounds had all but disappeared. He looked questioningly at the sorceress, who looked even more tired now than before. “I gave you almost all that I had left,” she said, eliciting a protest from Danny. She silenced him again, “You need it more than I do right know. It should give you enough energy to stop her. I also gave you a retrieval spell of sorts.” She closed her eyes, unable to keep them open any longer, “If she tries to use my magic on you, the spell should kick in and absorb it into you. It won’t be enough to defeat her, but it’ll help. The only way to return my powers is the jewel…it’s embedded in her chest. If your able to destroy it…” she coughed violently again.

“I understand,” Danny replied. It was up to him now. Everything now was riding on him. He couldn’t afford to feel guilty. He began to stand up, but Raven’s hand grabbed hold of his tightly, despite her weakened state. She managed to find the strength to open her eyes.

“I know you can do it,” she said with a smile that defied the situation. With that said, her hand lost its grip and she once again fell into unconsciousness. Danny’s mind was finally clear of all doubt. He had to do this. She trusted him enough to lend him all that she had left. He couldn’t fail.

“Someone needs to get her to safety,” he said as he finally stood upright.

“I’ll do it,” Beast Boy volunteered, transforming into an emerald gorilla. Starfire gingerly transferred her best friend into the primate’s arms. Beast Boy, despite the large, primal form he was now taking, cradled Raven’s form gently, as if she were a baby. Nodding and giving a grunt, the green beast used his remaining three limbs to hightail it out of there.

The remaining Titans were all interrupted by a wild cackle, which coincided with the ground trembling underneath them. Valara, who had been silent and unmoving before, rose up into the air. He head was tilted back as she continued to laugh, whatever form of sanity she had left seemingly gone. Her hair, which was now shooting high into the air, suddenly changed color from its usual bright red flames to something darker, till it was almost black. The tattoos on the exposed parts of her body did the same, as well as the designs on her red dress. Dark flames danced across her fingers as she relished in this new power.

“Incredible!” she screamed with twisted delight, “And this wasn’t even all of it. It should be more than enough, though, wouldn’t you agree?” She held up a hand just as the Titans were about to strike. They found that their bodies suddenly froze in place, no longer to take orders from their minds. Each one of them was then encased in Valara’s newly acquired dark flames, causing them to cry out in pain. The mystical fire seemed to burn down to their very cores, causing every pain receptor in their bodies into to fire all at once. “Can’t have you interrupting, now can I?” Valara stated with a grin, “Now, as they say, on with the show.” The ghost raised her hand, sending a bolt of energy into the sky above. The bolt stopped as if it had hit something, which resulted into a swirling black vortex that seemed to grow with every waking moment. “They won’t know what hit them…”

JCJCJCJCJCJCJCJCJCJCJC

Detective Dick Wolf was having a long night… or rather a long morning now, as the first rays of daylight were beginning to shine through the city. He sipped his cup of coffee in a desperate attempt at a few more hours of consciousness. The officer’s night had started out quiet enough; there had been no activity from the ghosts that had attacked downtown days before. The Titans were quiet as well, which was normally a good thing. His silent night was interrupted, however, by the reports that the Titans were locked in battle once again with some spectral assailants. By the time his men had arrived, however, there were no signs of the teen heroes whatsoever. There were signs of combat, as well as … Wolf didn’t know what it was. Some sort of swirling vortex in the middle of the street. Officers currently had the area corded off, preventing any civilians from getting to close.

He sighed again as he finished another cup of Joe. The Titans were nowhere to be found. All attempts of contacting the Tower had failed, which only meant that they were probably at the other end of the weird swirling thing that his men were currently guarding. He sure hoped that they would be the ones who would be coming out of the vortex, because he didn’t think his men where equipped enough to handle otherworldly creatures. That type of job he normally left for the Titans to deal with.

“Uhh, sir?” an officer asked, interrupting Wolf’s train of thought.

“What is it, Jenkins?” he replied as he focused his attention to his subordinate. He noticed that the young officer was slightly perturbed about something and had his gaze currently pointing upwards, “Well, spit it out already.” Jenkins complied by simply pointing up. Wolf followed in the direction the finger was pointed and then froze, as his jaw hung slack. His favorite mug slipped from his fingers and shattered into a million pieces upon the sidewalk, though he didn’t notice.

In the sky above then was a noticeably black swirling cloud. Onyx lightning cackled around the unusual metrological anomaly as it began to grow larger and larger. Soon the rest of the squad took notice and became noticeably agitated. “What the f--- is that?!” one of the junior policemen asked, unsure of what he was seeing. They got their answer as the center of the swirling mass contorted and then cleared. What they got was a view of a very large rock (or at least a section of rock), covered in tracks of lava. The portal grew with each passing minute, until it seemed to be as wide as the city, the landscape of that other world becoming the sky of theirs.

Where the hell are those kids?” Wolf cursed under his breath as he wondered what he was going to do.

DPTTDPTTDPTTDPTTDPTTDP

Valara snicker again as her newly formed portal grew in size, accommodating itself to her domain’s size. Her plan was working flawlessly. It would only be a matter of time until it was big enough to fit it through. She watched the city above her and pondered how the people were reacting. They were probably running and screaming, begging to whatever deities they believed in (or not) for salvation. She went over what would probably happen in her mind: the impact from the island was only part of the equation, though that would cause a lot of damage in and of itself. She would set the island’s core to detonate, causing a massive explosion upon impact, spreading carnage even further. Her fire would spread and grow, killing off all life on the planet until there was nothing but death, fire and brimstone; in other words, a paradise. Once it all settled down, she and Danny could exist happily ever after. Free of the annoying distractions like duty and friends and family. She would finally have someone who understood how she felt, someone to love her.

“Stop it,” a voice called, distracting her from her planning. The ghost girl found that it came from none other than Danny himself. Unlike the others, he had stopped screaming and seemed to be actually resisting. To her utter dismay, the flames around him and the Titans began to diminish, loosing their darkness as they did so. “Stop it now!” he screamed loudly as a gust of cold air flew out in all directions, finally extinguishing the flames. Robin, Starfire and Cyborg, no longer held up by Valara’s magic, all fell to the ground, gasping for air and thankful for the relief.

“How did you…” Valara wondered in disbelief, “You shouldn’t be able to, even with your powers. How could you… It was her wasn’t it?” She growled in annoyance, “Once again, I make the mistake of not killing her when I had the chance. No matter.”

“I’m not going to let you win,” Danny stated, his face full of determination, “I’m not going to let you kill all those innocent people on Earth.”

“And that is the reason why I’m doing this!” Valara cried, clearly frustrated, “You are so obsessed with…them that you can’t even see US. When this is over you’ll thank me.”

“I doubt that,” Danny retorted, “I’m not going to ask again.”

“Neither am I,” Valara returned, her body crackling with energy.

AN: I hope you enjoy reading this, because I sure enjoyed writing it, especially the look into Valara’s twisted head. Next chapter is the last of the fight (hopefully) and followed by the epilogue, so two more to go. Stay tuned!

3. KPTitan

KPTitan The Doc is in...

2 more? *sniffles* We hardly knew ye! This ting shall go down in fanfiction history!:anime:

4. Charles Chimag

Charles Chimag I also find this amusing!

*sniff* and I knew you even less... Ah, well. Great job! For a moment there, I thought you would actually let Raven die. You must have a lot of nerve to make the Empress think the same thing.

5. KPTitan

KPTitan The Doc is in...

I thought Raven was gonna die too, and then Clockwork might've stepped in to fix that. With coughing up blood, broken ribs, and depleted power, I honest-to-god thought that she was gonna die.:eek:

I hereby bequeth that Valera is very, VERY CRAZY!!!! And I quote, wanting to "kill every man, woman, and child" just to get her way with Danny! Crazy woman-ghost alert goin' to overdrive over here! I was wondering if that Wolf detective dude was gonna show up again...I kinda think he's sorta funny...every time that name of his comes up in this story, I keep thinking of that one Wolf guy offa CSI Miami, 'cause of the similarity of names, lol.

Dude, I need to get a chance to read your fanfic Charles. Me thinks Chase ultra-sexy!!!:D :D :D

#385 KPTitan, Dec 10, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 10, 2007
  6. paranoidguy103

paranoidguy103 Getting more paranoid everyday

Great chapter as usual. Dick Wolf... Law and Order producer right? Thats a good show. Anyway, can't wait to see the epic battle for the life of Earth.
    Peace to all,
    Paranoidguy103

7. KPTitan

KPTitan The Doc is in...

Okay Empress, here's that turkey sandwich I made you *gives sandwich*

It still boggles my brain that there's only about 2 more chapters on this fanfic...and it's taken me from whenever it was that I joined (March or May) to read it all. I wonder how Valera's gonna go down...turned into an iceberg? Highly charged sonic cannon? nuclear blast?:D Just kidding guys...I vote for the iceberg though.

8. Matoyak

Matoyak Guest

Well then...

First things first: Great update, as per usual. You got any more fanfics I could read that are this high quality?

:ack: That's a ... terrible pairing. IMO, at least.

Could anyone give me a list of Teen Titans fanfics that are as good as this one and "Jeweled Eyes: Emerald"?

Yeah, that it is. Made it up around 8 years ago, actually. Maybe more...been using it as my online alias since like third grade or something.

9. Atoragon

Atoragon *random sound effects*

Simple. Anything by "Lord Welshi" or "Matt A".

10. paranoidguy103

Also read the Covenant Wars written by none other than... Cipher!!!!!!!!:D Good Storys.

11. Atoragon

Atoragon *random sound effects*

I don't know if TCW is that good, but its nice to hear positive reflections about it.

So, where was I, ahh, yes... Funkatron, this story shall be missed, with it being almost over, and yes, Valara is a crazy *****... almost too crazy... and if there is supposed to be a sequel to this... I can't even imagine how screwed up that'll be...

12. KPTitan

KPTitan The Doc is in...

I wonder if Xanthus found Jules some time down the flashback road of this story and sliced him to pieces...or burned him to a crisp.

13. Funkatron

Funkatron Active Member

Chapter 36: Love Me, Kiss Me, Kill Me

[FONT=&quot]Haunted Destiny Chapter 36: Love Me, Kiss Me, Kill Me[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]“It’s just the two of us now,” Valara commented longingly, “Just as it was meant to be; just you and me. We don’t need anyone else, Danny.” She said this as she pointed at the swirling black portal that grew above. Jump City could be seen from the vortex that was slowly becoming the skyline for the island, “We don’t need them. Why can’t you see that? Why can’t you understand that this is the way it has to be?”[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Danny didn’t answer her; he didn’t know how to respond. All he could do was stare back at the source of his current troubles. His body was as taut as a pulled bowstring, his muscles tense and his senses unusually sharp. All he could think about now was the fact that he was it; the last thing that stood in her way. If it wasn’t for the fact that a lot of lives were hanging in the balance, he would have laughed at his ironic position. He had spent the better part of last year fighting alone; deluding himself into thinking he could handle things on his own. Danny had only recently realized how wrong he was and had even gained some new allies in the Titans. And yet now here was, alone on the battlefield. The halfa let his gaze wander towards the fallen Titans, still recovering from Valara’s last attack. Danny was relieved that he could still see signs of life, noticing the rhythmic, yet ragged movement of their chests. He, too, had felt the brunt of the attack and knew that if it had lasted a moment longer, they probably would not have survived. If it wasn’t for Raven’s spell…[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Raven; just thinking the name seemed to ease his mind, silencing all of his conflicting thoughts and emotions. She did so much for him in this past week. She saved his life, both physically and mentally. She was the one who was able to break through the thick wall he trapped himself in. After everything he had put her through, she trusted in him; believed in him so much that she lent him the last bit of power she had left. Even if it was only him standing in Valara’s way, he wasn’t fighting alone. Her strength, her essence was right behind him, filling in the gaps of strength where he lacked. Not only her, but his family, his friends; they all were counting on him. He couldn’t just back down; not that he had any thoughts of doing so. With resolve now in place, Danny once again glared at his adversary, his eyes furrowed with determination.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]He decided to give an answer to Valara’s queries, though it wasn’t a verbal one. Like a bolt of lightning, he shot towards the fiery girl, with speed that took both him and Valara by surprise. The ghost girl’s face flashed a look of shock, though it only lasted for a moment. His fist, glowing with his icy resolve, flew at her at full velocity. She barely had time to dodge as the punch sailed past her face, sending chills down her spine as it grazed her. Valara, despite her previous wishes, concluded that she was too close for comfort, opting to make some space to breathe as she jumped back. Unfortunately for her, Danny had other plans, as he was hot on her heels. The halfa continued his assault with a left hook, which Valara also dodged by spinning to the side, causing Danny to overshoot. She smiled mischievously as he rushed past her. Making an abrupt stop, Danny turned and gave chase.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Danny never relented, never backed down as he sent a flurry of punches and kicks towards the temptress. He succeeded in driving her back and his constant barrage kept her on the defense, preventing her from retaliating. Unfortunately, though he was fast, she was equally as quick. He was unable to land even one hit on the girl, who evaded each and every one of his blows and doing so in an almost graceful fashion. She sidestepped, spun and parried in what could almost be described as ballet of sorts. She showed no signs of tiring or fear; in fact, she seemed to be almost enjoying the dance she shared with Phantom, if the smile that never left her face was any indication. [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]What was going inside her mind was a different story, however. Though she took pleasure in playing with her Phantom, she knew she was in trouble. Every time he got near her, she could feel the tug; something was causing her newly acquired powers to slowly trickle out. If what happened when she attacked the Titans was any indication, that ***** Raven was being a thorn in her side again, even after having her powers drained. She surmised that her meddling was also the reason for Danny’s inexplicable burst in speed. Not that she was necessarily complaining; fighting him like this was exhilarating and it aroused her more than anything else. Ultimately, however, it merely served to distract her from her final goal: to make him wholly and utterly hers. And she couldn’t do that without getting rid of his distractions.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Danny lunged again, slamming his fist into the ground where Valara had stood just moments before. Permafrost spread from the impact, forming stalagmites of ice to form. Danny stopped his assault to finally catch his breath, his eyes never leaving Valara. Her smile grew even wider, “Is that all you have, Danny?” she toyed, “I know you can do better than that. Show me that fire, that spirit that made me fall for you.” Flames sprung out from her outstretched hands, solidifying to form two swords, one in each hand. Her grin was malicious and seductive all at the same time.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Danny answered her call, renewing his attack with everything he had. This time, however, she was ready for him and responded with blows of her own. Not only did she dodge and parry his moves, Valara countered, swinging her blades in an elegant dance of fire and danger. Danny, to his credit, managed to elude her swings, though they caused him to keep his distance. Jumping back, he held out his hand and fired a set of icicles as long as his arm. The fire ghost simply smiled, shattering the projectiles with a sword in one swing. She continued to spin, causing her other sword to create numerous arcs of fire in its wake. Danny’s agility was put to the test as he dodged as many as he could, many of which detonated on the ground, obscuring him in a cloud of ash. Valara floated there, waiting patiently for him to come to her.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]A shot of blue ectoplasm shot out of the cloud a moment later, slamming into the swords Valara had managed to cross in front of her in time. The attack froze the swords instantly, as well as both Valara’s hands. Valara hissed painfully as the cold burned into her flesh. She forced her flames through her arms, melting the ice till she could wiggle her fingers again. She looked up to find Danny rocketing towards her, two fists outstretched and glowing. Reacting on pure instinct, the ghost shot straight into the air to avoid him. Like a guided missile locked on target, Danny veered to pursue. She hastily fired a few balls of flame, but Danny merely dodged them, quickly gaining air. They soon collided, sending the two spinning even higher.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]There was a jumble of movement as the two scuffled. Danny’s left hand found purchase onto Valara’s right, as he had a solid, icy grip. Realizing how close he actually was and knowing he probably wouldn’t have another chance, Danny reached forward with his free hand, turning it intangible as he tried to dive it into Valara’s chest. Unfortunately, Valara instinctively grabbed his arm by the wrist, stopping his fingers only a few inches away from her chest.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]“Aren’t you feisty,” she quipped playfully, masking her slight distress. As Danny’s grip tightened around her right arm, she could feel more of Raven’s stolen powers being leeched away from her. Not only that, but Danny’s grip was like a cold vice. She increased her body temperature in response, hoping to shake him off. Her left hand struggled to keep his right in check as he slowly inched it closer. [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Danny gritted his teeth, pushing forward, even while Valara’s flaming grip dug into his arm. Even with his ice powers, he could feel the searing pain shoot up his limb and could detect the burning scent of spandex. He tried to ignore the pain, focus solely on his task. He was so close; the jewel was only centimeters away. He was so concentrated on fulfilling his promise to Raven he didn’t notice the sudden shift in gravity, or the fact that their ascent suddenly turned into a freefall, as they crossed the event horizon of the portal separating Earth and the Ghost Zone. [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Danny’s body suddenly went limp, though he never lost his grip of Valara’s arm. His eyes shut, as if he was contemplating something. His sudden impassiveness confused Valara; was he just giving up?. Moments later, his eyes snapped open, though instead it’s normal green hue, she was staring back at two glowing blue orbs of power. She screamed as a blue flash engulfed her face, ambushing her. Feeling her grip loosen, Danny took his chance and dove his intangible fist into her torso, which elicited a gasp from her. [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]He quickly regretted doing so; every painful experience he had experienced the past week, even his impaling at the hands of Xanthus Pyre, was nothing compared to what he was experiencing right then. It felt as if he had dipped his hand into the molten lava of an active volcano; if his brain wasn’t being flooded with such agonizing throbbing, he would have quipped that he probably wasn’t that far off from the truth. He shrieked as almost all sense of sanity leaving him; the only thing that managed to break through the searing was....[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]As the populous of Jump City stared wide eyed at the bizarre sight of another world above them, many noticed a comet-like object streaking towards the ground, but not before it seemed to split in two. A pair of impacts could be heard as both slammed into the streets below.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]TTDPTTDPTTDPTTDPTTDPTT[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]“Ugh…” was all the boy wonder could muster as consciousness returned to him. His body ached all over, though it was nothing compared to the fire that still seemed to burn inside his head, giving him a massive, skull shattering headache. He moaned again, being no more coherent than the last time. His senses slowly became active again, beginning with his hearing, which was slowly being filled by a very familiar sound.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]“Robin?” he recognized, though it was muffled at first, “Robin? Oh, by X’Hal, please be alright!” he painfully opened his eyes and his vision cleared, to the sight of Starfire, her eyes wide and filled with tears, “Robin!” she cried as she gave him a hug, which was surprisingly tender.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]“Star,” he slurred, his faculties returning at a faster rate. He somehow managed to snake his arms up and around her back. Their lips soon found each other, pressing together madly, despite their bodies being sore to the touch. It hurt, but it sure felt good. The embrace did its job, making Robin fully awake. The moment they disentangled themselves from each other, Robin began to sit upright, “What happened?” he asked as he turned to survey the area.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]“I am… uncertain,” she replied hesitantly, “Friend Phantom and the evil ghost female are nowhere to be found, though there are signs of a fierce battle.”[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]“What about Cyborg?”Robin inquired as he assessed the situation. Starfire warily pointed at her teammate’s still form. The parts of his armor that were normally blue were now and eerie grey.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]“I fear friend Cyborg may be…”[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]“…Not down yet,” Cyborg completed. A hum and various whirs could be heard as his metallic body came back to life, “Just give a moment for my systems to reset. Man, what the heck hit us?”[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]“It is not something I wish to experience again,” Starfire answered, “That was most… unpleasant.”[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]“That’s putting it mildly,” Cyborg replied as he sat up on his own with a squeak, “Well, good news is, I’ll live. Bad news is that I’ll need a complete overhaul. Half my systems are running on minimum and the other half is shot.”[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]“At least we’re alive,” Robin stated, looking at the upside-down Jump City hanging from above “Though that might not do us any good in the long run.” He was frustrated at not knowing what the full situation was. They had no clue where Phantom was or even if he was winning. His contemplation was cut short as a familiar whining sound slowly made itself known. The Titans turned to find the Fenton’s Specter Speeder closing in on their position. The vehicle slowed to a stop and then landed next to them. The side hatch opened and a very worried Jazz popped out, heading straight for a particular metallic Titan.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]“Cyborg!” she cried as she inspected him, “Are you alright? Where is my brother? What’s going on?”[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]“In order: I’m ok, not sure where Danny is, and your guess is as good as mine,” he replied, “We sort of just woke up now; that ghost knocked the crud out of us.” Before should say anything more, a familiar face popped his head out of the Speeder.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]“You guys so totally missed me, didn’t you,” Beast Boy said with one of his winning smiles, “Man, you guys look like…”[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]“Complete that sentence and I’ll kick your little green behind, Grass stain!” Cyborg threatened, “And if you’re here, where is Raven?”[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]“Don’t worry; she’s here,” Beast Boy reassured, all jesting leaving his face, “The Fentons spotted us and picked us up.” He pointed towards the vehicle’s entrance. The other Titans made it on their feet and peered inside, spotting Raven, who rested peacefully on one of the chairs.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]“After we dropped off Sam, Valerie, and Tucker, we decided to come back and see what we could do,” Jazz explained. “Mom thinks she has the ice gun fixed up again.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]“I’ve got a lock, Mads!” a boisterous Jack Fenton called out from the front of the Speeder, “I’ve got a fix on both Danny and that other ghost!” He pointed a finger upwards, “It’s coming from up there, in the Real World!”[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]“We better get moving then, dear,” Maddie declared, pumping the recently fixed ice bazooka with emphasis, “We have to go help our Danny!”[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]“Man, that’s hot!” Jack responded at his wife’s determination, “Hop on, kids!” The Titans heeded their warning, jumping in before the Speeder made a sharp turn in the direction of the swirling vortex in the sky leading back to the real world.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]DPTTDPTTDPTTDPTTDPTTDP[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]“Ow,” muttered a discombobulated Danny Phantom as he came to. The halfa shook his head of imaginary cobwebs, his eyes fluttering open… only to be greeted by darkness. He blinked rapidly, confused to what he was seeing. Where was he? Was he dead? Was this where failures went after they died? It took him a few hysteric moments to realize that beyond the darkness were outlines of white, of a scene that was somewhat familiar. It reminded him of something he’d seen recently, “Wait a sec, isn’t this…”[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]As if on cue, the black shield that obscured his view disappeared revealing his surroundings. He found himself in a perfectly concave crater, the shape matching perfectly with something spherical smashing into the ground. He looked up to see the portal, except he was viewing it from the other side; instead of ghostly green peaking from beyond the clouds that surrounded the vortex, a more earthly blue greeted him. His head and eyes traced the path he must have taken to fall; he calculated it was a very steep drop. Raven’s powers seemed to react and protect him at the last moment; he didn’t want to think about what would have happened if it had not.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]The teen slowly got up, ignoring the various cries of pain his body gave while doing so. He looked around, inspecting his destination and his jaw dropped at what he found: a recognizable ocean view as well as the city harbor. He turned around to confirm his suspicions, “Of all the places to crash land,” he muttered as his eyes viewed the base of Titan’s tower. He didn’t know if this was also a result of Raven’s magic or just his dumb luck but he was thankful all the same. [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]He looked down at his hands and cringed; it was not a pretty sight, to say the least. His left palm was burnt black from where he had held on to Valara. The spandex of the fingers had fused together, forming a sort of bizarrely burnt mitten. It was nothing, however, compared to his right hand. The area, from his fingers to half up his forearm was charred. The material of his gloves was completely burned off, showing his badly scorched skin underneath. He tried to move his finger and was met with a sharp stinging sensation. Using his better hand, he painfully managed to pry the other, revealing the gem. [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Danny let the jewel drop to the ground with a clatter, a smile dancing upon his lips. Amongst all the failure that seemed to fall his way, he finally got something right. He only wished he wasn’t too late. He weighed in his options; another look at his hands told him that he wasn’t going to create an ecto-blast from them anytime soon. His guess was that he needed something powerful to destroy the jewel. Only one of his powers fit the bill. Backing up, the halfa took a deep breath. Opening his mouth, he let lose a powerful and focused ghostly wail. The jewel seemed to almost resist as it rattled amongst the rocks of the shore. It finally gave way, however, shattering into a million pieces…[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]…And creating a large explosion, sending Danny tumbling back. Danny shielded his eyes from the blinding light, which quickly dissipated. His vision cleared, just in time to see a whirlwind of energy, swirling around the point of detonation. He could make out two distinct colors: one was as black as night, the other an orange and crimson flame. As the halfa watched the light show, he immediately noticed that he was getting perceptibly weaker by the minute. Black energy leaked out of his body, only to join the blackness within the storm of magic. [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]The two then separated and headed off in different directions: Raven’s magic heading straight up into the portal above, while the fire seemed to arc back into the city to parts unknown. Danny was about to wonder where exactly it was going when every injury he had received in the past day hit him with full force. His body became as heavy as a sack of potatoes, dragging him to the ground with a thud. He groaned as the sudden impact caused pain to shoot up and down his back. Old wounds began to bleed again and he lost the ability to even lift his hand. All he could do was stare into the sky and hope that he wasn’t too late.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]JCJCJCJCJCJCJCJCJCJCJC[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]“What do you got, boys?” Detective Wolf asked after his car came to a stop a few feet from the crash site. After the initial shock of the situation in the sky wore off, he rallied his men to handle crowd control and called for backup: lots of backup. He knew there was going to be a lot of scared people in the city. Something like the sky disappearing tended to get a lot of attention, especially in a crazy city like Jump. As he instructed his policemen, one of them noticed something falling from the hole in the sky. The meteor halved and the two pieces fell into separate parts of the city. One of them headed in the direction of Titan’s Tower while the other landed downtown, which led the detective here.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]“I think you should see this for yourself, chief,” Jenkins responded as he pointed at the crater. Wolf took his subordinate’s suggestion peering over the edge and gasping; a girl, no older than sixteen and devoid of any clothing lay there in the center, seemingly unharmed by the landfall. Whether she was hit by the thing that fell or whether she was the thing that fell was anyone’s guess. She was in a fetal position and apparently unconscious, oblivious to the officers surrounding her.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]“Quit staring, you perverts,” Wolf barked, breaking his young officers’ reverie, “Someone, get the girl a jacket. Jenkins, barricade this area, stat!”[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]“Sir!” Jenkins interrupted, “Uh, she’s burning, sir…” His observation was correct as though her crimson hair looked normal; various parts of it were in flames.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]“Incoming!” another officer hollered, pointing in a direction towards the harbor. Everyone turned and stiffened to find a large ball of fire heading their way. [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]“Shit! People, move it or lose it!” Wolf commanded, though most of his men didn’t wait for an order. They all cleared the area, just as the fireball connected, directly into the sleeping girl lying in the crater…[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]TTDPTTDPTTDPTTDPTTDPTT[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]The ride in the speeder was solemn. Starfire took it upon herself to watch after her best friend; Raven’s head rest on her lap while she slept across a number of chairs. Starfire slowly and lovingly stroked Raven’s hair, as a mother would that of a sick child. The other Titans looked on, or at least tried to. They all felt the same feeling of helplessness as all they could do was wait. All of them wished there was something they could do to help their friend and teammate...[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]“Suffering spooks…what is that?” Jack suddenly exclaimed as flew the Specter Speeder on a descent towards Earth. His attention was fixed on a black… something that was heading straight for them.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]“Can you lose it, honey?” Maddie asked worryingly.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]“I’ve been trying, Mads!” he answered as he steered, “It just keeps following us. What is that thing?” Robin entered the cockpit area studied the unknown threat. His shoulder’s relaxed and a smile beamed from his face.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]“Stop,” he stated, drawing out confused looks from the Fentons.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]“Are you crazy?” Jack responded, “We don’t know what it is!”[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]“If it’s what I think it is, then things are going to get a lot better. Trust me.” Jack looked back and forth between Robin and the whining proximity alarms on his console. He finally complied, stopping the Specter Speeder in mid-air. And then they waited, anxiously. The black mass increased its speed, on a direct collision course with the forward section of the craft. But instead of smashing into it, it simply phased through the glass. It ignored the pilots and made its way to the aft. Not hesitating for even a moment, it jumped straight into Raven, causing her body to tense. Her eyes opened suddenly, glowing a bright white as her body began to hover. Everyone covered their eyes as a bright light engulfed them all…[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]VPVPVPVPVPVPVPVPVPVPVP[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]The thing about Xanthus Pyre was, despite the fact he was foolish enough to get caught for his troubles, he was no idiot. His design for his power-leeching gem was quite ingenious and his attention to detail was flawless. For example, after the gem robbed the powers of a victim, it didn’t just give said powers to the user, at least not all at once. Though he was power hungry, to his credit, Xanthus knew what too much power could do. Taking the life force of someone of Trigon’s stature and giving it to a mere human, no matter how skilled he was, was recipe for disaster. So much power could easily burn someone out, both figuratively and literally.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Instead, the jewel used a trickle system. It worked as a buffer, feeding a slow but steady stream of power to its user, letting them master and work into the magic. Unfortunately for Valara, Xanthus’s fire based powers was quite potent in any amount. Born both of the mystical fires of Acheron Prime, as well as her father’s own vengeful nature, the power, even in a small dose would drive anyone insane. The sorceress was quite lucky in this regard; though the ordeal she went through while using the gem was immense, it was nothing compared to what she could have felt if she absorbed all of her father’s powers all at once.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]When the young hero known as Phantom, finally destroyed the gem, the powers that previously inhabited it went free. Natural powers had a penchant for returning back to their owners; in Raven’s case, her powers reunited with the half-human sorceress. The case was different for the old powers of the now gone Xanthus Pyre. With its master destroyed, the power went to the next of kin, of sorts; the last person who wielded them. To everyone’s misfortune, that meant Xanthus’s daughter, Valara. If what fraction of power Valara received before was enough to make her as unstable as she was before, let’s just say things have gone from bad to worse, especially for the halfa who dared to scorn her…[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]DPTTDPTTDPTTDPTTDPTTDP[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Everything hurt.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]It hurt to move, it hurt to breathe. Heck, it hurt even to blink. It felt as if a twenty-ton truck had decided to have a seat on Danny’s chest, making it impossible to even draw breath. His arms lay there like dead weights, heavier than… something really heavy. Did he mention that his head hurt as well? Thoughts went through his brain like an Olympic swimmer through molasses; that is to say, not very fast. The throbbing that currently dominated him made it hard to think, but he did so anyway, in a last ditch effort to try and keep conscious, despite his body’s plea to do otherwise.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]He thought about his family and friends back in Amity Park. He was thankful that they were safe and sound back home. He promised himself that if he made it through this that he would make it up to them; every stupid thing he did to them in the past year. He knew it would be hard, but they were worth it. He also thought about his new allies and what he hoped to be new friends. He had to answer for to them as well. He wished he could be the one to rescue them, but at the moment, he couldn’t save anyone. [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]His mind wandered to a particular new friend: Raven. He didn’t know how or when but somehow she had made it at the top of his important persons list. Her fate or the lack information to the fact was what troubled him the most. Was he too late? Did his mission succeed in saving her? Was he even going to live long enough to see her face again; or touch her or kiss her…?[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]His thoughts were shattered as two things stole his attention; one of which was the intense scream that seemed to emanate from the center of the city. The second was his ghost sense acting up again, sending a steady stream of blue mist into the air. “Not now,” he muttered as he tried to will his body to move for the thousandth time. Unfortunately, it still wasn’t complying, opting to stay put.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]“You bastard,” he heard suddenly, catching him by surprise. Valara floated there in front of him; at least he thought it was her. Her flaming mane was now longer than her body, burning wildly in the wind. Her dress was now gone, her naked form completely visible, save for a few patches of fire that clung at strategic places, making her somewhat decent. The change that caught Danny’s attention the most was her eyes; before they were full of lust and yearning; now they were full of fiery vengeance. Those eyes seemed to entrance Danny like a snake enticing its prey, so much so that he never noticed the blade of fire until it had embedded itself into his shoulder and into the ground beneath him.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]He screamed as his body and mind were once again flooded with searing pain. “You...YOU! I thought you were different. I thought you’d be able to understand me. I thought you’d love me.” She twisted the blade a little, which caused Danny to yelp, “But you’re just like them, aren’t you? You try and take everything that’s mine!” Another blade appeared and she struck, this time pinning him down by his other shoulder. The halfa cried out once again, tears streaming down his face from the agony, “How dare you choose them over me!”[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]She floated down till her feet were on each side of Danny’s body. She then dropped down to her knees, straddling him, her close proximity causing Danny even more pain. She made no effort to hold back her aura as she watched him squirm. She bent down till her face was only a few inches away from his, her fiery finger tips tracing his jaw line, causing his skin to sizzle and burn, “You are going to pay for what you’ve done. I’m going to make you suffer; make you writhe in agony till you beg for your life. Then I’ll make you scream until you beg for death. I may even grant your wish, if you scream loud enough for me. Maybe then I’ll let you love me. You’ll be sorry for ever saying no to me.” A sadistic smile sprang from her lips, “No one says no to a Pyre. No one.” And with that she kissed him, burning his lips in the process. She ignored his muffles cries of torture. Danny tried desperately to retaliate, to do something but he was entirely exhausted. It took all of his current energy just to keep in ghost form; he knew that if he reverted back, he was as good as dead.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]“Azarath Metrion Zinthos!” a familiar voice shouted, catching both their attentions. Valara was suddenly thrown back a good ten feet, stopping just short of the shoreline. She watched as a large, white bird descended from the sky, landing in between her and her prey. The bird shrank until it revealed Raven, her cloak and uniform now a dazzling white. Behind Danny appeared the Specter Speeder, which was taken along for the ride. Raven’s pupil-less eyes shone brightly with energy, glaring solely on Valara, who simply smiled at the interruption. With a flick of her hand, Raven’s powers removed the blades that pinned Danny down. By this time the Speeder’s hatch was already open and Jazz was once again the first one to exit. She made a beeline straight for her brother, gasping at his state.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]“Danny!” she cried as she knelt down beside him, “Are you…” Tears began to flow from her eyes, “You’re going to be ok, little brother. We’re here now.”[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Raven turned back and gave Danny a smirk, “Thank you,” she whispered faintly, “I’m sorry it took so long.”[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]“No problem,” Danny managed to croak, despite the fact his lips were cracked and burnt, “Glad to see you’re alright.”[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]“Thanks to you,” she replied, “And no thanks to her.” She turned her attention back to Valara, who continued to smirk darkly. “This ends now. I’m not going to let you hurt him anymore.”[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Valara responded with a throaty chuckle, “I’d love to see you try,” she sneered. “I don’t care how you’ve changed; you still have no chance at…” her gloating was interrupted by a blast of white energy slamming into her gut. Another bolt followed, hitting her square in the face, knocking her back into the bay. The ghost skimmed across the water, causing steam to bellow up until she skidded to a stop. Enraged, she fired back with blast of her own. Raven erected a shield, protecting her and those behind her from the attack. [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]“I’m not going to let you hurt those I care about,” Raven said as she readied another attack, “Not that you would ever know what that means. With all that crying and whining over what your father did to you, you ended up being just like him.”[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]“Shut up!”Valara screamed, a vortex of fire surrounding her, protecting her from Raven’s attack, though barely, “I’m nothing like him!”[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]“You’re exactly like him,” Raven spat, “You’re just as sadistic, just as depraved. You’re doing to Danny exactly what he did to you…”[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]“He’s mine!”Valara bellowed, the fire intensifying around her, “No one is ever taking him away from me!” She raised her hands high up into the air, a ball of fire the size of a small car appearing above her. Raven threw up a shield once again as Valara threw her attack. Raven found that this time she struggled against the onslaught, her feet digging into the ground for support. The fireball suddenly detonated, throwing the sorceress back from the blast. She slowed herself to a stop, her chest heaving from the effort and signs of her old injuries returning, including the one to her ribs. Raven’s arm wrapped itself around her side, in hopes of relieving some pain.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] “You see? You can’t stand to defeat me. You’re a mere mortal; you’re limited by that physical body of yours. I, on the other hand, am beyond death. My fire is stronger than yours. I’m going to put you out of your misery, like I should have done so long ago.” A large fire once again began to swirl around Valara, this one even larger than before. It quickly took shape and soon formed a fire dragon, like the ones she had formed before, though this one was different. Its head was the size of a Mac Truck, its length several train cars long. “I’ll make you see that I’m nothing like my father. He was a fool, a failure. I’ll succeed where he failed; at killing you once and for all. I am going to enjoy this immensely.” The dragon took her cue, launching itself like a rocket, far faster than its size would suggest.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Danny didn’t know how or where he gained enough energy to stand, let alone move, but frankly he didn’t care, as he suddenly appeared in front of Raven, staring down the oncoming maw of the beast. He knew he was out of options; his hands were useless at this point. His eye blast wasn’t going to cut it. There was only one thing he could try. The halfa closed his eyes and concentrated, looking deep down for anything. He quickly found a reserve and was thankful it was the kind he was looking for. His eyes opening again, the halfa took in the deepest breath he could muster and released a ghostly wail.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]The attack was different from the one he was used to; the ecto-enhanced sonic waves were not green this time but blue, implying he was using his new cryo-kinetic powers. The wail hit the dragon head on, stopping it dead in its tracks, though not destroying it. The dragon struggled against the cold waves of sound, resisting the arctic blast. Danny too, was struggling, digging into every fiber of his being, trying to stop certain doom from coming to Raven and his new friends. Unfortunately, he could feel himself slipping more and more. He knew he had been fighting for much too long and what little he had left just wasn’t good enough this time.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Just as felt the last of his strength leaving him, he felt two small hands rest upon his shoulders. The moment they made contact with him, it felt as if he was hit with a live wire from an electrical pole. Power seemed to surge into him, similar to what Raven lent him before, but different, somehow. This energy was full of hope and compassion and felt so bright, so loving. He knew instantly that it was Raven, lending her strength to him once again. “You don’t have to do this alone,” he heard being said at the back of his mind, “I’m here. We’re all here for you.” Taking advantage, he focused on it, using it as power for his attack.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]The ice wail seemed to intensify tenfold, its power not only stopping the dragon, but pushing it back from whence it came. The waves of sound worked as an oncoming cycle: one would come and freeze, leaving a layer of ice on the fire beast, while the next would smash into ice, breaking it apart. The dragon tried to resist like a salmon fish swimming upstream a strong river, but it was no use. It shrank as layer after layer of fire was frozen and destroyed until nothing was left.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]The wail didn’t end there, however. With no dragon to impede its path, the attack headed straight for Valara, who floated there, wide-eyed and dumbfounded at the failure. Her eyes flickered at the recognition of her fate but by then it was too late; the wave hit her hard and fast, nearly extinguishing the flames that surrounded her. Like her dragon, she tried to resist, pushing forward against the stream of ectoplasm. Like her dragon, however, she failed as she quickly was frozen and then disintegrated repeatedly. With a final scream, the fiery temptress was consumed by cold and disappeared into a cold mist.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]“It’s over now,” he heard her whisper, “We won.” With that said, the attack ceased. His throat felt raw; he had never used it to that extent before. He had never fought this long and hard before. All he wanted to do now is sleep. He felt his body crumple as it finally gave in to the abuse he had received and dealt to it. He felt backwards, not caring where he landed. He never hit the ground, however. Two small arms caught him, wrapping themselves around his chest, “I’ve got you,” was the last thing he heard before slumber overtook him.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Raven smiled as Danny collapsed in a heap into her arms. They did it. She was more than relieved that the fight was finally over, they had finally won. She was so elated that she failed to notice that her own knees failed and gave way from exhaustion. Her eyelids were next, drooping and then fluttering as she tried to keep them open. Every muscle began to loosen as she, too, succumb to her own exhaustion. [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]AN: Heyo! Hope you like this one. Lots of meaty goodness. Next chapter is the epilogue i.e. the last one. Rest assured, I have at least the first part of the sequel story rolling around in my head. My new year’s resolution is actually to get the new story done by the maximum the end of the year. Will I make it? We’ll see…we’ll see.[/FONT]

14. Charles Chimag

Charles Chimag I also find this amusing!

And so, we see the end of Valara Pyre. And we have nearly seen the end of this story. Excellent work, Funkatron, as always. Except more so.

15. Matoyak

Matoyak Guest

Kick*** Chapter, Funkatron

Once again, you blow me away with your storytelling powers. I'm looking forward, and slightly dreading the epilogue. Dreading, why? Well, it's the feeling I get every time I reach the end of an amazing story. I don't want it to be gone :D

But that feeling is alleviated a bit by the fact that you've promised us a sequel, which is very welcome. *raises glass*

Peace, Light, Luck

=Matoyak=

16. Mandi-chan

Mandi-chan Active Member

Wonderful end to the battle, awesome chapter as always.

17. paranoidguy103

Good Chapter and story. Enough said. Looking forward to epilogue....
    Paranoidguy

18. KPTitan

KPTitan The Doc is in...

I think it's time for me to cry now....I wonder what's gonna happen in the epilogue. 'Tis gonna be exciting...

Valera go kaboom!:evil:

19. amelia_tomashi

amelia_tomashi This is Sparta!

Hey KPT...is your pic from the Aladdin TV show?

20. KPTitan

KPTitan The Doc is in...

Yesh it is, lol. Why?

I missed you...:anime: No need to worry anymore, Valera has blown to bits.

Did he say something about his sequel kinda being a Teen Titans/Hellboy crossover? Or am I thinking of something else...