1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Just in time for Halloween, enter for a chance to win a $50 Gift Card from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

Teen Titans Go! "Wally T" Talkback (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'The DC Comics Animation Forum' started by RoyalRubble, May 19, 2016.

?

Rate & Discuss this "Teen Titans Go!" episode!

1. *****

14.3%
  2. ****1/2

14.3%
  3. ****

14.3%
  4. ***1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. ***

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. **1/2

14.3%
  7. **

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. *1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. *

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. 1/2

42.9%
  1. RoyalRubble

RoyalRubble Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Tune in to a new Teen Titans Go! episode, tonight at 6:00PM ET on Cartoon Network!

[​IMG]
    Teen Titans Go! "Wally T"
    Episode Debut - May 19th, 2016
    Directed by: Ben Gruber
    Written by: Luke Cormican

The gang meet their biggest fan.

Comments?

Mod Note: We appreciate and encourage discussion, but please keep your posts civil, relevant and insightful. Please do not post any improper or inflammatory material, as we will issue warnings if we believe it necessary. And remember to keep the discussion ON-TOPIC!

#1 RoyalRubble, May 19, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: May 20, 2016
  2. kianworld

kianworld CN Schedule Archiver

I loved Wally T's reaction to Raven's legs.
    Also them breaking the fourth wall was the best thing this show has ever done. It has lead to really nice episodes.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

Mm, yeah. Being fourth wall has been 50:50 so far, imo. But yes, this was one of the good ones. Nice nod to the fan base and bashing dumb focus testing. Pretty neat to see the signatures of the show's crew on the card instead of the Titans.

Chucked at Robin telling Raven 'arm's length.' I wonder if that was an in-joke about Tara Strong? And agreed, Wally's reaction to "Legs" was amusing.

• Like Like x 1
  4. JThree

JThree Member

I agree this was one of the better ones. But I couldn't tell if the show was being truly grateful to Wally or just being sarcastic about him. Is Wally T the. Last Teen Titans Go episode? I'd hate for the series to close on this episode.

Jthree

• Like Like x 1
  5. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

There's still 12, I think, episodes left this season. Still waiting for CN's upfront to see if there's another season...

• Like Like x 1
  6. Dudley

Dudley Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

One show should never spend this much time to justify why it is the way it is.
    But I love it when they do! I laughed all the way through, and I think it's a fun great exploration of the importance of a show's fanbase, and a production crew's appreciation of it, no matter how small.

I think Wally T. represents the fans the show actually has, and the feelings for him (them) are genuine.

• Like Like x 1
  7. RoyalRubble

RoyalRubble Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Fun episode. I think it was a pretty original idea having a character represent the show's fan base. The interactions between the Titans and Wally were nice. There were some pretty hilarious lines this time, as well as some neat action scenes and even a ridiculous song to end the episode with. The ending card was a nice touch.

Having to say Wally's name that many times did get annoying (though I liked the Looney Tunes logo gag), but overall, I think this has been one of the best episodes in a while.

8. kianworld

kianworld CN Schedule Archiver

Wally T is actually a kid who got his Make a Wish dream fulfilled , according to an old tweet by Tara Strong (can't find it right now))

• Like Like x 2
  9. Neo Ultra Mike

Neo Ultra Mike Creeping Shadow of "15000"+ Posts

It's right here actually.

https://twitter.com/tarastrong/status/622105296802938880

You know as cynical as this show can be to certain things episodes like this at least seem geunine and happy about their success and the people who do enjoy them. Even if they know they aren't as good as the original show I like the other Titans enjoying Wally for not finding them garbage and Raven warning about how not to pander and get rid of the one fan they do have just to have others. Honestly at some point they need to do a joke about trying to "pander" to the original Teen Titans fan by actually recreating the original look and art style with new material even if for only a scene (not copying already done clips like in "Dreams") and the TTG breaking out since that's "too hard to do" or something like that. Still some amusing bits and appreciation do make this one of the better recent TTG episodes. Though was I the only one when Wally started speaking kind of hoped it was going to reveal that Wally T was actually Ben Tennyson and that leading to a joke about Ben 10 wanting to be back in the lime light? Yeah I know Wally T was done by Tara Strong using her "gruffer boy voice" but eh saying I'd find that funny. Then again maybe the staff are saving those kind of jokes for the PPG crossover episode... which yeah apparently is going to be an actual thing.

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  10. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

Thanks for posting that link, Neo. That informs the somber ending.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Radical

Radical The Face of Evil & Epicness!!!!!

Season 3 episode 33 was awesome/funny and my top favorite,

The highlights:

Wally T., best likable new character based on a real person, cool that he represents the shows' fanbase, great original idea on fanbase explorations.

The fourth wall breaking was epic/funny, on the whole Teen Titans/Teen Titans Go! part, for me, I love both series, hehehe.

Both Starfire/Raven's reactions towards Wally was so hilarious, I laughed so hard there, hahahahahahahaha:lol::p.

The Teen Titans interactions with Wally was great/funny, reminds me of Ren/Stimpy and Blossom/Bubbles/Buttercup meeting Li'l Anthony/Lenny, their biggest funny fans, hehehe, loved those episodes.

Nice seeing Gizmo.

Wally giving the Teen Titans stronger powers beating poor Gizmo was awesome.

The previous episode callbacks to Wally, so sweet.

• Like Like x 1
    #11 Radical, May 21, 2016
    Last edited: May 28, 2016
  12. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

• Like Like x 1
  13. disneyphilip

disneyphilip Member

Tara Strong did not voice Wally T. That was a mistake made in the credits.

The real-life Wally T. actually voiced the animated Wally T. himself.

Strong even confirmed that.

14. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

Got a link for that?

15. veemonjosh

veemonjosh Get back, Jojo

If that's true, he's the best Tara Strong impersonator I've ever heard. That sounded exactly like Tara Strong's Ben Tennyson voice at the end of the episode.

16. Ijustwrotewhatever

Ijustwrotewhatever New Member

The whole Wally T was annoying. I understand his a big fan and all and has a disorder, but how are you gonna pick one kid out of million other that are huge fans it's not fair for the big fans, Because if that was the case all the kids with a disease should be on the show that are huge fans don't just single out one person.

Mod Edit: Post Edited and User has been spoken to.

#16 Ijustwrotewhatever, Jun 17, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 23, 2016
  17. Toddman

Toddman Hulk not good with words.

Well aren't you just a ray of sunshine...

Toddman

• Agree Agree x 1
    #17 Toddman, Jun 17, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 17, 2016