1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Just in time for Halloween, enter for a chance to win a $50 Gift Card from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

Teen Titans Go! "The Fourth Wall" Talkback (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'The DC Comics Animation Forum' started by James Harvey, Oct 20, 2015.

?

Rate and Comment on this Episode!

1. *****

33.3%
  2. ****1/2

6.7%
  3. ****

6.7%
  4. ***1/2

20.0%
  5. ***

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. **1/2

6.7%
  7. **

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. *1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. *

6.7%
  10. 1/2

20.0%
  1. James Harvey

James Harvey The World's Finest
    Staff Member Administrator Moderator Reporter

The week of new Teen Titans Go! episodes continues tonight at 6:00pm (ET) on Cartoon Network! Your new favorite show!

[​IMG]
    Teen Titans Go!
    "The Fourth Wall" airs Monday, October 20th, 2015 on Cartoon Network
    Control Freak informs the Titans that they are on a TV show he created and demands they earn him an award.

Comments?

2. Dudley

Dudley Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Uh oh. This could be another episode where they make fun of the show and the fanbase.
    I actually love those, but then the internet explodes with angry comments by fans feeling they're been attacked, and it becomes all fusterclucked.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. HEATXZ

HEATXZ Duck Knght

The Fourth Wall episode was the best and was hilarious XD

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

This was way, way better than the Young Justice episode.

Neat they had Trevor Devall, David Kaye and Kari Wahlgren sub in as the Titans.

And I think it's safe to say Contrl Freak will go down as the most hated Titans villain by fans.

• Like Like x 1
    #4 Yojimbo, Oct 20, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 20, 2015
  5. jaylop97

jaylop97 L Twins

Who would have known how diabolical was Control Freak, otherwise what a good episode.

• Like Like x 1
  6. tuatara1

tuatara1 Member

You know, I don't think I've ever seen any other TV show as defensive about what it is and isn't. It seems to me like someone feels the need to justify their career choices... Over and over again.

7. Dudley

Dudley Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

The Titans reacting to the original series was hilarious especially when they watched the final episode.
    I also enjoyed the jabs at the animation.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. RoyalRubble

RoyalRubble Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

This was pretty hilarious. The big reveal that Control Freak was the one responsible for the older Teen Titans show not getting a 6th season was a surprise. The Titans' reactions to how they looked like in that show and how it ended were priceless. Their attempts at changing their designs, animation style and humor were pretty amusing, I especially liked their new voices. No surprise that they went back to "normal" by the end of the episode though. I was thinking this could have worked better as a season finale or something. Still, fun stuff.

Did anyone notice the "Dawn of Just Us" poster with Batman & Superman in that hallway?

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. dadadada

dadadada New Member

I really don't like Teen Titans pic style, its characters are not drawn very carefully, but I like Robin, Robin is a talented boy.

10. Neo Ultra Mike

Neo Ultra Mike Creeping Shadow of "15000"+ Posts

Okay unlike "Let's Get Serious" which had no idea to really go about the haters and ended up with confused mess of a parody, or "The Return Of Slade" which clearly thought the problem was with the audience taking the material far too seriously, I think this one actually got to the root as it were about the show and it's detractors. And this time they aren't even trying to be "subtle" or use a metaphor: Control Freak is pretty much saying "people loved the original series and hate you guys for your low brow humor, loud screeching and bad animation." Which you know, even if it wasn't actually paired with some funny jokes I have to respect. You don't often see shows actually spend a good chunk of their running time of an episode pointing out what people feel their flaws are. And granted they go about trying to correct them in pretty sarcastic ways but the line "you'll sell out if you hear people complain about you" also feels directed to the show. And I guess the point in the end is they'll remain true to what they are. Though honestly if we're totally breaking the fourth wall in this one and not bothering with the subtext, this episode really should of ended with Control Freak being told by the network how much kids love these Teen Titans and how popular they are and how they won't be rebooted and will keep playing and playing. And the episode ending with like before the Titans trying to watch TV but finding they're the only things on for hours on end to parallel CN running them into the ground. Seriously if you guys are going so all out you could of done that.

But yeah again I actually do like this one... for the most part. Honestly the stuff about toots and trying to correct how they speak were pretty meh jokes and even if that was suppose to be the point honestly the stuff surrounding it pointing out how the first show ended and how rebooting that one was a mistake even though rebooting TTG isn't and then mocking the animation (Robin pointing out "no excuse" is suppose to be mocking the people who complain about the show looking rushed when it obviously is but... again I compare TTG with other CN series which look and flow a lot better so honestly yeah that isn't an excuse if you guys are supposedly the highest rated yet everything else blows you out of the water) and the new style (part of me thinks that's a knock at Over The Garden Wall) to breaking the fourth wall at the end. So yeah solid episode for once actually getting how to properly mock themselves. Heh at this point wonder if there will be an episode going after specific haters if we're now acknowledging the show's "reboot" and the like.

• Like Like x 1
  11. validating

validating PUT SOME BUTTER ON IT

oh god just wait until internet reviewers touch this thing

12. Peter Paltridge

Peter Paltridge Knows about rock people
    Staff Member Moderator

I only caught the second half of this. They were going to rerun it today, but changed the schedule at the last minute. Is there any way to see this episode? I don't think CN runs Teen Titans Go often enough.

13. Nobodyman

Nobodyman Well-Known Member

Wow. I think you're the first person ever to say that.

Anyway, you can watch it here.

14. Peter Paltridge

Peter Paltridge Knows about rock people
    Staff Member Moderator

How could anyone take that seriously?

Thanks for the link.

15. Gold Guy

Gold Guy Ride On
    Staff Member Moderator

I liked the episode, but yeah, it is weird how the writers feel they have to keep defending themselves...

That said, I don't see why fans would be mad. The characters admitted that the original show was really good...

16. Yippee Coyote

Yippee Coyote Graphic Novelist

And people thought Gumball was CN's most self-aware show. The question is, why are the writers trying so hard to address these issues but not resolve them?

17. Wi-fi Calcium

Wi-fi Calcium Active Member

So I watched it and it's okay I guess. Better than the two other hater response episodes. Part of that was that they weren't going directly at the haters as to that being what the entire episode is about. Instead it's really quick jabs at them and the Titans themselves actually acknowledged the original being a good show, which was pretty funny. I don't really get many of the points the writer's make here, but the episode can be enjoyed for it's intriguing viewer experience. The parts of the Titans themselves being self aware of how fans perceive them, hating the fact they are on TV and then trying to improve the show in silly ways you'd expect this incarnations' Titans to do. It's just a great plot on it's own. Although, except for the self aware humor it isn't really that funny though.

18. Dudley

Dudley Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Because their actually poking fun of the complaints found online by nostalgic fans, and the show does so well ratings wise they don't need to change anything?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1