Teen Titans Go! "Terra-Ized" Talkback (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'The DC Animation Forum' started by James Harvey, Aug 20, 2013.

?

Rate and Comment on this "Teen Titans Go!" Episode

1. *****

20.0%
  2. ****1/2

10.0%
  3. ****

40.0%
  4. ***1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. ***

10.0%
  6. **1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. **

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. *1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. *

10.0%
  10. 1/2

10.0%
  1. James Harvey

James Harvey Administrator

An all-new Teen Titans Go! episode debuts tonight at 7:30pm (ET/PT) on Cartoon Network. Discuss it here!

[​IMG]
    Teen Titans Go!
    "Terra-Ized" airs Tuesday, August 20th, 2013 on Cartoon Network

Beast Boy thinks the villainess Terra is his new girlfriend, but she is just using him to gain access to all of the Titans’ secrets. Only Raven suspects Terra, but the others just think that Raven is jealous.

Comments?

Please note this 11-minute episode will be paired with a rerun of a previously-aired 11-minute episode.

2. zoombie

zoombie Active Member

Will the million dollar question, this could determain how much I love this episode, Terra being in it, I am going to like it reguardless, but who is she working from? Will even in a non speaking role, will Slade make an apperance? That is what I want to know.

3. Silverstar

Silverstar Ah, No.

IIRC, the producers stated in an interview that Slade wouldn't be appearing in any of these first season episodes.

4. RandomMe

RandomMe Stave it off

OK, so it's season 2 for him.
    So... something tells me that with Terra, this episode will be tangentially related with the original series?

5. ToonFan83

ToonFan83 I'll grow old, but never up

I seriously hope Robin isn't as dense as the others.

Edit: I retract my statement.

6. Neo Ultra Mike

Neo Ultra Mike Creeping Shadow of 7000+ Posts

My one regret with this episode: Terra said she collected all the data she did on The Titans because "the villains" would want it. Which is fine but come on guys, if you're going to go the route that Terra was a traitor the entire time and was always just using the Titans, you could of still gone with Slade. Heck you wouldn't even need to see him or anything. You could of just had like this exchange

TERRA: I was collecting all the info on you for Slade.
    ROBIN: Slade? (Eyes narrow) Slade. (Dark dramatic music plays as Robin's entire body lights up with rage and fury) SLADEEEEEEEEEEEEEE! (Suddenly things go back to normal) Who is he? He sounds nice.

You know made fun of Robin's like Slade addiction from the previous series. Come on that's begging to be joked about and this would of been a good place to do so. Still that's only a minor gripe as honestly I really did like this episode.

First off I appreciate the fact that yes Terra was using them the entire time and was obviously evil. Why? Because in comedy shows like that where you have set ups where it's so obvious someone is up to something and only one person suspects them, you usually get that "oh wait the suspcious person WAS just doing something nice after all and you were just blowing things out of proportion." Either that is the twist or there is a twist on top of that twist where they are really up to something just not the thing the person thought they were. So you know I appreciate that this just played it straight Terra acting suspcious and only Raven suspecting because Robin is just crazy about testing everyone (actually they could of made another sort of injoke to the first series as how Robin seems to let anyone become an honorary titan who helps them out), BB was smitten and Cyborg and Starfire had watched too much syndicated TV and thinks Raven is just super jealous. And actually they DID hint at it in the end with Raven smiling at the idea of being with Beast Boy so props for the shippers there. (Actually off tangent but if you think about it, Raven was the one who could of been shipped with ANYONE of the titans from the original episodes based on episodes they had with how she bonded with them even though I think people most liked the Rav/BB one but yeah the other three were prime candiates as well actually). I also like how we actually did have an ending with Raven just sending Terra away after the two of them fought (nowhere near as deep or action packed as the two's actual fight in "Aftershock" but actually you know this makes more sense since honestly I really do think Raven would of been able to take out Terra in an actual fight) and not just have it end with Terra getting away or the Titans still being trapped/taken out somehow because i like this show when it has actual endings not just "here's a random joke we decided to stop on" ending.

Also this one had a lot of good jokes: Robin overly happy singing, the lockdown of Terra, Terra saying she likes BB because he's so trusting, Robin's stupid tests and how much more insane they got from appearing in a tree to shooting himself out of a cannon, "looks like someone is in l word" "yes lobster" "I meant love" "oh that is even more glorious", the actual reveal of the secret room, Raven's "I hate you all" moment when the others were mocking her for being jealous, and them still thinking that when Terra trapped them, Terra wanting to tell BB how she felt by crashing him with a giant rock and "we should of known she couldn't of liked you" "What? Why not" "because you display no positive attributes". So yeah really good stuff and actually one of my favorites of the series so far along with "Girl's night Out" and "Dog Hand" Actually yeah that seems to really work for this show: getting a villian or anti hero from the previous series and having them co-star with the Titans. I really want to see them do an episode then with Robin stalking and being obsessed with Slade and paroyding how crazy he was as shown in the oriignal series. Come on guys you did Terra: you can do Slade.

7. zoombie

zoombie Active Member

I agree, they could have mentioned Slade as the person Terra was working for, but another route they could have done I thought of, I will get to that later.

Anyway awesome episode, it pretty much a parody of the entire Terra arc, Robin's training was like her introductory episode, the fact that Raven never really trusted her is just like on the show.

And a little to Beast Boy x Raven shipper, I guess they wanted to throw them a bone, I guess there will be no Starfire x Robin x Raven love triangle. So sorry Robin x Raven shippers.

Raven I have such sympathy for her, she is the only likable compident character on the show, if I was Raven I would teleport the rest of the Titans to that other dimention.

And if Terra wasn't working for Slade, you know who she should have worked. Do you know? I will tell, Speedy. That would have been hillarous, Speedy was the mastermind trying to get revenge on the Titans for what happened before when Robin kidnapped him.

8. Silverstar

Silverstar Ah, No.

Robin/Raven didn't actually exist in-universe; that pairing was purely the creation of fanfic shippers. Rob/Rae was never canon, and there was never a Robin/Starfire/Raven love triangle. The only canon pairings on the previous show were Robin/Starfie and Beast Boy/Terra, and the latter was never meant to last.

9. InvaderZIM

InvaderZIM Member

Ahhhh the Vault 101 door lol. Was that a reference to Fallout 3?

And I'm glad they found out Raven was right in the end. I was afraid they were gonna be all liek, "Haaaaa yu so jelly of Tarrah xP"

10. Radical

Radical The Face of Evil & Sadism!!!!!

Terra rocks!!!

Awesome/funny episode and my favorite, what an epic episode title which suits Terra's evilness, hehehe,

The highlights:
    Robin's overly happy singing, hahahahahahahahahaha.
    Cool to finally see Terra, my favorite awesome hot supervillainess, YAAAAAY!!!!!!
    Beast Boy's love for Terra, sweet.
    The funny Beast Boy/Terra pictures along with Terra decking him, hahahahaha.
    Terra crushing poor Raven, hehehe.
    Robin's stupid crazy Titan Tests on Terra, hahahahahaha.
    Raven not trusting Terra, sweet.
    Starfire/Cyborg mocking Raven on jealousy and Starfire's modern slang returns, hahahahahahaha.
    Terra using Beast Boy to access the Teen Titans' secrets, great, much like her cool evil heartless comic counterpart, Slade is not mentioned. but I'll see who she's working for pretty soon, but Slade is gonna come in season 2, sweet.
    Raven saving Beast Boy.
    Raven vs. Terra and Terra's defeat, sweet, she'll be back, but I loved their epic fight in Aftershock Part 1.
    Raven loves Beast Boy, nice, a very great love triangle of Beast Boy/Raven/Terra, hehehe.
    A sweet parody of the epic Terra arc from Teen Titans season 2.

I've enjoyed Terra's character who was a great interesting supervillainess(Slade's pawn)/anti-heroine who fought the Teen Titans/betrayed Slade and I loved her evil Slade-like look in the ending of Titan Rising when she came back to join the Teen Titans.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 28, 2014
  11. Goldstar Neo

Goldstar Neo We're not cousins!

This was a funny episode. Robin singing and his constantly "testing" Terra was hilarious. I think that the running gag of Cyborg and Starfire interpreting Raven's suspicion of Terra as her merely being jealous of Beast Boy's attraction to Terra was an obvious nod to the BB/Raven shippers from TT:TAS.

Ashley Johnson returns as the voice of Terra. It's cool how the shows' producers so far have been able to round up all of the voice actors from the previous TT series to reprise their roles.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 21, 2013
  12. darkdetective

darkdetective Active Member

Beast Boy and Raven were together for a time in the comics, I recall.

13. Silverstar

Silverstar Ah, No.

Aren't they together now? I don't regularly read comics, but I do remember the 2 of them becoming a couple in the comics sometime after the show ended. Also, IIRC, BB has a tail now; he kind of looks like Nightcrawler, only, you know, green.

Raven's little smile at the end was a nod to that ship, I believe.

14. Neo Yi

Neo Yi :D

I love this episode, but I'm biased, I like Terra and Season Two of Teen Titans is my favorite. I didn't think they'd get Terra here, but they did and I'm pleased. Funny how this Terra is closer to the comic counterpart than TT Terra (well, from what I heard about her comic book self.)

15. Nightwing26

Nightwing26 New Member

Now? Um, well no. As of the New 52 reboot, Raven was never a member of any incarnation of the Teen Titans (assuming Tim's team is not the only incarnation, and Dick really did lead a team... There hasn't really been a definitive answer to this.), and Beast Boy now has red skin (to kinda go with red being the colour of animal life as said in Animal Man), and hasn't interacted with Raven yet. Basically, none of the original Titans members were really a team with the exceptions of Dick, Kori, Roy...

So I'm still waiting to see Donna somewhere, it's been two years since the reboot, she hasn't shown up at all, was supposed to show up in Young Justice but didn't, and well that's the reason I hope she shows up on TTG. Maybe something like this episode, except with all the guys falling for her, with either Robin being the most obvious/desperate, or the most laid back or something... I don't know. She already has a TT design, so they just have to convert her to the TTG art style.

This episode was pretty great though. I could've done without the smile at the end, but I get they're just throwing a bone at the BBxRae shippers. Terra was fun, this was a great 'retelling' of the second season, and I liked that. I also noticed that, in addition to Terra, much like the original season, Beast Boy, Raven, and Robin were the ones with the most focus, while Cyborg and Starfire were more in the background.

16. zoombie

zoombie Active Member

I would love to see one episode like Tiny Teens, in which the Titans, and all other young heros like Titan East and all the honorary Titans, and even the young villains like the HIVE Five, Kitten, Blackfire, all to go to the same high school, you could have some fun with the shipping, and the clics, it would be fun. Something like Avatar: The Last Airbender School Time Shipping or Fairy Tail Fairy Academy OVA, it would be fun to see the TT universe in that kind of setting. Maybe not in this show, but in some animated form.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 22, 2013
  17. Dragnatek

Dragnatek New Member

Funny that this version of Terra is closer to her comic counterpart then the 2002 version was. While I liked that Terra, what made her interesting in the original comics was that she didn't reform, she was a cold heartless character who never developed feelings for the Titans and was using them up until the end. Sure they could not get away with that in the cartoon I felt her redemption in aftershock part two was forced to be honest.

That being said I was presently surprised with this Terra who yeah does not seem to have any redeeming qualities. She shown no remorse using Beast Boy.

I have no problem with sympathetic characters but not every character should be sympathetic.

18. zoombie

zoombie Active Member

Well that should be no surprise, except for Raven, the Titans themselves are not very sympathic on this show. They are not very likable, it is like Seinfeld.

19. Jave

Jave Beware of the SPLAT

I think this might be my favorite episode of the series so far. Sure, I love Terra and it's great seeing her again for the first time since the original series' finale, but what really made this episode great was the humor. I don't think I've ever seen so many gags fired so rapidly and repeatedly at the viewer. This is definitely a top tier episode, if only for the fact that it's an absolute laugh fest.

* Loved the opening with Robin doing a "Good Morning" musical number, abruptly ending when he spots Terra. Also great is BB introducing Terra to the group, showing a set of pictures starting with him shoving her to the Photo Booth, and ending with her punching him to the ground.
    * Robin is hilarious all through the short, with his running gag of trying to surprise Terra with "Titan Tests". ("If Terra wants to be a part of the team, she'll have to pass a series of carefully designed tests... BE PREPARED!! ... FOR ANYTHING!!")
    * We get another running gag here, with everyone except Raven being totally oblivious that Terra is evil. It's really, really, REALLY dumb, but on a show like this, it fits.
    * Why is Terra using such a gigantic phone? This is smartphone era, girl!
    * Side note, but this is the fourth time Greg Cipes and Ashley Johnson play two characters on the same show that are romantically involved. I'm going to make a prediction here and say there will be another instance before the end of 2015.
    * "Somebody is J-E-ALOUS!" I will never unsee that Cyborg face. Never.
    * So apparently the Titans' main computer has everything in four folders: "Titans Sensitive Secrets", "Robin's Jamz", "Warez", and one last folder that's nothing but pictures of dolphins. Huh.
    * Raven Vs. Terra could have been an awesome fight, but I felt it ended too early with Raven sucking Terra into another dimension. Oh well, it's not like Status Quo cares about that, this is the show where everyone can die and come back the next episode, after all.
    * The final shot was a cute nod to the BBxRae shippers, but I wouldn't look too much into it. It's ridiculous that, based on what I've seen at other sites, people are already claiming the pairing is "canon".

Pulling the "You can go read fanfiction" card is a really lame argument, as wanting to see something happen on the actual show is not the same as reading a fanfic. There's plenty of fanfiction out there that resembles the actual show, so if the series got canceled and the network's argument were to be "You can go read fanfiction", would you say it's a valid one?

20. Silverstar

Silverstar Ah, No.

Point taken, but I just personally wouldn't want to see that, though I wouldn't fault a TV producer if that was something they wanted to do.