1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Just in time for Halloween, enter for a chance to win a $50 Gift Card from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

"Teen Titans Go!" Season Four Talkback (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'The DC Comics Animation Forum' started by RoyalRubble, Oct 20, 2016.

?

Rate & Discuss this "Teen Titans Go!" Season

1. *****

2 vote(s)
    25.0%
  2. ****1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. ****

2 vote(s)
    25.0%
  4. ***1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. ***

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. **1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. **

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. *1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. *

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. 1/2

4 vote(s)
    50.0%
  1. Gold Guy

Gold Guy Ride On
    Staff Member Moderator

Even crazier than the average TTG episode. Not everything in this worked for me, but I'd be lying if I didn't say that some of the imagery was just plain awesome, especially in part four.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

I wouldn't object to B.E.R. writing more songs to be featured on TTG.

• Like Like x 1
  3. RoyalRubble

RoyalRubble Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

I imagine the Special had a good enough reaction from fans for the crew to consider adding more of their songs next season. But who can tell for sure when it comes to this show. :p

4. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

It's pretty cool that college homework became a famous song a decade later.

Come September 1 (or when the next run of new episodes start), it's going to feel weird going back to 'status quo' until the 2 part 200th episode (the NBTS finale is #187 and the 2 parter is #199-200 presumably).

• Like Like x 1
  5. GWOtaku

GWOtaku Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator Reporter

ICYMI, Cartoon Network posted an AMV for "The Night Begins to Shine" using the Fall Out Boy mix.

The miniseries was worth it just for the fourth episode. Mecha beating down an evil dragon to the sweet, sweet sounds of the 1980s? Can I have a sequel?

• Like Like x 2
  6. RoyalRubble

RoyalRubble Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Tune in to a new Teen Titans Go! episode, tonight at 6:00PM ET on Cartoon Network!

[​IMG]
    Teen Titans Go! "Lication"
    Episode Debut - September 1st, 2017

Robin introduces the other Titans to a money-making application but they soon learn the dangers of a shareconomy.

Comments?

Mod Note: We appreciate and encourage discussion, but please keep your posts civil, relevant and insightful. Please do not post any improper or inflammatory material, as we will issue warnings if we believe it necessary. And remember to keep the discussion ON-TOPIC!

7. Fone Bone

Fone Bone Matt Zimmer

Teen Titans Go! "Lication"

Much like their pyramid scheme episode, this is TTG looking at an adult problem in a simplified way, to explain to kids what is wrong with it. The trouble here is that unlike pyramid schemes, the Shareconomy may not actually be sinister. It DOES make a certain kind of financial sense, and it's probably better for the environment too. That being said, the Titans are right to be skeptical for the reasons they are. Cynicism about stuff like this is something that is good to ingrain into kids early on. It's a money making App, and it's totally free? What is the angle there? Who actually benefits? And won't this put legit businesses out of work?

Ultimately, I do not think that a Shareconomy will destroy our way of life, but Wal-Mart sounded like an okay idea on paper too. The episode is right to get kids to be skeptical about things that seem too good to be true.

For the record, Raven is right. Robin is gross. Totally. Yuck. ****.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

Agreed, it was a decent lesson for children for once. heh.

Never get tired of Dr. Light getting messed up. Terra cameo was cute.

• Like Like x 2
  9. Fone Bone

Fone Bone Matt Zimmer

I think TTG does all right when it does messages for kids. The problem is when they gear their episodes towards middle-aged hipsters. The producers crazily oftentimes think that someone my age is actually the target audience for this show, and has the characters behave in ways I barely tolerate on an adult oriented show like Family Guy. I find Cyborg's Golden Girls obsession funny. But I don't think any kids would, and think it's stupid they gave it to him for that reason.

Also, whenever CN does antibullying PSA's, it's hard to take them seriously when they use these characters for the bumper clips. Robin is quite possibly the second biggest fictional bully on television after Chanel from Scream Queens, and he's never properly punished for it. I also am quite alarmed and disgusted that the producers didn't seem to understand there was a pro-violence against women subtext when he crane-kicked Raven and Starfire in the head in the episode they all went back to school. TTG's problem isn't that they don't know how to teach kids a decent lesson. It's that they sometimes forget kids actually watch this show.

• Like Like x 1
  10. RoyalRubble

RoyalRubble Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

I think these more educational episodes are generally more well received. It's kind of strange how the show touches on subjects other more serious shows never really explored. This was pretty good, it taught a decent lesson while still having some of the weirder humor this show is known for.

I also liked Terra's cameo. It's been a while since she last appeared.

11. RoyalRubble

RoyalRubble Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Tune in to a new Teen Titans Go! episode, tonight at 6:00PM ET on Cartoon Network!

[​IMG]
    Teen Titans Go! "Labor Day"
    Episode Debut - September 4th, 2017

Robin uses Labor Day as an opportunity to teach the other Titans about the importance of labor.

Comments?

Mod Note: We appreciate and encourage discussion, but please keep your posts civil, relevant and insightful. Please do not post any improper or inflammatory material, as we will issue warnings if we believe it necessary. And remember to keep the discussion ON-TOPIC!

12. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

Eh, kind of a basic Robin makes them do stuff episode but they don't learn the lesson. But at least they were able to air it on the day of the holiday for once.

EDIT: The old school video game dig for oil was pretty funny. Bumping into the random player and letting his get roasted. lol.

• Like Like x 1
    #172 Yojimbo, Sep 4, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 5, 2017
  13. ShadowBlinky

ShadowBlinky Never A Good Bot

Loved the Dig Dug reference.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. Radical

Radical The Face of Evil & Epicness!!!!!

Labor Day was pretty great/funny,

The Teen Titans celebrate Labor Day, sweet.
    Love the evil sun after the evil robots, hehehe.
    The Teen Titans learning about the importance of labor from Robin was great/funny.
    Raven snapping is so hilarious, hahahahahahaha:p.
    The Dig Dug reference was great/funny, so love the classic video game references:D.
    Robin getting his just desserts at the end was funny.

• Like Like x 2
  15. RoyalRubble

RoyalRubble Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

"Labor Day" was pretty decent. It's cool they got another special for a holiday you don't usually see celebrated on other shows.

I think my favorite bits were the Titans trying to make their own gasoline (especially Beast Boy's role in that scheme), and designing the bag of chips.

If Robin didn't destroy that time machine, they probably still could have enjoyed Labor Day in this episode. :p

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. Gold Guy

Gold Guy Ride On
    Staff Member Moderator

...Oh my gosh, you're right. Way to think ahead, Robin!

Anyway, Lication and Labor Day were both really fun. Like others have said, the educational ones have a very good track record, and it makes Robin's preachy attitude more bearable (although the toothbrush scene was pushing it.)

Those poor robots just wanted to help.

With Labor Day, the Dig-Dug gag was the best, but I also liked how none of the Titans realized that growing corn would take weeks, thus causing them to miss the three-day weekend.

• Like Like x 1
  17. RoyalRubble

RoyalRubble Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

[​IMG]
    Teen Titans Go! "Classic Titans"
    Episode Debut - September 15th, 2017

Control Freak attempts to prove his point about classic superhero cartoons by sending the Titans to a former version of "Teen Titans Go!''

Comments?

18. tuatara1

tuatara1 Member

And now they've returned to proving that they're the most defensive series on television, this time by mocking Superfriends-era cartoons in order to make their own show seem better by comparison. I really wish they would just get over this need to try to prove their critics wrong, because it just makes them look petty and insecure every time they do it. The fact that their show practically runs Cartoon Network at this point ought to be all the reassurance they need, but they don't seem to be able to let it go.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  19. ZanyLogic5

ZanyLogic5 Active Member

If anything, I'm more convinced the writers are running out of ideas.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

Otto von Death's backstory was so hilarious. Things got real even in the Superfriends cartoons. lol.

• Like Like x 3