1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Just in time for Halloween, enter for a chance to win a $50 Gift Card from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

"Teen Titans Go!" Season Four Talkback (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'The DC Comics Animation Forum' started by RoyalRubble, Oct 20, 2016.

?

Rate & Discuss this "Teen Titans Go!" Season

1. *****

2 vote(s)
    25.0%
  2. ****1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. ****

2 vote(s)
    25.0%
  4. ***1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. ***

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. **1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. **

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. *1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. *

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. 1/2

4 vote(s)
    50.0%
  1. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

'Cept history teachers might not like the show's take on historical accuracy. Still the guy sad about not getting to drink soda, the Founding Fathers looking like a gang, a giant bald eagle, and the Statue of Liberty winking were pretty funny stuff.

• Like Like x 1
  2. RoyalRubble

RoyalRubble Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

It's not like this is the first show to ever make fun of a country's historical events. But given Teen Titan Go's reputation I could see this episode turning into another reason for people to attack the show.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Gold Guy

Gold Guy Ride On
    Staff Member Moderator

I get the feeling that this episode could probably offend some people, but I always admire when the show goes for broke and just lets all heck loose. I mean, Lady Liberty fighting a mecha Big Ben? Or Robin summoning a bald eagle Lord of the Rings style?

I'll honestly take this level of crazy over some of the recent "mild" holiday episodes.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. RoyalRubble

RoyalRubble Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Tune in to a new Teen Titans Go! episode, tonight at 6:00PM ET on Cartoon Network! Check out the first part of an All-new Special 4 Night Event!

[​IMG]
    Teen Titans Go! - "The Day The Night Stopped Beginning to Shine and Became Dark Even Though it was the Day"
    Chapter One: I Saw You Dance

Episode Debut - August 1st, 2017
    Written by - Michael Jelenic & Aaron Horvath
    Directed by - Luke Cormican & Peter Rida Michail

Cyborg becomes trapped in the alternate reality of Night Begins to Shine with a dragon who wants to steal the song for his own evil purposes.

Comments?

Mod Note: We appreciate and encourage discussion, but please keep your posts civil, relevant and insightful. Please do not post any improper or inflammatory material, as we will issue warnings if we believe it necessary. And remember to keep the discussion ON-TOPIC!

Related Discussion:
    Teen Titans Go! "40%, 40%, 20%" Talkback (Spoilers)

#144 RoyalRubble, Aug 1, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 5, 2017
  5. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

Favorite part was Robin casually telling Beast Boy his singing is garbage. :D

Pretty cool they also drew in CeeLo's Yorkie, Zu, in his cameo. The three big security dudes were hilarious.

Joe asking about Batman and the TT's reaction was awesome.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Mikurotoro92

Mikurotoro92 Banned

I like how this did a new take on the "inside the body/video game/internet/book" concept that other kids' cartoons did to death

Going inside of a song is genius!

• Like Like x 1
  7. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

I popped in 40%, 40%, 20% and rewatched it. It appears that same red dragon from this episode appears on the album art. He's on a keyboard on the far right while B.E.R. is on the far left. I bet the dragon is going to claim he created the song and got swindled by the band.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Radical

Radical The Face of Evil & Epicness!!!!!

I Saw You Dance was pretty sweet/enjoyable, I'll enjoy the mini-Night Begins To Shine arc,

Going inside of a song after the computer/videogame was a sweet genius idea.
    Cool seeing the Night Begins To Shine alternate world with a sweet 80s' retro look:D.
    The Teen Titans look awesome in the different retro style, Starfire looks hot in it.
    Cool seeing the awesome wolf.
    The evil red dragon, my favorite awesome new minor villain:D, his evil plan on wanting the song was great.
    Robin saying Beast Boy's singing garbage was funny, hahahahahaha.
    Cool seeing Cee Lo Green, the security guards were funny.
    Cool seeing Fallout Boy, Joe asking about Batman and the Teen Titans' reactions was awesome/funny, hahahahaha:p.
    Cyborg doomed, best cliffhanger, I'll enjoy the next episode parts.

• Like Like x 1
  9. RoyalRubble

RoyalRubble Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Tune in to a new Teen Titans Go! episode, tonight at 6:00PM ET on Cartoon Network! Check out the second part of The Night Begins to Shine Special 4 Night Event!

[​IMG]
    Teen Titans Go! - "The Day The Night Stopped Beginning to Shine and Became Dark Even Though it was the Day"
    Chapter Two: The Story in Your Eyes

Episode Debut - August 2nd, 2017

Without Cyborg, Beast Boy feels lost and sets out to find himself, but ends up meeting a music legend.

Comments?

Mod Note: We appreciate and encourage discussion, but please keep your posts civil, relevant and insightful. Please do not post any improper or inflammatory material, as we will issue warnings if we believe it necessary. And remember to keep the discussion ON-TOPIC!

#149 RoyalRubble, Aug 2, 2017
  10. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

He knows how to spell 'bear', lol. Billy revealing himself to be Reagan was also hilarious.

• Like Like x 1
  11. RoyalRubble

RoyalRubble Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Tune in to a new Teen Titans Go! episode, tonight at 6:00PM ET on Cartoon Network! Check out the third part of The Night Begins to Shine Special 4 Night Event!

[​IMG]
    Chapter Three: Playing Hard to Get

Episode Debut - August 3rd, 2017

The Titans return to the alternate reality to save Cyborg but will they be able to defeat the Dragon?

Comments?

#151 RoyalRubble, Aug 3, 2017
  12. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

The Brian the drifter anecdote was surprising. Figured it would be Sticky Joe. Guess BB is charmed with bums.

Pretty hilarious how quickly Raven found Burnett and Enea in-universe but since it's Part 3 they had to hurry up. Regan's reactions are gold. lol. I'm curious how B.E.R. chose Cyborg to be the host of the song or the song simply chose Cyborg like a power ring chooses a Lantern.

The sequence with the new song "Forever Mine" was pretty rad.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. RoyalRubble

RoyalRubble Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Tune in to a new Teen Titans Go! episode, tonight at 6:00PM ET on Cartoon Network! Check out the epic conclusion of The Night Begins to Shine Special 4 Night Event!

[​IMG]
    Chapter Four: The Night Begins to Shine

Episode Debut - August 4th, 2017
    Directed by - Peter Rida Michail

In a final epic battle, the Titans and their musician friends square off against the Dragon for control of The Night Begins to Shine.

Comments?

#153 RoyalRubble, Aug 4, 2017
  14. dprboy

dprboy Member

the finale of TNBTS was awesome! they should make more action-packed episodes like this!

• Like Like x 1
  15. Radical

Radical The Face of Evil & Epicness!!!!!

The Night Begins To Shine was pretty awesome/engaging after the previous episodes,

Both Cee-Lo, Fallout Boy, and B.E.R.'s new retro non-human forms were pretty awesome with sweet designs, Polar Bear Cee-Lo is pretty cool.
    Both the Teen Titans and Cee-Lo/Fallout Boy/B.E.R.'s final battle with the evil dragon and his minions was awesome with amazing action:D.
    Cool seeing the wolf joining them.
    The evil dragon's defeat, farewell, he was an awesome dangerous new minor villain, I hope he returns in the future:D.
    Both the Teen Titans, B.E.R., Cee-Lo, and Fallout Boy saving The Night Begins To Shine alternate world was sweet.
    Cool to see Hi Hi PuffyAmiYumi.

Love the epic 4-part The Night Begins To Shine arc, I hope to see more great action-packed episodes further seasons.

• Like Like x 1
    #155 Radical, Aug 4, 2017
  16. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

That was a pretty sweet finale.

Nice treat it ended with Puffy AmiYumi's cover of The Night Begins to Shine playing.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Fone Bone

Fone Bone Matt Zimmer

Teen Titans Go! "The Day The Night Stopped Beginning To Shine And Became Dark Even Though It Was The Day: Chapter Four: The Night Begins To Shine"

That was phenomemal. Yeah, I know it's a satire of this kind of stuff, and is actually making fun of it, but it's still awesome. I would go so far as to say that if the entire series had been like this, no-one would ever have had a problem with it. *****.

• Like Like x 1
  18. ShadowBlinky

ShadowBlinky Never A Good Bot

Breathtaking.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

• Like Like x 1
    #159 Yojimbo, Aug 5, 2017
  20. RoyalRubble

RoyalRubble Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Pretty awesome 4-part episode. The music and visuals of the Night Begins to Shine world were the highlights. It's cool BER appeared and even sang some other stuff than the title song. But I have to admit I've never even heard of them before the "40%, 40%, 20%" episode from two years ago. CeeLo and Fall Out Boy were pretty cool guest-stars, as well. I'm not a huge fan of their music but at least I have heard of them. :p

Some pretty funny stuff in here, with the Titans trying to get the celebrities to sing, that bird trying to tell Beast Boy the mechanic was Billy, or Raven finding the other members of the band. The comedy worked for the most part, but like I said the adventure and music parts were more entertaining. And having Hi Hi Puffy Ami Yumi sing at the end was a nice way to wrap things up.