1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Just in time for Halloween, enter for a chance to win a $50 Gift Card from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

"Teen Titans Go!" Season Four Talkback (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'The DC Comics Animation Forum' started by RoyalRubble, Oct 20, 2016.

?

Rate & Discuss this "Teen Titans Go!" Season

1. *****

2 vote(s)
    25.0%
  2. ****1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. ****

2 vote(s)
    25.0%
  4. ***1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. ***

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. **1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. **

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. *1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. *

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. 1/2

4 vote(s)
    50.0%
  1. Yoshimickster

Yoshimickster Active Member

...this may be the worst episode this season. They literally just copied and pasted the plot and dialogue of "Employee of the Month" with almost NO new jokes.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Radical

Radical The Face of Evil & Epicness!!!!!

Employee of the Month Redux was great/funny, my favorite episode rebooting Employee of the Month, love it!!!!

The cube-shaped UFOs' designs were pretty sweet.
    Beast Boy weaseling his way to get money from the Titans for a moped was funny, hehehe.
    So funny when Raven snaps, hahahaha:p.
    Beast Boy getting a job and seeing the Source/Newfu's evil secret, great rehashed moment.
    Cool to see the Source, yaaaaaay, my favorite awesome funny bizarre supervillain:D, Beast Boy's great new enemy, Rob Paulsen as him was sweet.
    Starfire's funny lines, hahahahaha.
    Poor Source devoured by Cyborg, just like the original, hahahahaha:p, great funny ending.

After seeing Punk Rocket/The Source, I hope to see Red X II, Johnny Rancid, Warp, Professor Chang, Overload, Atlas, Krall, Malchior, and Val-Yor coming soon for great comedy moments.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

Eh, didn't go in with big expectations. I meant to rewatch the original episode but never got around to it. I know for sure a couple things got renamed. The moped went from Tidwell 3000 to Takayama 3000. When Starfire mentions cow people of Garline Prime - that was the planet the Source was from in the original series. Bob changed to the Meaty guy. Kept the Mega Meaty Meat name, noofu, Cyborg ends up eating him. Dropped the Bob clones and squirt gun thing.

It was kinda neat the steak out at the start of the episode was MacDonald's farm or at least they reused the design. Chuckled at Cyborg's "Moo-yah!" Robin driving past the Bat-O's truck. Starfire's meta lines at the end. Maybe-Glen-Murakami on the Takayama?

• Like Like x 2
  4. RoyalRubble

RoyalRubble Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

This was pretty much what I expected when I saw the title of the episode. "Employee of the Month" was one of the silliest stories from the 2003 show, so it should have fit in nicely with the tone of this show. Funny how it still had a decent amount of action, maybe even more than an usual episode.

I don't really have much else to say. It was pretty decent, with some amusing stuff and some minor changes from the original story (which wasn't one of my favorite episodes to begin with).

Scott Menville voiced the Source here; it was voiced by Rob Paulsen in the 2003 show.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Yoshimickster

Yoshimickster Active Member

I was also disappointed the moped didn't like, explode or something in a hilarious fashion.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Dudley

Dudley Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Three minutes in, did I realize that this was a remake of an episode from the original series. That's really weird. I wonder if they'll do that again. I hope not,

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  7. Neo Ultra Mike

Neo Ultra Mike Creeping Shadow of "15000"+ Posts

Shows just how cheap this show is... once again if they aren't going to even bother trying to get Rob Paulsen or Tom Kane (who played the boss in the original) to reprise the roles here even though Paulsen's high pitch squeal and Bob's super normal professorish voice made those characters a lot funnier then just getting Cripes and Menville to play double duty. No offense to those VAs but pretty obvious why in the original show they bothered getting other talent to voice these characters.

Honestly I don't get the point of this episode at all. Maybe if there were more jokes like the end with saying it's familiar or rather weird it'd be one thing. Maybe if it was a "hey you thought the original was super serious but there was this super crazy go nuts episode that is even freakier then most of our story" I could get redoing the story or maybe if they were adding their own spin like they found a way to add in another level of weirdness on top like if the cows in turn were demon vampire babies in disguise just using the new fu who was seemingly using them. But no they played it straight but... that isn't really that funny here. In something like the original since the characters were more serious and grounded it made the outlandish wonky episodes more entertaining just seeing them go out there with some of the ideas. But in TTG most episodes are like that. The last episode was about hand zombies so how am I suppose to them just having this plot played straight feel any different if I didn't know the baggage? And knowing it if it's just repeating jokes without the fluid animation or the more serious voice acting or even being able to go more out there (Beast Boy originally got the new fu guy to cooperate by threatening to eat him for instance which makes Cyborg eating him at the end funnier) makes this one feel lame in comparison. Especially since the original episode itself had some of the most homage shots of FLCL in the show (and yeah the original Teen Titans homaged FLCL a lot but Employee of the month really ran with it) which even if you didn't know where those came from seeing those kind of shots in this scenario is just much more instantly funny. Really what are they saying with this? "We can make that kind of silly plot in our show?" Well... no one ever said you couldn't TTG staff. But were you actually doing anything fun with it? Not really as there aren't any good joke homages at all. It's not a ripoff since it's clear it's referencing the original but it's just... redoing it without adding anything to it's own and removing the charm the original had. I guess that means it's a "Disney Live Action"ifed take on the original but... again TTG why are you doing this?

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. RoyalRubble

RoyalRubble Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Tune in to a new Teen Titans Go! episode, tonight at 6:00PM ET on Cartoon Network!

[​IMG]
    Teen Titans Go! "The Avogodo"
    Episode Debut - May 5th, 2017
    Written by - Christopher Gentile
    Directed by - James Krenzke

It's Cinco de Mayo and Robin learns that avocados are a super food that give you super powers.

Comments?

Mod Note: We appreciate and encourage discussion, but please keep your posts civil, relevant and insightful. Please do not post any improper or inflammatory material, as we will issue warnings if we believe it necessary. And remember to keep the discussion ON-TOPIC!

#108 RoyalRubble, May 5, 2017
    Last edited: May 6, 2017
  9. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

Starts off as a rehash of "Spice Game" but gets more weirder when Robin's the one that goes overboard. Definitely a weird season.

• Like Like x 1
  10. RoyalRubble

RoyalRubble Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Decent episode. It's cool they covered another holiday. The story had some amusing stuff (for some reason, I found Robin's creepy way of saying "Soon" pretty hilarious) but overall it was a very weird episode.

11. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

Noticed a couple subtle nods to past episodes and easter eggs on second viewing. Like Starfire grooming Silkie or on Raven's Darkseid Hat Sauce there's his Omega symbol.

• Like Like x 1
  12. RoyalRubble

RoyalRubble Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Tune in to a new Teen Titans Go! episode, tonight at 6:00PM ET on Cartoon Network!

[​IMG]
    Teen Titans Go! "Orangins"
    Episode Debut - May 29th, 2017
    Written by - Aaron Horvath
    Directed by - Luke Cormican

The Titans each tell their own slightly inaccurate origin stories.

Comments?

Mod Note: We appreciate and encourage discussion, but please keep your posts civil, relevant and insightful. Please do not post any improper or inflammatory material, as we will issue warnings if we believe it necessary. And remember to keep the discussion ON-TOPIC!

#112 RoyalRubble, May 29, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 4, 2017
  13. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

This season is getting increasingly bizarre. The mock origin stories of Batman, Superman, Green Lantern, and Spider-Man were amusing but then the ending got super weird with John Stewart and BB.

EDIT: Second viewing. It kind of hearkens back to those funky endings at the start of the series that could be explained away easy enough. Here, you could say oh it's just a prank that resolves off screen - hence why BB keeps appearing in the series.

And I guess laying eggs is still funny to someone on the staff. lol. The Batman theories about the yellow sun, planet of bats, and Hulk gamma radiation were pretty amusing, too. Punching out Hector Hammond was hilarious.

And I guess I can appreciate how they poke a hole at the classics like with Raven asking how she got a gig taking photos when she's just a teen, Cyborg questioning his parents shooting him into space or the epilogue about the farmers becoming homeless or Beast Boy dismissing the monkey in his own classic origin.

I still love seeing GLTAS easter eggs, and Sur's ship being the Interceptor was awesome.

Though, I'm still on Robin's side for once...

• Like Like x 1
    #113 Yojimbo, May 29, 2017
    Last edited: May 30, 2017
  14. RoyalRubble

RoyalRubble Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Fun episode. The fake origin stories were pretty hilarious, and it was amusing seeing Robin get so annoyed with them.

- Raven as Spider-Man. It was nice seeing a parody of Marvel characters, since the others were all from DC. The old people raising her, and the radioactive bird were pretty funny. I liked that quick gag with the newspaper her uncle was reading, having a headline mentioning an octopus that earned a doctorate.

- Cyborg as Superman. Decent but not as fun as the others. I was expecting them to point out he never explained how he became an actual cyborg.

- Starfire as Batman. Probably my favorite of these origin stories. I liked how she pretty much looked exactly like Batgirl. The cats and dogs were amusing (the doggy Bane gag kind of reminded me of a sketch from Robot Chicken). And I was hoping for another "Martha" joke. :p

- Beast Boy as Green Lantern. Not much to say about this one but it's a reasonable enough explanation as to why he's green. The ending with John Stewart was great, though.

• Like Like x 1
  15. RoyalRubble

RoyalRubble Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

[​IMG]
    Teen Titans Go! "Jinxed"
    Episode Debut - June 9th, 2017
    Written by - Jacquie Menville
    Directed by - James Krenzke

Robin ignores the rules for a game of jinx and ends up losing his voice.

Comments?

#115 RoyalRubble, Jun 9, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 11, 2017
  16. ShadowBlinky

ShadowBlinky Never A Good Bot

Nice "The Little Mermaid" references. :)
    I should've known the real Jinx would show up sooner or later.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

Wasn't feeling this episode but it'll always get a chuckle out of me when they take a grandiose method to go from the Titans Tower to the H.I.V.E. Tower.

• Like Like x 1
  18. WebMasterSage

WebMasterSage Obey the Pecking Order.

What about the Kaioken?

• Like Like x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  19. Robin44

Robin44 Member

I enjoyed the episode because of Robin's dances to communicate but..it reminded me of the RS ep "Jinx"

• Like Like x 1
  20. RoyalRubble

RoyalRubble Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Pretty funny episode. I can understand why the Titans would want Robin to shut up more often. The parody of The Little Mermaid was amusing (I think even the animals outside the Tower mirrored some of the supporting characters in the Disney movie). Robin trying to communicate through dance and ultimately just by hitting his team-mates was pretty hilarious. Also, the dumb or genius twist that Jinx is involved with the game of jinx. It was nice seeing her again, and I liked how Star and Raven suggested a "Girl's Night Out 5".

• Agree Agree x 2