1. We're giving away Twin Saga MMO Starter Packs! Get your free key here: Twin Saga Starter Pack Giveaway
  2. Episode 13 of the Toonzone Podcast is live! Listen to it here: http://www.toonzone.net/toonzone-podcast-episode-13/

We discuss The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild, the Nintendo Switch, 20 years of Toonami, Toonami’s first era on Cartoon Network, the Adult Swim era, and what we’d like to see from Toonami in the future.

Dismiss Notice

"Teen Titans Go!" Season Four Talkback (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'The DC Comics Animation Forum' started by RoyalRubble, Oct 20, 2016.

?

Rate & Discuss this "Teen Titans Go!" Season

1. *****

2 vote(s)
    40.0%
  2. ****1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. ****

1 vote(s)
    20.0%
  4. ***1/2

1 vote(s)
    20.0%
  5. ***

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. **1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. **

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. *1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. *

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. 1/2

1 vote(s)
    20.0%
  1. Gold Guy

Gold Guy Ride On
    Staff Member Moderator

Oh, Robin. Always mistreating his teammates. I missed Kid Flash, since he's always fun to have around, but he really needs to stay away from Robin's staff. :p

The Darkseid scene was definitely the funniest, and Robin being a complete sore loser with his Sour Grapes song was amusing.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. RoyalRubble

RoyalRubble Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Tune in to a new Teen Titans Go! episode, tonight at 6:00PM ET on Cartoon Network!

[​IMG]
    Teen Titans Go! "Inner Beauty of a Cactus"
    Episode Debut - February 3rd, 2017
    Written by - Brady Klosterman
    Directed by - Luke Cormican

The Titans play Spin The Bottle as Starfire tries to improve her vocabulary through kissing.

Comments?

Mod Note: We appreciate and encourage discussion, but please keep your posts civil, relevant and insightful. Please do not post any improper or inflammatory material, as we will issue warnings if we believe it necessary. And remember to keep the discussion ON-TOPIC!

#42 RoyalRubble, Feb 3, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 4, 2017
  3. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

The only part I laughed at was when Batman pulled Gordon away from the window.

• Like Like x 1
  4. RoyalRubble

RoyalRubble Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Pretty lame episode overall, but I did like a few short scenes, like Star with Cyborg's voice getting into a debate over the classic TV line-up, Robin getting into a serious relationship with the cactus and the ending with the villains beating the Titans up.

5. zoombie

zoombie Well-Known Member

Well an episode about Starfire kissing any random person to gain knowledge, and she never kissed one girl, was the intentional, do these writers now know what year this is, or what network they are on, you are on Cartoon Network, same channel as Steven Universe, as Adventure Time, and to a lesser extent Clearance, you can do some interesting stuff.

But we still have the Raven / Ravager relationship which is left up to interpretation.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Gold Guy

Gold Guy Ride On
    Staff Member Moderator

Maybe this makes me dirty-minded, but I was totally expecting the episode to end with Starfire kissing Raven. :p

Anyway, nothing much to say about this one, except I guess Robin had some amusing moments.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  7. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

Batman and Gordon's is kinda there, too.

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. Greg91

Greg91 Member

Times may have changed, but that doesn't mean LGBT relationships are that widely accepted at the moment. I've always thought of Raven and Rose Wilson as casual friends and occasionally enemies more than anything romantic, but like you said, it's open to interpretation.
    Pretty much. I wouldn't be surprised if these two are together. :p

• Agree Agree x 2
    #48 Greg91, Feb 5, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 16, 2017
  9. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

One can intimate something more, a sign of the times maybe, but it's probably just BFF for both pairs.

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. RoyalRubble

RoyalRubble Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

The thought of Star resorting to Raven did cross my mind as well. I think they did show the two kissing back when they decided to be each others dads in an episode with Trigon, though it wasn't anything romantic (and come to think of it, it probably wouldn't have been anything like that here either - well, maybe only in Robin's and some of the viewers' minds. :p)

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. ShadowBlinky

ShadowBlinky "BLATHERING BLATHERSKITE!"

Maybe they thought Starfire talking like Raven would be somewhat redundant since they ARE both females. It still would have been funny, though.

• Like Like x 1
  12. RoyalRubble

RoyalRubble Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Tune in to a new Teen Titans Go! episode, tonight at 6:00PM ET on Cartoon Network!

[​IMG]
    Teen Titans Go! "Movie Night"
    Episode Debut - February 10th, 2017
    Story and Teleplay by - Ed Skudder, Lynn Wang, Chad Quandt & Aaron Waltke
    Directed by - Ed Skudder & Lynn Wang

It's Movie Night and the Titans have a hard time deciding who gets to choose which movie they watch.

Comments?

Mod Note: We appreciate and encourage discussion, but please keep your posts civil, relevant and insightful. Please do not post any improper or inflammatory material, as we will issue warnings if we believe it necessary. And remember to keep the discussion ON-TOPIC!

#52 RoyalRubble, Feb 10, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 11, 2017
  13. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

Nice spin on some movie genres. But the one offs cracked me up the most like Control Freak getting smacked for nothing or not realizing BB freed everyone at the prison by cutting the wrong wire.

Also a nice change to see different writers and directors take a crack at TTG! other than the usuals.

• Like Like x 3
    #53 Yojimbo, Feb 10, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 11, 2017
  14. RoyalRubble

RoyalRubble Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Pretty good episode. It was neat seeing what kind of movie each Titan picked to watch. I was honestly expecting them to add in some real movie titles in there just for fun. Not too surprised their plans for a movie night didn't play out as they expected. All in all, a decent episode but I think the only part I really liked was that short scene with Control Freak getting beat up for no good reason.

• Like Like x 1
  15. RoyalRubble

RoyalRubble Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Tune in to a new two-part Teen Titans Go! episode, tonight at 6:00PM ET on Cartoon Network!

[​IMG]
    Teen Titans Go! "BBRAE: Part 1"
    Episode Debut - February 20th, 2017
    Written by - Ben Gruber
    Directed by - Dave Stone

Beast Boy writes a song to tell Raven how he feels about her.

Teen Titans Go! "BBRAE: Part 2"
    Episode Debut - February 20th, 2017
    Written by - Ben Gruber
    Directed by - Luke Cormican

Beast Boy goes on tour with his song, but this upsets Raven.

Comments?

#55 RoyalRubble, Feb 20, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 21, 2017
  16. zoombie

So why is it, that the Beast Boy x Raven episodes are better than the Robin x Starfire episodes, Beast Boy when he screws up, he is still more sympathic than Robin at his worst.

Anyone catch Speedy and Kitten, so they are a couple? Or is that just a blonde girl that looks similar?

• Like Like x 2
  17. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

PT 1

Always love when the TT get horribly mangled. The giant eyeball monster and bear were hilarious. Or when Starfire punched Beast Boy when he started singing Terra's song to Raven. Robin's paranoia came in handy, too. lol. The talking stomach, too, we've all been there. :D

PT 2

I always groan when they get meta about relationship pay offs. Ironic for Starfire of all of them to say the wait was excruciating.

The song chart with all the past TTG songs was a neat easter egg. Night Begins to Shine is still better, imo.

Kind of funny that Beast Boy ignored Raven when he was on tour and taking all the love from fans -- pretty much just like the wish made on the Island Adventures' "Crazy Desire Island" except it was Cyborg instead of Raven.

Yeah, that was definitely Kitten and Speedy. I found it odd. With the in-joke about Speedy and Robin being the same, I thought Speedy would be dating Blackfire. I was surprised they didn't have a cameo by Jinx. And they didn't air this last Tuesday.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. RoyalRubble

RoyalRubble Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Pretty good episode. Best Boy's attempts at romancing Raven were cute, but I liked it more how the others were injured because of them. It was nice how the Titans helped Beast Boy get some inspiration for his new song. Somehow, I just knew Robin would bring some paranoia. The end result was good, though probably not my favorite song to come out of this show.

Beast Boy becoming famous and going on tour was pretty cool, but it was fairly predictable he would forget all about Raven, so I can see why she wanted to curse his song. I wasn't expecting it to have such catastrophic consequences though. I think I liked Beast Boy's apology song a little more. That horse was pretty hilarious.

All in all, fun stuff. My favorite gags were probably Beast Boy wanting to sing for Raven the same song he wrote for Terra, the music chart containing other songs from the show, or how curious the Titans were about seeing Beast Boy and Raven as a couple.

"The drama continues". :p

• Like Like x 2
  19. zoombie

I wonder if they will continue the continuity of Beast Boy and Raven actually being a couple. Someone pointed out to me as of late TTG has had more continuity than it had in the past.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Orangesilentplanet

Orangesilentplanet New Member

Being a BB/Terra fan, I decided to pass on the ending. I did love the gag about BB singing the song he wrote for Terra. That really was the best part. I'm sorry BB/Rae fans, but I just don't pick up on the chemistry between them. I really miss Ashley Johnson being on the show.

Orangesilentplanet