1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Just in time for Halloween, enter for a chance to win a $50 Gift Card from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

"Teen Titans Go!" Season Four Talkback (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'The DC Comics Animation Forum' started by RoyalRubble, Oct 20, 2016.

?

Rate & Discuss this "Teen Titans Go!" Season

1. *****

2 vote(s)
    25.0%
  2. ****1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. ****

2 vote(s)
    25.0%
  4. ***1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. ***

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. **1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. **

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. *1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. *

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. 1/2

4 vote(s)
    50.0%
  1. RoyalRubble

RoyalRubble Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Tune in to a new Teen Titans Go! episode, tonight at 6:00PM ET on Cartoon Network!

[​IMG]
    Teen Titans Go! "TV Knight"
    Episode Debut - November 26th, 2016
    Story by - Luke Cormican, Sean Kreiner & Peter Rida Michail
    Directed by - Luke Cormican & Peter Rida Michail

Batman and Commissioner Gordon check in on various happenings around Jump City.

Comments?

Mod Note: We appreciate and encourage discussion, but please keep your posts civil, relevant and insightful. Please do not post any improper or inflammatory material, as we will issue warnings if we believe it necessary. And remember to keep the discussion ON-TOPIC!

#21 RoyalRubble, Nov 26, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 27, 2016
  2. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

Got to give it to TTG, Gordon knows Batman is Bruce. The Alfred texts and grappling to bathroom were hilarious. Still a weird episode overall.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Gold Guy

Gold Guy Ride On
    Staff Member Moderator

Definitely could have done without the Starfire drinking fish water gag...

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. RoyalRubble

RoyalRubble Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Weird, but fun episode. The scenes with Batman and Gordon pretty much overshadowed all of the Titans' plots. It was so surreal seeing the two interact like that, something we've never really seen before and I kind of doubt we'll ever see it again on another show.

So many gags, some worked better than others, but I liked the bit with Batman and Gordon pretending to be each other, the whole texting scene with Alfred and that random Donut Bat-Signal. Overall, a pretty interesting concept and I think they managed to make an entertaining story out of it.

• Like Like x 1
  5. RoyalRubble

RoyalRubble Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Tune in to a new Teen Titans Go! episode, tonight at 6:00PM ET on Cartoon Network! A new Christmas special premieres tonight!

[​IMG]
    Teen Titans Go! "Teen Titans Save Christmas"
    Episode Debut - December 1st, 2016
    Written by - Aaron Horvath & Michael Jelenic
    Directed by - Dave Stone

When Santa decides to quit, the Titans pitch in to save Christmas.

Comments?

Mod Note: We appreciate and encourage discussion, but please keep your posts civil, relevant and insightful. Please do not post any improper or inflammatory material, as we will issue warnings if we believe it necessary. And remember to keep the discussion ON-TOPIC!

#25 RoyalRubble, Dec 1, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 2, 2016
  6. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

Kinda dumb... if Santa didn't tell the Titans he quit, his plan would have worked. They would have thought it was just another Christmas not getting presents and not done anything else. But the Titans going nuts over coal then beans at the end was pretty funny.

• Like Like x 1
  7. RoyalRubble

RoyalRubble Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Pretty lame episode, to be honest. I guess they just used Santa too many times on the show before to come up with a decent new idea for a story. I did like Robin trying to go down a chimney, the cans of beans at the end a and Sticky Joe's surprise role, but that's about it.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

Oh yeah... the Tower has no chimney because Robin destroyed it in "Birds"

9. RoyalRubble

RoyalRubble Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Tune in to a new Teen Titans Go! episode, tonight at 6:00PM ET on Cartoon Network!

[​IMG]
    Teen Titans Go! "BBSFBDAY"
    Episode Debut - December 3rd, 2016
    Written by - Aaron Horvath
    Directed by - Peter Rida Michail

When Beast Boy learns that Starfire has never celebrated her birthday, he offers to share his with her.

Comments?

#29 RoyalRubble, Dec 3, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 4, 2016
  10. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

Robin snapping about the cake, the Batman v Superman reference, and Star's tofu gift cracked me up.

Yeah, it's a cartoon and all but Tamaran science didn't make much sense to me. So how old is Star...?

• Like Like x 1
  11. RoyalRubble

RoyalRubble Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Pretty good episode. I liked it better than last year's "BBBDAY". It was nice Beast Boy wanted to share his birthday with Starfire though predictable it won't work out the way he wanted. Funny how Star got all the good gifts. The fight over the pinata at the end was pretty cool.

That jab at Batman V Superman was hilarious. :D

#31 RoyalRubble, Dec 4, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 4, 2016
  12. Cosmo

Cosmo New Poster. Old Lurker.

While I never saw this episode and don't really watch TTG, reading the description of this episode was really pleasant.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Gold Guy

Gold Guy Ride On
    Staff Member Moderator

The weakest Christmas episode so far. Most of the plot felt...done, somehow.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Radical

Radical The Face of Evil & Epicness!!!!!

Season 4 episode 6 was another pretty great/funny Christmas episode,

The Titans do need lumps of coals as much as they've been scumbags previous episodes, hehehe.

The Titans enjoying the coal, so funny, hehehe.

Cool seeing Evil Santa, best recurring reboot villain.

Robin trying fit in the chimney, hahahahahaha.

The Titans vs. Evil Santa was enjoyable.

The Titans enjoying the can of beans at the end, hahahahahaha.

• Like Like x 1
  15. RoyalRubble

RoyalRubble Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Tune in to a new two-part Teen Titans Go! episode, tonight at 6:00PM ET on Cartoon Network!

[​IMG]
    Teen Titans Go! "The Streak: Part 1"
    Episode Debut - January 27th, 2017
    Written by - Ben Gruber
    Directed by - Dave Stone

It's Crime Season and Robin is determined to continue his streak of stopping 52 crimes every year.

Teen Titans Go! "The Streak: Part 2"
    Episode Debut - January 27th, 2017
    Written by - Ben Gruber
    Directed by - Luke Cormican

Robin's streak of stopping 52 crimes every year is in jeopardy when members of his team are poached by Kid Flash.

Comments?

#35 RoyalRubble, Jan 27, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 28, 2017
  16. zoombie

zoombie Well-Known Member

For goodness sake are we ever going to get our Cyborg . Jynx x Kid Flash love triangle?

• Like Like x 1
  17. Radical

Radical The Face of Evil & Epicness!!!!!

The Streak Parts 1 & 2 were pretty awesome/enjoyable,

The Batman: The Animated Series/Teen Titans references, awesome.

Robin turning the Crime Season into a sport was funny.

Cool seeing Kid Flash, Robin vs. Kid Flash was enjoyable with Robin being the rotten creep as usual, hehehe, but his Sour Grapes song was pretty cool/catchy.

Nice seeing Brother Blood, The Brain, Gizmo, Cinderblock, Mumbo, Dr. Light, and Killer Moth, the poor loser villains, hehehe, and cool seeing Darkseid, yaaaaay:D.

Love Kid Flash beating Robin with Cyborg, Starfire, and Raven joining him, sweet payback, hehehe.

Both Evil Santa, The Tooth Fairy, and Sticky Joe being the new team was enjoyable, Evil Santa/The Tooth Fairy being anti-heroes, cool.

Evil Santa's musical number was enjoyable, love the Slade cameo:D.

The Blues Brothers/Karate Kid references.

Poor Kid Flash to lose from Robin's returning rotten move, I wanted Kid Flash to win it, oh well, the Flash will beat up Robin if he saw it, hehehe.

I hope to see the Cyborg/Kid Flash/Jinx love triangle soon though, lots of great comedy for it.

• Like Like x 1
    #37 Radical, Jan 27, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 30, 2017
  18. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

Favorite part was Darkseid littering. lmao. The scene with the Brain was pretty awesome, too.

B:TAS and TT nods were unexpected. As was all those pop culture references at the start of Part 2. So good! Blues Brothers and Karate Kid cracked me up. Two guys from different backgrounds trying to make things work. lmao.

• Like Like x 1
  19. RoyalRubble

RoyalRubble Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Fun two-part episode. The Crime Season was a pretty weird idea but it did get the story to move along nicely. The rivalry between Robin and Kid Flash was neat. I liked how the other Titans just abandoned Robin and joined Kid Flash's team. Pretty funny how he didn't want Beast Boy.

The replacement Teen Titans were pretty good - I wasn't really in any hurry to see Santa pop up again on the show but I think he was used better here than in his previous appearances. Nice seeing Tooth Fairy again, I forgot that weird sound he made.

Lots of good gags - the montage of Titans defeating various villains (the scenes with Brain, Brother Blood and Darkseid were especially funny to me), the musical numbers (I liked Robin's more than Santa's though) and Robin's definition of a duo (with examples!). Pretty nice use of Killer Moth, too.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Action!

Action! Active Member

I didn't see part of it but Robin was thinking the stopping crimes is a sport. I mean seriously, I thought they are supposed to work as a team, not opposite sides.