"Teen Titans Go!" Season Four Talkback (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'The DC Comics Animation Forum' started by RoyalRubble, Oct 20, 2016.

?

Rate & Discuss this "Teen Titans Go!" Season

1. *****

2 vote(s)
    22.2%
  2. ****1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. ****

2 vote(s)
    22.2%
  4. ***1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. ***

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. **1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. **

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. *1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. *

1 vote(s)
    11.1%
  10. 1/2

4 vote(s)
    44.4%
  1. RoyalRubble

RoyalRubble Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Pretty funny seeing the Titans dressed as villains fight the Hive Five dressed as heroes. I'm not sure how they could have used each others' powers, like Raven's for example. But it was a nice gag. I'm glad they tried out something different than re-using plots from the other Halloween episodes.
    I'm pretty sure that was supposed to be Ookla from Thundarr the Barbarian.

• Like Like x 1
  2. zoombie

zoombie Well-Known Member

I thought Jinx looked good dressed as Starfire. Liked to have seen Robin and Cyborg fight over her since is a combo of their love interests. I need some fan art of that.

• Like Like x 1
    #222 zoombie, Oct 28, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 28, 2017
  3. Fone Bone

Fone Bone Matt Zimmer

Teen Titans Go! "Costume Contest"

One of the essential themes to me about this incarnation of the show, is that when it comes to the HIVE, the Titans are the actual bad guys, and always have been. Brother Blood makes a good case that they are actually the villains of the entire series, but a good lawyer could poke holes in that. The fact that they are bad guys to the HIVE is something I do not think should actually be in dispute.

I love that not only is Gizmo's costume too big for Robin, but Robin's costume is too small for Gizmo.

I love that the animatronic arm turns out to be Aqualad. It never ends for that schmuck.

Love Batman as Gilligan and Gordon as Skipper, and the Brain as a Gumball machine. Truth be told, with the circus costume destroyed, the Brain probably should have won that year.

The Titans are the absolute worst. Some weeks that infuriates me. This was not one of those weeks. ***1/2.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

Yes! Ookla. That's who it was. Thanks.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Gold Guy

Gold Guy Ride On
    Staff Member Moderator

Birdarang must make a lot of money being a host. :p

Fun episode...the ending felt almost "too" perfect though, somehow. But maybe I'm just so jaded that I was expecting some kind of twisted ending.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. RoyalRubble

RoyalRubble Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Tune in to a new Teen Titans Go! episode, tonight at 6:00PM ET on Cartoon Network!

[​IMG]
    Teen Titans Go! "Throne of Bones"
    Episode Debut - November 3rd, 2017

The gang listen to heavy metal, but Robin thinks it's dangerous.

Comments?

Mod Note: We appreciate and encourage discussion, but please keep your posts civil, relevant and insightful. Please do not post any improper or inflammatory material, as we will issue warnings if we believe it necessary. And remember to keep the discussion ON-TOPIC!

7. Fone Bone

Fone Bone Matt Zimmer

Teen Titans Go! "Throne Of Bones"

It baffles me that the show that did "The Night Begins To Shine" did an episode about Heavy Metal so cliched and clueless. How musically off is this episode? It legitimately thinks Kenny G is a good representation of smooth jazz. I do not get how the same show that did that awesome four-parter did something this stupid.

It was loud, obnoxious, dumb, and unfunny. The show at its worst. There is no part of this episode that doesn't suck. 0.

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  8. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

The only part that amused me was Robin explaining what a record is. And of course, still relevant to hipsters, real DJs and weird collectors. heh heh.

I half-expected Robin to change into a demon jazz lord when the took the throne or the Metal World transforming into a Jazz World at the end.

Speaking of, the crew will probably never run out of alternate dimensions dedicated to music genres. In addition to The Night Begins to Shine, there was that dance one that Raven, Birdarang and Beatbox starred in.

• Like Like x 1
  9. RoyalRubble

RoyalRubble Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Tune in to a new Teen Titans Go! episode, tonight at 6:00PM ET on Cartoon Network!

[​IMG]
    Teen Titans Go! "Demon Prom"
    Episode Debut - November 10th, 2017

When Trigon forces Raven to attend her prom, she brings the rest of the Titans along with her to upset him.

Comments?

Mod Note: We appreciate and encourage discussion, but please keep your posts civil, relevant and insightful. Please do not post any improper or inflammatory material, as we will issue warnings if we believe it necessary. And remember to keep the discussion ON-TOPIC!

10. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

lmao, Robin took over another demon dimension.

That shot of Trigon gushing over Raven's prom dress was hilarious.

• Like Like x 1
  11. superkeegan9100

superkeegan9100 Well-known user and expert in cartoons

Next week's episode is called "Thanksgetting..."

Hey Teen Titans Go, Planet Sheen beat you to it.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Fone Bone

Fone Bone Matt Zimmer

Teen Titans Go! "Demon Prom"

I like that Demon Prom is dreary, and Raven invited Robin because he's embarrassing. "He's my date!" says everything.

Beast Boy asks the sandwich if it's vegan, and the sandwich says yes, so he eats it. Talk about a greenlight.

Loved Starfire letting lose a bag of kittens at the dance.

Love Trigon's glasses.

Cute episode. ****.

• Like Like x 1
    #232 Fone Bone, Nov 12, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 19, 2017 at 12:59 PM
  13. RoyalRubble

RoyalRubble Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Throne of Bones - Not much to say but it was a decent episode. The music wasn't all that bad and the showdown between Robin and that Heavy Metal demon was handled pretty well. I also kind of liked the new outfits the Titans had in this episode.

Demon Prom - Pretty funny stuff. The prom setting was nice, even with all those demons. I liked how Raven tried to annoy Trigon by bringing along the others. I'll admit I wasn't expecting that twist about what Prom Queen means. The ending with Robin was great.

14. RoyalRubble

RoyalRubble Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

[​IMG]
    Teen Titans Go! "Thanksgetting"
    Episode Debut - November 17th, 2017

Tired of the normal traditions, the Titans decide to create their own for Thanksgiving.

Comments?

• Like Like x 1
  15. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

Ha! Even TTG got a little political.

Raven was extra smooth with her sarcasm, lol.

I was expecting that Mr. Squishy Face octopus to randomly appear at the end and eat the Thanksgiving Turducken.

• Like Like x 2
  16. Fone Bone

Fone Bone Matt Zimmer

Teen Titans Go! "Thanksgetting"

I didn't have a strong reaction to that. So, Go Team Mediocrity!

The show is right about something: Thanksgiving IS the worst Holiday, as least as far as the biggies go, (and at least from a kids' perspective). New Years is similarly a waste for kids, but at least adults get to get drunk and party the night before. Unless your mother is a terrific cook, (and mine is not) Thanksgiving is the worst major holiday.

Can I just say how amazing Scott Menville is as a voice actor? Robin (and his Red Herring-style characters) have the most annoying voice ever, but this show proves he's got range. You can't tell Birdarang is him, and the Turkey sounds completely unlike the same person as Robin too. And his impression of the other Titans has stopped being offensive, and turned into accurate. When did this happen? And is that because of this show? Because I can't remember Mission Hill ever asking him to sing "Auld Lang Syne" in high falsetto, much less him being the kind of actor who could knock it out of the park.

Return of "Cranberry". Good joke. Also funny was The Green Dish With Almonds Weirdly In It saying "I have a condition!"

Robin thinks the President is doing a great job? I knew I hated him.

Average week. ***.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. RoyalRubble

RoyalRubble Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

That whole "getting into arguments about politics" tradition was pretty funny, especially Robin's contribution and its consequences.

I liked the new traditions the Titans came up with. The Thanksgiving Turkey was a decent opponent and his fight with Robin was neat. All in all, a pretty good episode.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Radical

Radical The Face of Evil & Epicness!!!!!

Thanksgetting was a great funny second Thanksgiving episode,

The other Teen Titans' reasons for hating Thanksgiving was great.
    Sarcastic Raven was so funny.
    The whole "getting into arguments about politics" tradition was funny.
    The other Teen Titans' own Thanksgiving holiday Thanksgetting was great.
    Cat costumed Starfire is SO CUTE, she loves cats like me, hahahaha:p.
    The other Teen Titans' own traditions was great/funny.
    Starfire calling out Robin's lousy behavior was awesome/funny, they know why Robin stinks, hehehe.
    The Thanksgiving Turkey, my next favorite great new funny minor villain after the Heavy Metal demon lord:D.
    The Teen Titans vs. The Thanksgiving Turkey was great/funny, the poor turkey, hehehe.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Gold Guy

Gold Guy Ride On
    Staff Member Moderator

I agree. Menville has been my favorite voice actor on the show. No matter how crazy the writers have Robin get, the actor always pulls it off. He's a jerk, but he's also the most fun character to watch thanks to the voice actor.

• Like Like x 2