"Teen Titans Go!" Season Four Talkback (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'The DC Comics Animation Forum' started by RoyalRubble, Oct 20, 2016.

?

Rate & Discuss this "Teen Titans Go!" Season

1. *****

2 vote(s)
    22.2%
  2. ****1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. ****

2 vote(s)
    22.2%
  4. ***1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. ***

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. **1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. **

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. *1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. *

1 vote(s)
    11.1%
  10. 1/2

4 vote(s)
    44.4%
  1. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

I didn't care for it. It was nice to see all the other superheroes that have guest starred in the series though.

I guess the irony was if all these competitors showed off their actual powers they would had a a shot at joining?

The promo was confusing but I guess they will replay this on Friday but with the results of the most favorite TT vote. They sort of made it sound like a totally different new episode.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Fone Bone

Fone Bone Matt Zimmer

Teen Titans Go! “Justice League’s Next Top Talent Idol Star, Part One”

I love that Batman is visibly embarrassed by Robin in front of Superman. As he should be.

Point: It’s hilarious that Starfire blows her nose with kittens.

Counterpoint: The trail of snot from the kitten’s stomach to her nose was disgusting.

I like that when Aquaman is nervous or excited, he squeezes the fish nearly to death. That sounds about right.

Funny episode. ****.

Teen Titans Go! “Justice League’s Next Top Talent Idol Star, Part Two”

I don’t remember EVER laughing as hard at this show in a previous moment as I did at Beast Boy’s “Milkman” audition. That was a legitimately funny scene.

The Dummy winning is a dumb ending, but it’s the best status quo ending they could do, (outside of handing the spot to B’wana Beast). It was not the worst possible scenario ever, and it was sort of funny in spite of itself.

Is it just me or is Birdarang super annoying? He keeps getting a bigger and bigger role, and he keeps getting more and more annoying in every appearance. Bring back Painbot! All I know is pain!

Yes, kids, Aquaman is useless. In Aquaman’s defense, at least he recognizes it.

Super high grade for the Beast Boy thing. ****1/2.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

On 2nd viewing of Pt 1, I noticed in the segment right before Starfire's interview, there's a cameo of Nuclear Man from Superman IV. He concentrates so hard, his hair is blown off his head. lol.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Radical

Radical The Face of Evil & Epicness!!!!!

I noticed his cameo, cool to finally see Nuclear Man animated next to General Zod, YAAAAAAAAY, my favorite awesome underrated supervillain:D.

A shame he didn't show up in Superman: The Animated Series, Justice League/Unlimited, or Batman: The Brave and the Bold though.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

In "TV Knight 2", during Birdarang's song, the cameos include El Diablo from DC Comics, King Kong, Dustin from "Stranger Things" Bill Murray's character Bob Wiley from "What about Bob". and Regan MacNeil from "Exorcist"

• Like Like x 1
  6. Gold Guy

Gold Guy Ride On
    Staff Member Moderator

Fun two-parter. Robin being manic never gets old, Raven's "drama" with her father was definitely something you'd see on an actual reality show, and Cyborg can actually sing.

The ending I saw coming a mile away. This show doesn't like to let Robin win.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

I wasn't surprised to see the Friday results of the fan favorite vote was Cyborg.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Fone Bone

Fone Bone Matt Zimmer

I would have picked Raven. By a longshot.

9. RoyalRubble

RoyalRubble Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

"TV Knight 2" - The Batman & Gordon slumber party segments were pretty funny. Alfred also played a bigger role than I expected. The actual Teen Titans segments were decent, there were some mildly amusing bits, but overall they just didn't really leave any impression on me.

"Justice Leauge's Next Top Talent Idol Star" - I liked the concept of the episode. The auditions could have been better (and funnier), but they weren't all that bad. I liked all the cameos from other characters. Robin's constant attempts at telling a tragic back-story got kind of annoying by the end. Seeing the most important members of the Justice League was cool, though it was odd not one of them had any lines here. The ending was kind of predictable, though.

10. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

At this point, I liken the JL to the adults in Peanuts. But like some have started to speculate, perhaps Batman will finally have a VA in the movie.

• Like Like x 1
  11. RoyalRubble

RoyalRubble Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Tune in to a new Teen Titans Go! episode, tonight at 6:00PM ET on Cartoon Network!

[​IMG]
    Teen Titans Go! "The Academy"
    Episode Debut - October 20th, 2017

Robin creates the Teen Titans Awards in an effort to get his teammates to clean up the Tower.

Comments?

Mod Note: We appreciate and encourage discussion, but please keep your posts civil, relevant and insightful. Please do not post any improper or inflammatory material, as we will issue warnings if we believe it necessary. And remember to keep the discussion ON-TOPIC!

12. Dudley

Dudley Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

ROFL during the Memorium segment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  13. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

Yeesh, a month of competition episodes. Birdarang is getting steady work as a host.

Thought it was pretty neat for Cyborg's Forrest Gump submission, he not only used the bench scene but the one with his friend talking about all the types of shrimp when they were in basic training. The Wonder Twins and Lord of the Rings homage were also nice surprises.

Yeah, that was pretty awesome. Surprised they included Krypto. Not talked about that much. But after watching that, I think I'm more glad YJ got renewed. lol.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Radical

Radical The Face of Evil & Epicness!!!!!

The Academy was pretty sweet/funny,

Stafire, Cyborg, Beast Boy, and Raven loving the award shows was so funny, hehehe.
    Poop being their dirty word, hehehe.
    The Back To The Future, E.T., Indiana Jones, and Forrest Gump references on the Teen Titans doing their chores was great/funny:p.
    Nice seeing the Tooth Fairy, Batman, Commissioner Gordon, Zan/Jana, and the Penguin.
    Robin the creep as usual to be a selfish glory hog to take advantage of it.
    The Academy statues, my favorite great new minor villains:D.
    The Teen Titans being movie characters was great.
    Cool seeing Teen Titans, Krypto the Superdog, Batman: The Brave And The Bold, and CGI Green Lantern: The Animated Series:D, but I'm glad Young Justice got renewed as well.
    The Teen Titans vs. the Academy was great.
    The Academy winning, sweet, love it when cool villains win after Gibbs/Professor Venomous.
    Love seeing Robin lose, pretty satisfying, serves him right, hehehe:D.

• Like Like x 1
    #214 Radical, Oct 21, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 27, 2017
  15. RoyalRubble

RoyalRubble Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

The montage of cancelled shows was the highlight of the episode for me. Kind of bittersweet but still pretty awesome. I figured there would be a mention of either the 2003 show or Young Justice in there (I wonder if the episode was finished after YJ was renewed).

The rest of the episode was pretty good - I liked the various movie parodies, and Robin fixing the awards so he could win was kind of predictable. The fight with the Academy at the end was decent.

16. M.O.D.O.K.

M.O.D.O.K. Scientist Supreme
    Staff Member Moderator

I was really amused by the montage. They even remembered Krypto the Superdog! Legion of Superheroes and Beware the Batman were big misses, though DC lately has been pretending that show never existed, so...

• Like Like x 1
  17. Gold Guy

Gold Guy Ride On
    Staff Member Moderator

The "In Memorium" segment caught me off-guard, but that was funny stuff.

A lot of shots taken at the Oscars, but I can't say I disagreed with Robin at all.

The final fight was pretty cool. Who knew that giant Oscar statues were so fast?

• Like Like x 1
  18. Fone Bone

Fone Bone Matt Zimmer

Teen Titans Go! "The Academy"

SO much fun.

I love how upset and into the arbitrary category the Titans were. Awards shows are so boring. And yet, you care who wins while you are watching them. My solution is to not watch them.

I love that the In Memorium was for canceled DC toons. I would have switched up Beware The Batman for Batman: The Brave And The Bold, because BATB got to go out on it's own terms. But this was probably the best timeslot and replay times CN ever gave for clips of Krypto The Superdog and Green Lantern: The Animated Series. I imagine this episode will be rerun more than CN actually bothered to promote those shows.

A winner of an episode. ****1/2.

• Like Like x 1
  19. RoyalRubble

RoyalRubble Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Tune in to a new Teen Titans Go! episode, tonight at 6:00PM ET on Cartoon Network!

[​IMG]
    Teen Titans Go! "Costume Contest"
    Episode Debut - October 27th, 2017

Tired of losing to the Hive Five every year, the Titans hatch a scheme to win the costume contest.

Comments?

Mod Note: We appreciate and encourage discussion, but please keep your posts civil, relevant and insightful. Please do not post any improper or inflammatory material, as we will issue warnings if we believe it necessary. And remember to keep the discussion ON-TOPIC!

20. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

Bit of a letdown for me compared to the past Halloween episodes. At least this appears to mark the end of the contest episodes with Birdarang and he presented a good lesson - two wrongs don't make a right.

EDIT: Robin's sketch of them as the Suicide Squad live action team was neat. TMNT nod. Hope that wasn't a human centipede nod. No diggity for Aqualad. Getting meta with Cy mocking Mammoth ahardly talking on the show, lmao. I think that was the first appearance of Blue Devil. Ravager wearing a Slade mask was awesome.

The one next to Zox, I can't place -- maybe a Hanna Barbera character?

• Like Like x 1
    #220 Yojimbo, Oct 27, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 28, 2017