1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Just in time for Halloween, enter for a chance to win a $50 Gift Card from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

Teen Titans Go! "Operation Dude Rescue, Parts 1-2" Talkback (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'The DC Comics Animation Forum' started by RoyalRubble, May 30, 2016.

?

Rate & Discuss this Teen Titans Go episode!

1. *****

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. ****1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. ****

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. ***1/2

2 vote(s)
    50.0%
  5. ***

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. **1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. **

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. *1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. *

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. 1/2

2 vote(s)
    50.0%
  1. RoyalRubble

RoyalRubble Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Tune in to a new, two-part Teen Titans Go! episode, tonight at 6:30PM ET on Cartoon Network!

[​IMG]
    Teen Titans Go!
    Episode Debut - May 30th, 2016
    Written by: Ben Gruber
    Directed by: Noel Belknap (Part 1) and Peter Rida Michail (Part 2)

"Operation Dude Rescue: Part 1"
    The male Titans are captured and Starfire and Raven try to rescue them.

"Operation Dude Rescue: Part 2"
    The female heroes unite to rescue the guys from The Brain.

Comments?

Mod Note: We appreciate and encourage discussion, but please keep your posts civil, relevant and insightful. Please do not post any improper or inflammatory material, as we will issue warnings if we believe it necessary. And remember to keep the discussion ON-TOPIC!

#1 RoyalRubble, May 30, 2016
    Last edited: May 30, 2016
  2. zoombie

zoombie Well-Known Member

So this is another one of those girls have to overcome sexism trope that we have seen too much of, though a new take on the guys being just too polite.

This does remind me of the original series episode "Switched" which is one of my favorite episode in which the boys are taking out of the fight, and the girls have to save the day.

Great to see Jynx, Terra, and Ravager, always wanted to see Ravager and Terra, I always Slade's desire for a apprentice was to feel the void left by his children who are either dead or estranged. So Terra she was Ravager's replacement, but that is a different show with a different canon.

In the end the girls had a great and saved the day, no thanks to the boys. Though I have to admit the time machine joke was funny, but it did drag on to long.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

I enjoyed this two parter. The Girl's Night episodes are always pretty entertaining anyway.

Raven's infographic of tucking the guys in and telling them they're dumb cracked me up. As did the end of part 1 and Jinx's love of milkshakes.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Radical

Radical The Face of Evil & Epicness!!!!!

Season 3 episodes 35/36 were fantastic/funny, another awesome 2-parter that I love,

Robin, Cyborg, and Beast Boy being obnoxious with their politeness/chivalry was funny, hahahahahaha.

Cool to see The Brain, I hope to see Slade pretty soon.

Starfire wanting to make fun of them after saving them, hahahahahaha:p.

Cool seeing both Jinx, Terra, and Ravager, Jinx so hilarious and Terra's vengeful evil roots was funny:D, awesome "girl power" begins, hehehe, I hope to see more of Blackfire/Kitten to join them further episodes.

Robin's terrible escape plans was so funny involving the time machine, nice seeing the funny elderly versions of Robin, Cyborg, and Beast Boy, Old Beast Boy looking like Yoda(epic hero), awesome.

The funny Part 1 ending.

Both Starfire, Jinx, Terra, and Ravager's chemistry was cute/funny.

Nice to see Nibor, yaaaaaay.

Starfire/Jinx/Terra/Ravager vs. The Brain was cool.

Starfire, Jinx, Terra, and Ravager leaving Robin/Cyborg/Beast Boy captured and their Girl's Night Out was great/funny, hahahahahaha:D, nice that both Terra/Ravager have a good ending.

I hope to see Jericho show up soon.

• Like Like x 2
    #4 Radical, May 31, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 10, 2016
  5. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

I watched it again, surprisingly, and this time around- the rat Robin and Robin scene cracked me up. Forget the Gouda!

• Like Like x 2
  6. RoyalRubble

RoyalRubble Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Fun two-part adventure. I think the pacing was better this time than in the last two-parter. Having another Girl's Night was cool. Lots of nice gags, like Raven and Ravager interacting, Jinx and her milkshakes, or Terra's plans for revenge which didn't seem suspicious at all.

The guys getting trapped by the Brain did lead to some amusing stuff as well. Robin's escape plan was funny, and I liked how ridiculous it got by the end. Older versions of them, their ghosts, reincarnated animals, cavemen, etc. all thanks to time travel. Pretty hilarious stuff, overall.

• Like Like x 1
  7. zoombie

I know we probably never going to get Slade, but I hope we get to see Jericho. My idea for an episode, is Raven and Ravager are hanging out again, but Ravager has to watch her brother Jericho who she call lame, and she teases and pranks and picks on him. The male titans decide to watch him, and they end up pulling pranks on him, taking advantage of his abilities, and treat him like Ravager treated him earlier, but when Ravager she gets mad, she says I can pick on my brother because he is family, but people out side of the family picking on my brother, not cool. And the titans learn a lesson about family.

8. Master Toon

Master Toon Active Member

If CN is trying to be progressive with same sex pairings, why won't they let Reven and Rose share a kiss or a romantic moment? This is the only pairing (straight or gay) that I would actually be behind, but noooooooooo. *ahem* Anyway, I thought this was a pretty good episode. Perhaps one of my favorites. I know that this is a stretch, but I think thst Jynx should turn into a good guy on this series. Think about it, she's friends with Raven and Starfire and she's Cyborg's girlfriend, and she doesn't seem to be a bad person, just a little micheavious. Why not? And before anyone says that TTG has no continuity, keep in mind that Raven, Aqualad, Beast Boy, and Terra's love square (like a love triangle but with another side) has remained intact. So someone turning good can definitely be done.

9. zoombie

I know how you feel, I was disappointed in the St. Patrick's Day episode when one of the Leprechauns was confirmed to be female.

As for Jinx turning good, the problem is this show has no continuity, so it doesn't mater, no consequences for each episode's actions, everything resets next week. So I don't know how you get that done. Besides in my mind, the H.IV.E. been closer to being good guys than the Titans who are for the most part bullies.

10. disneyphilip

disneyphilip Member

True. However, that love square has already fizzled, as of "Rocks and Water", and Beast Boy and Raven are pretty much already an item (Beast Boy is even going to sing a "BBRAE" love song to Raven in an upcoming episode, as confirmed by Greg Cipes).

Actually, Master Toon is right. Even though continuity is often non-existent in TTG, it does have some continuity here and there with plot threads, themes, arcs and whatnot that do tend to get carried over to later episodes, like the Beast Boy/Raven romance, Cyborg dating Jynx, Robin trying to win Starfire's affections, Lady Legasus, references to past episodes being thrown in on a recurring basis, etc.

Yeah, but that's actually a rarity. The HIVE is evil most of the time.

Also, the mean-spirited sides and bully-like aspects of the Titans seem to have been toned down in more recent episodes, especially the ones that have aired after "The True Meaning of Christmas".

Mod Note: Double Post Merged. Please use the multi-quote option, or edit your initial post instead of posting twice or more in a row.

#10 disneyphilip, May 31, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: May 31, 2016
  11. ShadowBlinky

ShadowBlinky Never A Good Bot

The first episode had such a beautiful score at the beginning. :)

12. Action!

Action! Active Member

Good episode. 8.5/10
    I liked the time machine part.

13. fsaenz0125

fsaenz0125 Active Member

I didn't liked this special too much. Felt like a longer rehashed version Girls Night, Brian (the episode), Boys vs Girls, which were all meh episodes except the first one. The first special that guest starred Weird Al was much better. 2.5/10