Separate names with a comma.
Discussion in 'The DC Comics Animation Forum' started by Yojimbo, Jan 14, 2016.
That's pretty cool. Though personally I'm rooting for Marvel's Rocket & Groot to win.
Here's another Teen Titans GO! The Night Begins to Shine also known as: The Day The Night Stopped Beginning to Shine and Became Dark Even Though it was the Day 4-Night Special Event Promo
7/19: I wonder if that's the same dragon from that "Riding the Dragon" episode in season 3.
Amazon US now has the Season 4 Part 1 DVD up, no preorders being taken yet but the September 12 date holds and it's subtitle is Recess is Over. Cover art looks to be inspired by "Fish Water"
7/20: ComicBook.com has an interview.
I honestly don't understand all the hate this show receives
It's actually pretty good!
I think that some folks would be less hostile towards TTG! if it was more of its own thing and less of a semi-continuation of the previous show.
This show would be alot Better if it was done by TEamFourStar
Syfy Wire has some excerpts from the Comic-Con interviews with Aaron Horvath & Peter Rida Michail, and Greg Cipes. They mainly talk about the 4-Part "Night Begins to Shine" special.
I haven't watched it yet but I think this is the entirety of the panel
Some of the stuff from the panel:
- Peter Rida Michail found "The Night Begins to Shine"; it reminded them of "You Got the Touch" from the Transformers movie.
- Tara Strong met Pete from Fall Out Boy on a plane and learned he's a fan of the show.
- In the last part of the Special, Fall Out Boy turns into Fall Out Bot. This last segment is basically a music video with vasrious artists covering the song, including HiHi Puffy Ami Yumi.
- They talk about the upcoming 200th episode where the Titans end up in the real world and the cast and crew will appear as themselves in animated form. Scott Menville jokes that Hynden Walch didn't know how to voice herself for that episode.
- Tara Strong's favorite episode to record was the one with Lady Legasus. One of Scott Menville's favorites was "The Best Robin". For Peter Rida Michail, the "Night Begins to Shine" Special (or one of its parts that was screened there). Aaron Horvath picks "Video Game References". Michael Jelenic picks the one teaching kids about investing in rental properties. Greg Cipes cites "BBRAE" as his favorite and starts singing the BBRAE song.
- Michael Jelenic mentions they like torturing Scott Menville, half of his script is him screaming. Most of his lines are all in capital letters and have exclamation points. He works the hardest out of the cast during recording sessions. Cipes adds he works the least, Tara Strong says it's a tie between the two of them.
- They mention there's a chance for the Titans to cross the multiverse and possibly meet other versions of the Titans. On the subject whether the Titans from the old show would win in a fight with the TTG versions, they mention they seem to be winning on the picture from the Comic-Con bags.
- A fan asks if they would do an episode with Joker, voiced by Mark Hamil. They wonder if Hamil would do a show for them, Tara Strong using her Harley Quinn voice says he'll do whatever she tells him to do.
- They have plans for a big episode with Kid Flash, Speedy, Bumblebee and Aqualad. They don't have plans for Blue Beetle.
- Greg Cipes has an idea for an episode about the Titans attending Comic-Con; the producers refuse to do an episode like that.
Cool, can't wait to hear their take on the song.
That could a pretty funny episode.
Would be funny to see Titans East take on a full episode like in TT I think.
Clips and stills from next week's "The Night Begins to Shine" Special, posted by Ed Liu on Toon Zone:
Teen Titans: Fury Road
7/28: CN has a different minute, 23 sec clip, too
7/29: A five song soundtrack from the special is for sale.
For example, $4.99 on Amazon.
DC All Access has excerpts from the Comic-Con interviews about "The Night Begins to Shine". Starts at the 03:27 minutes mark:
Some more interviews from Comic-Con. I haven't listened to them yet.
The release date for the Season 4 Part 1 DVD on Amazon has changed from September 12 to October 24.
Zap2It lists a new episode, "Lication", for Friday September 1st at 6:00PM.
Here's the logline for "Lication"
So seems like another $ themed episode.
EDIT: And it appears there will be a new episode on Labor Day, September 4, too.
The Night Begins to Shine hit the Billboard charts a decade after its original release due to the special of the same name.
8/29: Zap2It has a few loglines and titles for September
Ones and Zeroes
8/31: io9 has two clips from "Lication"
Promo for the "Classic Titans" episode: