1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Just in time for Halloween, enter for a chance to win a $50 Gift Card from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

"Teen Titans Go!" News & Discussion Thread, Part 2 (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'The DC Comics Animation Forum' started by Yojimbo, Jan 14, 2016.

1. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

Check out the latest news and discussions centered around the comedic adventures of the Teen Titans!

Teen Titans Go!
    Thursdays 6 PM ET/PT on Cartoon Network

[​IMG]
    Previous News & Discussion Threads:
    Teen Titans Go! News & Discussion, Part 1 (Spoilers)

2. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

Synopsis for "Secret Garden"
    In response to my response to Spider Man's post in the past thread
    I think there's enough hints that season 3 will be another 52 episode season.

1) Episode about yoga

2) Episode about Robin teaching other Titans about rental properties

3) Episode almost all in Pig Latin.

4) Wants to do episode where future Titans go back in time and tell present selves to save for retirement.

5) Possible episode with Lauren Tom, Ashley Johnson, and Pam Adlon guest starring

6) Title leaked "Teen Titans Go Easter Holiday Classic"

7) Possible episode about college loans

EDIT: Another episode was on the CN app by mistake, "The Cruel Giggling Ghoul"

#2 Yojimbo, Jan 16, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 19, 2016
  3. dmxx116

dmxx116 Well-Known Member

4. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

Yup, that's from "Cruel Giggling Ghoul" and it's tentatively set for February 11.

5. NewYorkEagle

NewYorkEagle Member

6. ShadowBlinky

ShadowBlinky Never A Good Bot

So that's a total of 78 half-hours, which means there would actually be more episodes of this than of the original series. Wow.

7. dmxx116

dmxx116 Well-Known Member

8. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

2/10: Another clip I believe.
    http://www.comicbookresources.com/article/watch-lebron-james-guest-stars-new-teen-titans-go-clip

2/11: As a programming note, so far based on promos on television, Teen Titans Go! will premiere one or two new episodes back to back on Monday February 15 at 6-6:30 pm eastern as part of the Valentine's Day event. We're still awaiting word from PR if there's two or one but the names of the episodes appear to be "How Bout Some Support" and "Pyramid Scheme." The logline for "How Bout..." is

9. zoombie

zoombie Well-Known Member

So they are doing another Cyborg / Jinx episode which is fine with me, but are they ever to going to use Kid Flash as a love rival for Cyborg, I am have been waiting for that, it writes itself.

10. ShadowStar

ShadowStar Member

When are they going to use Wonder Girl? She was officially designed for the original series' tie-in comic, so there's no excuse.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

Someone should ask them that at the next convention since I don't think Jelenic or Horvath are on social media?

• Like Like x 1
  12. ShadowStar

ShadowStar Member

I would be happy to, but since I live in the UK I won't be able to; would someone be willing to ask the crew about Donna Troy on my behalf please, as Yojimbo has suggested? :)

• Like Like x 1
  13. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

So far there are two new episodes in March.

Thursday March 17 at 6:00 pm will be "Beast Boy's St. Patrick's Day Luck and it's Bad"
    and
    Friday March 25 time slot to be announced will be "The Teen Titans Go! Easter Holiday Classic"

Woof, two of the longest episode titles ever. The first one sounds potentially hilarious.

EDIT: The Season 3 Part 1 DVD is set for May 31 and is titled "Eat, Dance, Punch!"

#13 Yojimbo, Feb 27, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 29, 2016
  14. RoyalRubble

RoyalRubble Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

The DC Entertainment YouTube channel has a clip from "Beast Boy’s St. Patrick’s Day Luck and it’s Bad” and a short feature with Michael Jelenic and Aaron Horvath about their writing process for the show.

15. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

3/3: Ha ha, viking funeral pyre.

I'm not the least bit surprised on what the producers said about the writing process.

3/8: According to the March premiere thread in CN section, there will be another new episode, on Monday March 28 titled "Batman vs. Teen Titans: Dark Injustice" -- so probably a parody of Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice...

16. Gold Guy

Gold Guy Ride On
    Staff Member Moderator

Haha, very timely. Maybe Batman will finally get more than two lines. :p

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  17. RoyalRubble

RoyalRubble Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

As long as they don't pull the same trick they did with Slade and have the fight take place off-screen...

Personally, I hope we'll hear Batman laugh again, like he did in "The Cruel Giggling Ghoul". :p

18. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

WonderCon panel info

Teen Titans Go! Screening and Q&A
    Day: March 25
    Where: Room 408AB
    When: 6:00 – 7:00 p.m.
    Why go to just any old panel at WonderCon 2016 when you can GO! to the liveliest and most fun panel of the weekend! Warner Bros. Animation welcomes you to join producers Michael Jelenic and Aaron Horvath, along with voice actors Greg Cipes, Khary Payton,Scott Menville, Tara Strong and Hynden Walch, as they screen an all-new episode and answer your biggest questions on what’s in store for Robin, Beast Boy, Cyborg, Raven and Starfire.

19. Fafil

Fafil New Member

I haven't been keeping up with this show in a while, but from what I've seen there's still a good amount of haters. I used to believe the show had a Love it or Hate it following, but lately it feels like it's tilting more towards the hate side, at least when it comes to internet communities.

Although I haven't watched any newer episodes, I do like Teen Titans Go. The humor, although hit or miss, is almost always creative. The writers come up with the most unusual jokes that I can't help but smile. That's something that I have to give it credit for, since many comedy cartoons nowadays come up with jokes that are too cliche and overused. Johnny Test used to take as many time slots as TTG did, but the humor in Johnny Test was so cliched and bland that I much rather have TTG take up the slots.

The thing that worries me is that since I haven't watched the show in a while, the quality of the newer episodes could really have gone down, and that's whats possibly contributing the extra amount haters. Can those who are still keeping up with the show confirm this?

• Like Like x 2
  20. James Harvey

James Harvey The World's Finest
    Staff Member Administrator Moderator Reporter

Cartoon Network has provided loglines for two special upcoming episodes of Teen Titans Go!:

“#137 - The Teen Titans Go Easter Holiday Classic”
    Friday, March 25th, 2016 at 6pm (ET) on Cartoon Network
    The Easter Bunny is missing, and it's up to the Titans to find him before Easter is ruined.

“#135 - Batman vs. Teen Titans: Dark Injustice”
    Monday, March 28th, 2016 at 6pm (ET) on Cartoon Network
    The Titans try to outprank each other on April Fools' Day.

• Informative Informative x 1