1. View our list of the Top 10 Characters That Need a DC Animated Film. Click here.
    Dismiss Notice

"Teen Titans Go!" News & Discussion Thread, Part 1 (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'The DC Comics Animation Forum' started by James Harvey, Jun 8, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

2. Yippee Coyote

Yippee Coyote C L U C K W O R K Graphic Novelist

I don't know if it still is, as it was recently removed from my On Demand service, which is usually in sync with what is featured on the app. I was watching CN On Demand a few days ago and found the episode, but only the SD version was available (on my provider, the HD and SD Cartoon Network programs are on the same page). Needless to say, I started watching it, but then my On Demand service pulled the program when I was less than halfway through the episode. It was barely on there, perhaps for less than a day.

@James Harvey, not to nitpick, but only the first and last episodes mentioned on your last post had accurate descriptions. But I also noticed this error on my aforementioned On Demand service, so I assume this was a communication error. The episode "A Farce" had nothing to do with squirrels or cartoon violence, it was about a lawsuit against the Titans for property damage to Jump City. Is that associated description referencing a future episode, perhaps?

#482 Yippee Coyote, Oct 27, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 27, 2015
  3. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

Thank you for clarifying. How odd of it to be pulled.

I also noticed CN got that wrong and also initially they had the logline for "The Fourth Wall" as the log line for "40%, 40%, and 20%" and had nothing for "The Fourth Wall" for a while. I'll bet the 'squirrel' logline is for another episode. I think of the titles we know of that are yet to air, maybe the one titled "Squash and Stretch" or "Animals: It's Just a Word"

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. James Harvey

James Harvey The World's Finest
    Staff Member Administrator Moderator Reporter

These were the details that Cartoon Network provided me as part of their monthly programming highlights, a document given to the press and television services to promote upcoming network events. This isn't the first time, and likely not the last, the network has passed over mismatching loglines.

• Informative Informative x 1
  5. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

6. James Harvey

Cartoon Network has provided the following loglines for the November-debuting episodes of Teen Titans Go! Based on the details provided, some episode loglines may not accurately represent the actual episode. But also keep in mind these are details provided by Cartoon Network and are therefore considered official. Teen Titans Go! debuts new episodes Thursdays at 6pm (ET).

-Thursday, November 5: "Animals: It’s Just a Word" – (CN provided loglines for "A Farce", details to be provided at a later date)
    -Thursday, November 12: "BBB Day!" – It's Beast Boy's birthday! But will the other Titans remember?
    -Thursday, November 19: "Black Friday" – (details to be provided at a later date).
    -Thursday, November 26: "Two Parter: Part One" – The Titans visit the Hall of Justice to use the pool, but then decide to check out the inside.
    -Thursday, November 26: "Two Parter: Part Two" – The Titans must save the members of the Justice League from the clutches of the supervillain Darkseid.

#486 James Harvey, Nov 2, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 2, 2015
  7. Doguineta

Doguineta Active Member

Oh dang can't wait for the Darkseid special! That'll surely be fun.

8. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

I'm glad they are airing that Darkseid two parter on the same day. But on Thanksgiving Day?! Argh. Kind of dumb.

9. Gold Guy

Gold Guy Ride On
    Staff Member Moderator

Wow, I had assumed that the two parter would be the season finale. But yeah, glad that they're both airing together for once.

10. RoyalRubble

RoyalRubble Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

I see a lot of thought was put into the title for the two-parter... :p

I agree that it's nice they're airing both parts in the same night though.

11. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

December 3rd, 6 pm eastern, last episode of the year before the usual holiday hiatus, "The True Meaning of Christmas"

• Informative Informative x 1
  12. Greg91

Greg91 Member
    Reporter

Booyah! Another Christmas episode! I hope it's better than Second Christmas. That episode was amusing enough, but it was also a bit mean-spirited for the Titans (besides Robin) to trick Starfire. Looks like the second TTG! thread is coming up. How long did that take? :raven:

• Funny Funny x 1
  13. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

11/12:
    As a programming update for the 2 part "Two Parter", it seems it will be airing Wednesday November 25 from 6:30-7 pm eastern instead of the usual Thursday slot. Phew!

11/14: CN released two clips for Thursday's "Black Friday"

11/23: Two Clips for "Two Parter" and 15 images.

A third from CN. This is the opening up to the 3:51 mark of the episode. Clip 1 above is part of this one, too.

#493 Yojimbo, Nov 23, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 24, 2015
  14. James Harvey

"Weird Al Yankovic" will provide the voice of Darkseid in the upcoming two-part "Two-Parter" episode of Teen Titans Go!, airing tomorrow at 6:30pm (ET). Details are available here.

• Funny Funny x 1
  15. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

11/28: Synopsis from "The True Meaning of Christmas" is up on CN's site.
    The new Thursday promo is also on TV, so looks like the guest star is Santa Claus himself this time.

11/30: Clip and images for "The True Meaning of Christmas"

16. James Harvey

Details for episodes of Teen Titans Go! debuting in January 2016 can be found below. Teen Titans Go! airs Thursdays at 6pm (ET) on Cartoon Network:

Thursday, January 7
    "Squash and Stretch" - The Titans learn about cartoon-style violence in order to get revenge on a snack-stealing squirrel.

Thursday, January 14
    "Garage Sale" - Robin makes the other Titans sell their treasured mementos from past episodes.

Thursday, January 21
    "Secret Garden"
    No synopsis provided.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Gold Guy

Gold Guy Ride On
    Staff Member Moderator

The first episode sounds...familiar. Hopefully it doesn't feel like a retread.

18. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

1/3: It'll probably be like "Birds" or "Nature." I admit I also get deja vu with loglines a lot now with TTG!

1/6: 2 clips for tomorrow's "Squash & Stretch"

1/13: Clip and images for tomorrow's "Garage Sale"
    http://www.toonzone.net/2016/01/clip-garage-sale-for-teen-titans-go-on-january-14-2016/

Also, I saw the episode already and expect it to be very meta. Viewers should love the last segment, great homage.

19. Wonder Woman

Wonder Woman Well-Known Member

There have been a lot of meta episodes lately. It seems like something a show like this would do as it approaches the end of its run. Teen Titans Go! has been really solid and really enjoyable. I'm not surprised it's the top-rated series on CN so I doubt it'll be going away any time soon. When was the last episode order announced and are we into that group of episodes? How many confirmed episodes are left?

20. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

When it was announced for a season 3 on February 19, 2015, they never said how many episodes total. But "Garage Sale" is the 21st episode of season 3. When we see the March schedule, we'll have implied confirmation this a 52 episode season like season 1 and 2 or if the series ends in February. I'm pretty sure it's the former unfortunately.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.