Teen Titans Go! "Missing" Talkback (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'The DC Animation Forum' started by James Harvey, Mar 26, 2014.

?

Rate and Comment on this Episode!

1. *****

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. ****1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. ****

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. ***1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. ***

50.0%
  6. **1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. **

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. *1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. *

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. 1/2

50.0%
  1. James Harvey

James Harvey Administrator

An all-new Teen Titans Go! episode debuts tonight at 7:30pm (ET/PT) on Cartoon Network. Discuss it here!

[​IMG]
    Teen Titans Go!
    "Missing" airs Wednesday, March 26th, 2014 on Cartoon Network

Cyborg, Beast Boy and Robin return Silkie to Killer Moth to collect a cash reward. Starfire is devastated until she sees Killer Moth might love Silkie just as much as she does.

Comments?

2. zoombie

zoombie Active Member

So the Titans are likeable, while the villain is evil, didn't think I ever see that in this series. Okay the Ducktales that is cool, but I wonder if they had to clear that with Disney, at the very least they had to clear to use Scrooge McDuck's name.

And tallking Silkie is so adorable, too bad we know this is not going to be permanent. All and all a great episode.

My only complaint, no Kitten. I love the father / daughter moments between Killer Mouth and Kitten, it humanising them, maybe next time.

3. Anyone00

Anyone00 The Moltar-Snork

O.K. I was really not expecting an extended reference to a Disney property in a DC property, and then for Silkie to be Bubbles,and then thing to get all NeverEnding Story.

4. TheSkeletonMan93

TheSkeletonMan93 New Member

Huge improvement over the last few episodes. I actually enjoyed the Titan's company, rather than them being unlikable jerks.

5. Neo Ultra Mike

Neo Ultra Mike Creeping Shadow of 7000+ Posts

You know at first I was going to say it's kind of sad they couldn't get Killer Moth's original VA back. As I thought the idea was if the show was actually having them in a starring role and not just a one line or grunt or something they would bother actually getting the main VA back. Afterall, that's what they've done with nearly everyone else and thought the pattern would hold true here. Especially since it's obvious they're just doing a slightly modified version of Scott Menville's more dramatic voice. I still think they should of gotten someone else but actually yeah looking at it not surprised they didn't do that. The original voice of Killer moth in TT, Thomas Hyden Church has not only moved on to more meatier roles (to be fair I don't think anything as meaty as playing Sandman in Spider Man 3 but still) but had in fact done so during the original series as in Killen Mother's second appearance he was instead voiced by Marc Worden. So I guess if even the original series couldn't actually keep the voices straight it'd make sense this one couldn't either. I also like how they did try portraying a variation of his original Teen Titan character. The thing about Killer Moth is the guy TRIES being an intimitating and general malicious force but keeps getting brought down by having to either pretend to be emotional and having no idea how to go about that, or his terror being undercut by more pedestrian forces. Like trying to appease his daughter in "Date With Destiny" and arguing over Silkie in "Can I Keep Him". And hey props to this series for not only remembering Killer Moth originally bred Silkie (though honestly that wasn't explained well and if you didn't know that from the original series you probably wouldn't get what he was doing here) but actually remembering one of his original plans: transform Silkie into a super monster to conquer the city. Granted it didn't work but neither so in the original and at least this time Silkie didn't explode when transformed but instead turned into some super fly beast. Another thing I actually quite liked was the RavenStarfire little plot. I'm glad they gave that as much screentime as the stuff with the guys as well as not just have Star cry about Silkie and Raven be annoyed but Raven pointing out Silkie didn't love her the way she did and being proven wrong and actually apologizing for it. Granted this show can never and probably will never try for the emotion of the original but it does have the occasional actual sweet moment which I appreciate. Plus there were some actually really funny bits with the bath and feeding and adding to it seeing Star try that on Rav and then Killer Moth's version of the bath.

I have a feeling though if people talk about this episode it's going to be for it's references which yeah... quite surpirsed me. Seriously I know the writers are trying to pull things they more remembered from memory instead of just current things, but Ducktales and Never Ending Story? Didn't see those coming. But you know, they honestly fit well. Especially with how the guys were constantly quoting the intro and even the drawing in their head of Scrooge McDuck, and the way Star was cheering on giant silkie and the random narration at the end. It did feel a bit out there and I don't know how much they added to the joke but unlike say Family Guy or Robot Chicken they weren't trying to beat you in the head with it either, which I appreciated. So yeah honestly I think this one was a pretty strong episode. I didn't care as much for the beginning but once we got to Star and Rav and see Killer Moth and the three having their money it flowed well and liked how they had two plots going at the same time. Honestly a stronger episode then the last few and one that was able to maintain it's comedy and keep adding to it in a way that worked... for this kind of show anyway.

6. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.

I loved this version of Killer Moth. He was awesome. Favorite villain of the series for me. The "You're waiting for the reward aren't you?" and "I spent my life savings...I give up. I'm going to bed." scenes were hilarious.

7. Radical

Radical The Face of Evil & Sadism!!!!!

Awesome/funny episode and my next top favorite next to Girl's Night Out, Terra-ized, Artful Dodgers, Colors of Raven(The Raven clones were awesome/lovable), Second Christmas, Legs, Waffles(I love Brother Blood), Be Mine, Opposites, and In and Out(they were epic/enjoyable),

The highlights:
    Cool to see Aqualad, his Teen Titans/Go! design is so cool.
    Robin/Cyborg/Beast Boy wanting to return Silkie to Killer Moth for the reward, hehehe, they channel Daffy Duck/Mr. Eugene Krabs/Eddy on the greedy/selfishness, hahahahahaha, I don't mind Robin/Cyborg/Beast Boy being out of character becoming awful selfish jerkholes as much as it makes me laugh, but it can be a turn-off to some fans that don't like the show.
    Starfire's tongue bath on Silkie was sick/funny with Raven grossed out:ack::p, hahahahahahahaha.
    Cool to see Killer Moth, my top favorite awesome funny supervillain:D.
    Killer Moth's new voice is pretty epic, but in the original Teen Titans, Thomas Haden Church did him sweet.
    No Kitten appearance, rats, as much as Teen Titans Go!'s Kitten was awesome/likable, and less annoying in The Left Leg.
    Killer Moth's lines while Robin/Cyborg/Beast Boy waiting for the reward was funny/classic.
    Starfire licking on the back of Raven's hood was disturbingly funny, hahahahahaha.
    The moments with Starfire/Raven were sweet.
    The Scrooge Mc.Duck/Ducktales reference with Robin/Cyborg/Beast Boy was awesome/funny, hahahahahahaha.
    Starfire/Raven wanting to save Silkie.
    Giant Talking Silkie was SO CUTE with the Bubbles voice, go Tara Strong!!!!!
    The sweet NeverEnding Story reference ending with Starfire/Raven riding on Giant Talking Silkie, awesome:D.

Of course Silkie will be small the next episodes, hehehe.
    Nice references to my favorite classic cartoon and favorite epic fantasy movie from my childhood.
    After enjoying Terra, Brother Blood, the Evil Anger Raven clone, and Killer Moth, I can't wait for Deathstroke/Slade and Blackfire for season 2, along with the other epic supervillains Mumbo Jumbo, Puppet King, Mad Mod, Trident, Warp, more of Control Freak after his cameo, Johnny Rancid, Red X 2, Professor Chang, Katarou, Atlas, Adonis, Val-Yor, Psimon, and Cheshire coming soon.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 28, 2014
  8. RoyalRubble

RoyalRubble Atom Ant... Man Staff Member

I haven't really followed this show, but I wanted to check this episode out to see their take on Killer Moth. He was pretty cool here, and I think he fit in with the rest of the characters and tone of the show rather well. Liked how easily his army of bugs got defeated by the heroes (even if they were most likely completely unaware they saved the world), and how he just gives up in the end after being foiled again.

There was some pretty funny stuff going on here, with the Scrooge McDuck/DuckTales montage being the most unexpected bit. It went on a little too long, but it worked out pretty well, though it didn't really add anything to the episode. Silkie was nice I guess though I was never a big fan of the character, and his talking powers were kind of cute. Fun way to end the episode, spoofing The NeverEnding Story (believe it or not, I don't think I ever watched this movie in its entirety - but I still have an idea on most of the stuff going on in the movie to spot a parody or something, like here). It's kind of weird but from all the stuff that was seen here the funniest part for me was probably the fake title card for "The Heist", it was just so random.

9. Dudley

Dudley Moderator

Friggin' love the Ducktales reference and Silkie gaining a voice.
    Ya know what I love about this show? Is that you can tell the staff is having a blast working on this, and I'm glad to hear kids are enjoying this show as well.

10. kid rabbit

kid rabbit Active Member

why are most of the titans such a-holes in this show robin would never do that to starfire

11. Gold Guy

Gold Guy This ain't Pokemon!

Not a fan of this episode, for the most part, but I LOVED the Duck Tales references!

12. metaXzero

metaXzero New Member

For the humor obviously. The folks behind the show seem to really like the Titans being inconsiderate.to each other.

Really enjoyed this episode. Killer Moth's personality, Bubbles Silke, and that whole Ducktales shoutout was very lovely.