1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Just in time for Halloween, enter for a chance to win a $50 Gift Card from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

Teen Titans Go! "Batman vs. Teen Titans: Dark Injustice" Talkback (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'The DC Comics Animation Forum' started by James Harvey, Mar 28, 2016.

?

Rate and Comment on this episode of "Teen Titans Go!"

1. *****

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. ****1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. ****

1 vote(s)
    20.0%
  4. ***1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. ***

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. **1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. **

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. *1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. *

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. 1/2

4 vote(s)
    80.0%
  1. James Harvey

James Harvey The World's Finest
    Staff Member Administrator Moderator Reporter

Catch a special episode of Teen Titans Go! tonight at 6:00pm (ET) on Cartoon Network! Check it out!

[​IMG]
    Teen Titans Go!
    "#135 - Batman vs. Teen Titans: Dark Injustice"

Monday, March 28th, 2016 at 6pm (ET) on Cartoon Network
    The Titans try to outprank each other on April Fools' Day.

Comments?

2. digiblader1

digiblader1 Member

Not funny and really, at the end there, we all hoped this series would end.. and where the heck is Batman?? This title is misleading.. all it was was the Teen Titans fooling around the entire episode..

3. JThree

JThree Member

that had to be the least entertaining episode I have ever seen. Early on Raven was right concerning the mean spiritness of the pranks,but than you realized the show was pranking a certain niche of its audience.

The title itself, "Batman vs the Teen Titans," itself was a prank on the fans who were expecting the Darknight Detective to show up.

Something is going on with the writers. I wish I could understand what was going on in their heads (or maybe I don't).

Does anyone else have any comments? Please tell me I'm not alone.

Jthree

4. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

Another terrible, pointless episode. And like the "The Return of Slade," the title character never appears. But at least, he was off screen. Batman had not part at all, in mention or appearance. The title, yes, was a prank on the audience. It's just the Titans being jerks to each other and "pranking" the audience again at the end. The execution was flat. Since we're out of holidays for the time being, hopefully the next episodes should be slightly better...

5. Zest Machine

Zest Machine New Member

About this seasons writers...

Ben Gruber (21 episodes)- head writer of Superjail!

H. Caldwell Tanner (5 episodes)- writer for CollegeHumor

I like Tanner's episodes better. They're just as silly, but they just seem to have a little bit more to them then the other guy. I'm really disappointed there's not a lot of variety in the writing this season. Maybe thats why its just kinda lagging. Season 2's writing was a lot funnier:

Ben Joseph- writer for Wander Over Yonder

John Loy- wrote almost every Land Before Time direct to DVD sequel (I'm not kidding)

(Gruber and Tanner wrote for that season too)

The creator written episodes aren't bad either. They actually tend to stand out among the rest :)

Also, the writers have to come up with new idea every few days, so its no wonder they put the first silly idea they think of down on paper. I actually applaud the Pyramid Scheme episode, that is admittedly a situation I would have probably put the Titans into. Loved the action sequence that came out of that episode.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    #5 Zest Machine, Mar 29, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 29, 2016
  6. RoyalRubble

RoyalRubble Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Disappointing episode. I guess I could overlook the fact Batman didn't even show up but the pranks weren't all that funny either. More like mean-spirited and the ending prank to the audience was predictable (though I did kind of like the cameos of Nightwing, and Cyborg's new armor).