1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice

Teen Titans Go! "A Farce" Talkback (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'The DC Comics Animation Forum' started by James Harvey, Oct 23, 2015.

?

Rate and Comment on this episode of "Teen Titans Go!"

1. *****

1 vote(s)
    33.3%
  2. ****1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. ****

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. ***1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. ***

1 vote(s)
    33.3%
  6. **1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. **

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. *1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. *

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. 1/2

1 vote(s)
    33.3%
  1. James Harvey

James Harvey The World's Finest
    Staff Member Administrator Moderator Reporter

This long national nightmare is over! The week of new Teen Titans Go! episodes concludes tonight at 6:00pm (ET) on Cartoon Network!

[​IMG]
    Teen Titans Go!
    "The Farce" airs Friday, October 23rd, 2015 on Cartoon Network
    Brother Blood takes the Titans to trial for their recent destruction of Jump City.

Comments?

2. tuatara1

tuatara1 Member

...An extended My Cousin Vinny reference? Huh.

3. validating

validating PUT SOME BUTTER ON IT

Great episode! Hilarious and that My Cousin Vinny reference at the end had me rolling.

4. Neo Ultra Mike

Neo Ultra Mike Creeping Shadow of "15000"+ Posts

Okay now see THIS is an episode that though doesn't make me hate the show, makes me annoyed by it's popularity and the fact people defend everything it does as this was a rather bad episode. Honestly the premise of this one actually was interesting: the idea that the Titans were being put on trial for all the property damage they cause. This could of had some very good satire at say stuff like Man of Steel or just general super hero movies or shows that showcase such actions or it could of mocked more the overdone fights or played up more the fact the Titans were more dangerous and evil then the supposed villains. Or at the very least could of had one of those villains have the heroes in a bind sort of bits but... no they didn't go that route. Instead they played it up for a bunch of obvious, overly forced or just out of nowhere jokes that aren't funny. Seriously the "Robin tries asking Starfire if she loves him/Cyborg asking for food when Brain says order/ The Titans being judged as guilty" were such obvious jokes you knew were coming that it made you fail to laugh at them. Yes sometimes in comedy just the set up of a moment is worth it and makes you laugh even if you know the pay off but... not with these kind of jokes that either have to be delievered a lot faster, have to be written a lot better or honestly have to be turned on their side to really work. I admit the ending bit with Robin and Raven I didn't see coming but... I didn't laugh at either. I never saw My Cousin Vnnie but I knew it was a reference to... something. But I was just wondering what it was rather then laughing at it as Tara Strong didn't play up enough of an accent for that alone to be amusing and honestly you either need to have context to that sort of thing, or make it stand up on it's own. Neither of which was the case here. Seriously I guess I liked the Titans throwing things at Brother Blood and him dodging but... that was the only thing I really came close to laughing at. Otherwise this is a really really weak episode. Maybe if we saw at the end the Titans being offed and then everyone partying and the city being better that at least be a darkly humorous twist but... as is this is just weak and a sign that though the staff can do better, the fact they think this is acceptable shows how low their bar is set.

5. RoyalRubble

RoyalRubble Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

The idea of heroes being put on trial has been done in other shows over the years, and I wasn't really expecting a serious take on it from this show. There were a few laughs, like Robin interrogating Starfire, Mallah electrocuting Cyborg and Beast Boy, or Robin's fantasy about how he saved the others. The ending was predictable though kind of abrupt.

6. Gold Guy

Gold Guy Ride On
    Staff Member Moderator

Robin's montage at the end had me going. He was so sure that he had just saved their lives, but nope. I don't think he's quite as convincing as he thinks he is...

7. Radical

Radical The Face of Evil & Epicness!!!!!

Great/hilarious episode and my favorite,

The highlights:

Cool seeing Brother Blood/The Brain.

Brother Blood calling out the Titans being dangerous/destructive was awesome, well the Titans were cruel/sociopathic scumbags.

Robin interrogating Starfire was hilarious, hahahahahaha:p.

Mallah shocking Beast Boy/Cyborg was hilarious, hahahahahahaha.

Disappointing that the H.I.V.E.: Gizmo/Mammoth/Jinx/Billy Numerous/See-More didn't show up, rats.

My Cousin Vinny reference ending, sweet, Brother Blood winning offing the Titans in the ending, sweet, finally Brother Blood wins, yaaaaaaaay.