1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Just in time for Halloween, enter for a chance to win a $50 Gift Card from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

Teen Titans Go! "40%, 40%, 20%" Talkback (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'The DC Comics Animation Forum' started by James Harvey, Oct 21, 2015.

?

"Teen Titans Go!" - Rate and Discuss this Episode! (Rate AFTER watching the episode, please)

1. *****

2 vote(s)
    40.0%
  2. ****1/2

1 vote(s)
    20.0%
  3. ****

1 vote(s)
    20.0%
  4. ***1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. ***

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. **1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. **

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. *1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. *

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. 1/2

1 vote(s)
    20.0%
  1. James Harvey

James Harvey The World's Finest
    Staff Member Administrator Moderator Reporter

The week of new Teen Titans Go! episodes continues tonight at 6:00pm (ET) on Cartoon Network! Your new favorite show!

[​IMG]
    Teen Titans Go!
    "40%, 40%, 20%" airs Tuesday, October 21st, 2015 on Cartoon Network
    Cyborg’s real strength comes not from his robot parts, but from his favorite song.

Comments?

2. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

So that happened... Yeah.

Mallah slapping Cyborg in the face was amusing.

3. Peter Paltridge

Peter Paltridge Knows about rock people
    Staff Member Moderator

No show that has an episode like this can be called an abomination by anyone. You ask why people care about 80's pop culture so much; everything is summed up here.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Dudley

Dudley Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Another show on Cartoon Network references a show not owned by Time Warner. This is a trend that I like!
    Was that an actual song from the 80s?

5. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

• Like Like x 1
  6. Peter Paltridge

Peter Paltridge Knows about rock people
    Staff Member Moderator

7. RoyalRubble

RoyalRubble Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

This was a pretty bizarre episode but I thought it was fun. Cyborg's song was pretty cool and I liked the designs of the characters while inside the music reality. The Optimus Prime allusion was a nice surprise. I wasn't expecting them to follow up on it at the end. For me the funniest part was probably that crazy bird using the song as inspiration to build its nest.

8. SaneMan

SaneMan Well-Known Member

This was a pretty good episode all things considered
    loved the alternate art-style they went with, and the story itself was actually pretty nice as well

Makes sense, seeing how Cartoon Network actually airs Transformers at the moment

9. Xxerox

Xxerox Member

This is the thing i like. How awesome the 80's animations would look with today's tehnology. The 80's music is also awesome. It is so cool. Cyberpunk ..... you just have to love the style.

10. validating

validating PUT SOME BUTTER ON IT

This episode is awesome. One of my favorites in the series.

11. Neo Ultra Mike

Neo Ultra Mike Creeping Shadow of "15000"+ Posts

I think episodes like this remind me of the potential of Teen Titans Go. The reason I feel it is the weakest CN "original" series running isn't because it's incapable of good episodes, but that it doesn't deliver them so often even though it could. And honestly episodes like this aren't so memorable for the jokes or wit in them but rather the mood of them. Yes it's amusing seeing the 80's esque Titans and Cyborg struggling to do anything without his song but honestly it's the mood and even the message of this one that I think works. Granted the message feels like another "screw what people want: this is what I have and I enjoy it and that's what works for me" sort of thing but I guess if that's the general tone of the show it's fine and honestly it does actually feel something even in line with the original show. More importantly though I enjoy the feel of this one. For this show there's some impressive animation bits of Cyborg going along and confronting the obstacles outside and defeating Mallah and the Brain were good bits. And you know I actually really like the 80's dance pop song they picked. Personally I'm probably not the biggest fan of tunes from the 80's but there are quite a few of them I enjoy and yeah it's pretty obvious this was a song from that period as it feels too geunine and too "of it's time" to try and be replicated nowadays. It's a pretty obscure one as I haven't found anyone who actually has it but it's one I would listen to the full song of quite a bit as it really gives the episode a nice feel. And you know I like that this isn't the first time we've seen that song either as I believe it was also used in "Slumber Party" so though obviously Cy hasn't been using it constantly it has been brought up before. So yeah again solid good feeling episode that makes me wish we had more of this or even "The Fourth Wall" which had good jokes and references in it and less of the show when it can't deliver a message it's trying to say ("Let's Get Serious") or being overly stupid in a non amusing way ("A Cat's Fancy").

12. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

#12 Yojimbo, Nov 5, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 24, 2015
  13. ShadowBlinky

ShadowBlinky Never A Good Bot

Wow, I just checked that out yesterday!:)