1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Just in time for Halloween, enter for a chance to win a $50 Gift Card from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

Teen Titans Fan Fiction Teen Titans: Evaporation

Discussion in 'The Story Board' started by Crowgirl, Mar 26, 2005.

?

Which would you be most interested in?

Poll closed May 9, 2005.
  1. One of the Titans, under mysterious circumstances, lands in jail with a good chance of being there f

58.8%
  2. To figure out the identities of thieves who keep robbing banks nightly, one of the six goes undercov

41.2%
  1. Crowgirl

Crowgirl Active Member

Okay, as promised, this is my new fic. Teen Titans: Evaporation. It's more of a mystery-romance genre. Yes, there are a couple of action scenes in this, some emotion stuff as well, but it's really more of a pick-up-the-clues-along-the-way read, so you're better off reading it carefully.

And before anybody asks, yes, Crow is in here, but only as a minor character. The story centers around Raven this time, and there's a good reason for it. But Crow isn't going to be seen all that much (You'll find out why eventually), but I'm pretty sure you'll be happy with the main cast. I've got some rarely seen characters and *gasp* a new one.

Disclaimer: I obviously do not own any of the Teen Titans (If I did, this would be an episode instead). I also came up with the ideas used in here on my own, not based of any episodes, stories, or comics. Any coincedence is accidental (Unless I say I've quoted something).

Gah, now I'm just rambling on to fill this empty space before the chapter of my third great read. But I'd like to wish a happy birthday to NightMare, whose age is changing tomorrow!
    They say the third time is the charm, so here goes. The start of Teen Titans: Evaporation.

“Things change, Mr. Crane, things change. You will witness that tonight. Bring the two thieves to me and that will be the start. Come to the tower and I will show you something that will change your mind forever.” Demurral stared into Jacob Crane’s eyes. “You were right in what you said; the blood of those who stand in your way can often bring you all that your heart desires. It has been said that the man who loves his life will lose it and the man that hates his life in this world will keep it forever.” He paused; It was an unpleasant silence. “Do you love your life, Mr. Crane?

-Shadowmancer, G.P. Taylor​

Chapter 1- Choke

It didn’t really sink in until fifteen seconds after they saw it oozing up the street. Its groans and howls were enough to send any tourist running for their parents, but not the natives. They were used to the blob of burgundy goo stomping through football fields and streets, drinking all the sewer water it could find. Today, the giant zit was merely looking for more food, or to us, a sewage plant.

The group of people sitting at the pizza booth had previously been discussing the pizza they were about to order, but now they were completely silent. The menus in their hands were slipping out of them, and from a distance, they all looked dazed. No sarcastic comment, catch praise, or whisper emitted from the lips of any members of the group. They had all seen him before, most of them in real life (One only in pictures), yet they still were awed by his looks.

It was one of the three girls at the booth, the one that had only seen pictures of him, that made the first comment. Staring intently at the goo that was somewhat in the shape of a person, she spoke calmly and clearly.

That,” Crow began, enunciating each syllable, “Is the second ugliest thing I have ever seen.”

The rest of the titans shifted their gaze to her. “Erm,” Robin- leader of the group, the Teen Titans- said, “What was the first?”

“I’m saving the spot for when I see it,” Crow responded, gazing past all of them, “And he is real close.”

“Titans,” Robin spoke fearlessly, ending the conversation, “Go!”

Robin and Crow both rose from the table, along with four other figures. Starfire, the Tamaraian Princess, Cyborg, the cybernetic teen, Beast Boy, a green-skinned shape-shifter, and Raven, the gothic telekinetic. All six of them were circled around Plasmus in a matter of seconds.

“Titan-.” Robin started to shout, but Crow interrupted him.

“Robin, we heard it once, we don’t need to hear it again.”

Whatever.”

With that, they all sprang into action.

Robin, Cyborg, Beast Boy, and Starfire all launched into immediate attacks. With a girly yell, Starfire hurled five starbolts at Plasmus, each landing directly in his chest. The lime green bolts formed basketball sized holes in Plasmus’ chest, but with a gulp of air, it was as if they hadn’t even been there.

Cyborg was next. His sonic cannon emitted an electric blue blast, and it too made a hole in Plasmus, but Cyborg’s aim was slightly off and the beam landed in Plasmus’ arm. The hole was so large the arm fell right off onto the pavement. The blob of burgundy ooze sat there for a moment, then twisted itself into a whole other creature, complete with four legs, a spindly tail, and a large trunk that took the place of a nose and mouth. The whole creature was about the size of a rhino.

“Crow, Raven!” Robin shouted to the females who were waiting, poised to launch an attack, “Take the smaller one, we’ll handle Plasmus!”

The two girls gave each other a glance, then Raven’s eyes stopped glowing white, and Crow dropped the rocks floating behind her (except for the one she was hovering on). Both girls said nothing to each other, they only zoomed towards the scorpion like creature.

Raven and Crow weren’t that different. They both kept to themselves and used sarcasm, among other similarities. The thing was, the bond of trust between them wasn’t that strong. They weren’t close, they didn’t talk much, and each girl didn’t see much of the other when inside the Tower.

“Azarath, Metrion, Zinthos!” Raven shouted as her energy enveloped a lamppost, which was torn from the ground and wrapped around the mini monster. Crow spun around, her arms outstretched, her hands covered in a golden light. Five sharp pieces of pavement soared towards the creature. Two in each front leg, and one in the trunk.

“Rock on!” Crow said with delight. Raven merely stared at her, and Crow realized what pun she had accidentally created.

“Whatev-.” Raven was cut off by a piece of pavement covered in goo that had been shot from the trunk of the creature that had hit Raven in the chest. Crow jumped and her hand emitted a lightning bolt that zapped the creature. Over her time with the Titans, Crow had gotten more used to using her powers in battles and not relying on her hand to hand combat.

Raven shook on the goo that covered the hood of her cloak. Raven raised her hands and shouted her ordinary magic words, “Azarath Metrion Zinthos!”

Two nearby mailboxes on opposite sides of the battle field zoomed over to the creature and drove into its back. It emitted a loud screech and collapsed onto the ground, unmoving.

Raven stood up, coughing up some ooze. Taking a look around, Raven noticed that the creature had seemed to give up. It laid there on the ground like Beast Boy’s dirty laundry that nobody dared to touch, afraid of intoxication. She glanced over at the other four, who were having some luck with defeating Plasmus. Starbolts, sonic beams, freeze disks, and claws were barraging into the giant zit one after the other, and yet Plasmus seemed invincible to all of them. “C’mon!” She shouted to Crow, “They need our help!”

“Comi-.” This time it was Crow who was cut of by a large mass of ooze that had been shot from the creature’s trunk. She flew through the air and landed a few feet from Raven. Crow wiped a small glob of goo out of her eyes.

“Ew.”

Raven gasped at she twisted her head to see what the creature had done, only to be greeting by a handful of ooze that smacked her in the face. She was extremely lucky she had shut her eyes in time.

But she hadn’t shut her mouth.

A finger sized amount of goo traveled to the back of her mouth and down her throat. The goo just stuck there, halfway down, wriggling around. It may have been separated from both creatures, but it was still ‘alive’.

Raven staggered, hands clutching her throat. Crow glanced over, eyes wide. “Raven? Raven!”

Crow ran over as Raven’s knees buckled and she sunk. Crow put up a rock barrier, protecting the two Titans from any incoming blobs of ooze. “Robin!” She bellowed to get their leader’s attention. He stopped throwing disks and listened to Crow. “Raven swallowed some of the goo, she’s choking! I’ve got to get her back to the Tower!”

Robin nodded his head wildly, “Go now! We can’t lose her!”

Raven wheezed. Her vision was fading in and out. Her heart’s pulse slowed. She couldn’t hear right. Her lips were moving up and down but the only sound coming out was a raspy cough. She felt light-headed as Crow caused a large piece of earth to fly into the sky, above the streets and buildings, and to Titans Tower.

“Don’t worry Raven, don’t worry,” Crow said calmly, “Relax. It’s going to be fine. We’ll get you to the infirmary and you’ll live. I won’t let you die.”

Raven collapsed from lack of air, unconscious.

“I promise.”

#1 Crowgirl, Mar 26, 2005
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 26, 2005
  2. ShadowOfAGhost

ShadowOfAGhost Computer Geek

An excelent start to an excelent story! This is going to be good, I can tell! I can't wait until the start we really start to delve deeper into the plot, though even now it seems to be developing nicely. Bring the next chapter soon please!!!

3. Vivace

Vivace Therapists love my money

Yeah! Yeah! Yeah! From the every so brillent mind of crowgirl comes a really really good....thingy.

ALL HAIL THE THINGY

4. Alpha Man

Alpha Man Raven in a Bikini? Brilliant!

Neat start. Are you sure this isn't a Crow fic? Well, if it's about Raven, my favorite character, then I'm sure to follow this! Does Plasmus look like he did in 'Divide and Conquer' or 'Aftershock'? meaning is he the two-eyed Plasmus or the six-eyed Plasmus-thing?
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

#4 Alpha Man, Mar 26, 2005
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 4, 2006
  5. Raeofdarkness

Raeofdarkness Member

Two great books, your's and Shadowmancer. No criticisms!

6. Crowgirl

Crowgirl Active Member

Yes.

The person thing, with two eyes.

7. Matt A

Matt A Smile. Or Else.

Well, I'm impressed, as I was expecting. Few stories on here start with a fight scene, and even fewer end the first chapter with their core character being in severe danger of a horrible death. Plus we don't get to see Plasmus that much round these parts, which is a shame.

I'll have to stick around to see where this goes. I already know that it'll be good...;)

Ta,
    Matt A

8. TeenTitansGO!

TeenTitansGO! expremental Upnnas

Well, I must say, I'm impressed. I have been told that you are a good author, and now I understand why people say so. I didn't really grasp your writing style in that chapter, but then again, fight scenes are hard to do that with. I'll wait for more before I declare this fic a masterpiece, but so far I so that this story is awesome.

TTG~Matt H. out

9. NightMare

NightMare Someone not worth recognizing.

Its like, mysterious. o_O Nice details, good vocab, u kno, the usual.

Eleine's talking about Tamogotchi thingys. I'm like, SCARED!!!!!! :eek::eek::eek:

Thankies for the bday thingy. I hope u liked bowling. :D

To all u peoples, BOW DOWN TO THE EASTER BUNNY AND ME; ITS MY BIRTHDAY TOMORROW ON EASTER!!!!!! :evil:

10. JAG

JAG Active Member

[​IMG]Pretty good so far, keep up the good work! Plasmus rules!!!!!:cool:

11. Vivace

Vivace Therapists love my money

Matt, go read A girl called crow, and the Color Wheel and TRY to tell me taht she isn't one of the best. That's right, you can't. THe cosmic forces would stop you in your tracks.

12. Faethie

Faethie Rockstarrlette

YEE-HA!!! Go CG!!! :D :sweat:
    -Just to let you know, I've been awake 30 hrs in a row so I'm kinda hyper. Why? I dunno. I'm like that. I'm weird.:p ........
    This rocked! (No pun intended..:sweat: )
    Though I'm disapointed that Crow won't be a main character:crying: since we all know she's awesome, I am really very totaly anxiously awaiting the next chapter.
    WRITE ASAP!!!!!!!
    Later,
    Faith

13. JAG

JAG Active Member

I have now read both of your previous fics CG, (just finished Color Wheel about five minutes ago) and I liked 'em both. When will chapter 2 be done? And happy birthday Nightmare.:)

14. Starfire5

Starfire5 Member

another good start to another good fiction in the making
    Goodjob!

Mya

PS and when is spam not wanted;)

15. nevermore

nevermore Destroyed...

Crowgirl, have you ever heard of William Tell? :evil: :evil: :evil: JK, I couldn't resist. :sweat: I can wait...I think. :sweat:

But seriously, just take your time and try to have the next chapter ready for when you get a chance to get it up. Okay?

16. Kregor8

Kregor8 Communitas Ex Nihilo

Ah. The new opus from Crowgirl. Or at least, the opening lines of it. There's not much I can say at this point. It's typical CG goodness. Can't even guess where things are going or anything, but you can be sure I'll stick around for the ride.

Oh yeah - did you actually write in 3rd person, or was I delusional (again)?

7<regor

17. Mystery fan

Mystery fan Member

Quote: "Robin, we heard it once, we don't need to hear it again."

That was awesome! Finally, someone shut him up! I get tired of hearing that phrase over and over again!

This is shaping up to be a really good fanfic. I can't wait for more!

18. T.T.Raven4

T.T.Raven4 Three Cheers For Sweet Revenge

Yet again, spectacular. Great start, no criticisms, and keep uf the excellent work.

19. Crowgirl

Crowgirl Active Member

Depressing News and Chapter Two: Changes

Well, if you look at AGCC, I was gone for a week and when I came back there, fives pages of pure spam. :eek: I went on this all Caps rant that forbid spam.

Hate to break it to you, but you will probably see Crow in no more than a total of three chapters. It's imperitive to the plot.

No, you weren't delusional. I almost didn't use third person for the start, but that too is imperitive to the plot. Not that you'll find out why anytime soon....

Erm... hi.

Okay, I kind of lied to you guys before when I said I wasn't allowed to use the home comp's internet. Throw chopsticks at me later guys, cause I'm really depressed. :crying: The truth is, I haven't really been in the mood to post or type anything.

You all know I am a New Englander (And that the Red Sox Rule!!!! :anime: ) along with other people on this forum, but that's going to change.

I am moving.*

I've got to leave everything behind. My friends, house, school (Actually, wait, that's a good thing), and everything. No more Town Basketball, no more Papa Gino's, no more Outback Steakhouse! :crying: :crying: :crying: :crying: I'm still going to post and all, but I'm just going to be in a different place. But I'm staying here for a little more than two weeks, since my Dad's got to be there ASAP. (See Note)

I'd swear, but I don't think it's allowed on this forum.

Anyways, I thought you guys might want this, and all feedback is appreciated. I feel even worse though, for I forgot to mention that Sproxie edited the first chapter for me, so thanks Sproxie!

Depressingly yours,
    CG

*To Florida, to be exact. My Dad works at Macy's up here (manager), and they need somebody to run the store and help it 'prosper'. My Dad's really good at making stores do well (he's done at least three stores already).

Butler sat up. “Artemis, it’s all right. I’m alive. Anything is better than the alternative.”
    Artemis was not reassured. He took a peal-handled mirror from the locker. “Prepare yourself, and take a look.”
    Butler took a deep breath and looked. He stretched his jaw, and pinched the bags underneath his eyes.
    “Just how long was I out?” he asked.
    Artemis Fowl: The Eternity Code, Eoin Colfer​

Chapter 2- Changes

Raven moaned, opening her violet eyes for the first time in awhile. She took a weary hand and rubbed her head. How long was I out? She thought to herself. She looked around at her surroundings. Funny, this isn’t the infirmary. Raven was sitting on a small bed in an ivory painted room. A large window in front of her was covered by curtains. The only source of light came from a lamp on a bedside table. On the left side of the bed were some machines for medical uses.

Raven stared down at the bed, which was pure white from pillow to sheets. She looked at her body, which was pretty much the same, but while she was unconscious she had definitely grown. Oddly enough, somebody had dressed Raven in an odd form of a white hospital gown. Its sleeves went a little past her elbows and the gown’s edge barely covered her knees.

There was a small dresser on the other side of the room that held some cards and picture frames. Intrigued at what they held, Raven slid her legs over the edge of the bed. She hopped off, only to stumble and fall. She caught herself just in time on the bedside table, causing the lamp to shake slightly.

I need to watch my step. Raven scolded herself silently. I need to get used to walking again. I wonder how long I was out. And where am I? This definitely isn’t the Tower. Is it?

Raven stuck her arms out to the sides and stuck one foot out in front of her. Put one foot in front of the other, heel then the toes…. Wow, this is pathetic. Raven smirked to herself. She took one slow step, then another, then a few more. By then she was walking around the room without grabbing onto any objects.

Raven made her way to the dresser to look at the five objects. Her pale hand grasped a silver picture frame that held a digital picture. It was of a cute young adult couple sitting in a pile of fallen leaves. The man had short black hair that was spiked up with a visible amount of gel. He was clothed in a navy blazer, red t-shirt, and a pair of jeans that symbolized it was cold out. His arms were wrapped around the girl next to him (Most likely his girlfriend, Raven thought). His eyes were closed as he kissed the girl next to him on the cheek. The girl’s hair was a fiery red that matched the scarf and gloves she wore. Her eyes matched the vibrant green sweater she wore. The girl’s face was flushed with pleasure from the joy she was experiencing.

Raven wasn’t stupid, but it took her a few seconds to realize who the couple was. Robin and Starfire? It’s about time they got together, since they’ve liked each other for ages. I wonder where the others are. They don’t seem to be in any of these frames. Raven quickly scanned the other pictures with her eyes. Cyborg, Beast Boy, and Crow weren’t in any of them.

Except for one.

This picture wasn’t in a frame; it was lying behind one picture of and older Robin and Starfire in Paris. The picture was obviously older than the others, the colors were fading. Cyborg, Beast Boy, Robin, Starfire, and Crow had all squeezed into one picture, posing goofily in front of a tree in the park. From a glance, you could tell that all of them, including Cyborg (which wasn’t completely easy to tell) had aged at least two years. I must have been unconscious during this. How long was I out? Raven mused again.

Raven turned the washed out picture over. Somebody had written a note on the back of it.

The Titans at the park, celebrating the anniversary of the team’s beginning! Yippee! We all missed Raven, who was still sleeping. Before the argument.

What’s the argument? Raven asked herself, obviously not knowing the answer. She heard light footsteps coming from the doorway. As Raven heard a young woman’s humming getting closer, she slid the picture back where it previously was and hastily walked back towards the bed. As she flopped down on it, the knob of the door began to turn. Raven pulled the covers over her bare legs and the door fully opened, revealing an older Starfire.

Starfire was dressed in a pair of pink pajamas that were made up of short shorts and a sleeveless shirt. She was carrying a bowl of cereal (Most likely for a sleeping Raven) on a tray. Her green eyes grew to the size of Raven’s brooch as she saw Raven sitting up in bed. “Raven? Raven!”

Overjoyed, Starfire dropped the bowl of cereal and ran over to hug Raven. “It’s good to see you again Starfire.” Trying to be friendly, Raven gave Starfire an odd form of hug. “Erm… where am I?”

“Our home,” Starfire said gleefully. “May I get you a drink or something to eat?”

“Uh… no, I’m fine. Are we not in the Tower?” Raven asked, trying to get information out of Starfire.

“Well…” Starfire said, obviously disappointed about the topic. “Technically, we do not live there anymore. We live here. However, Robin uses the Tower for superhero work when he’s,” She leaned in close and whispered, “When he’s Nightwing.”

So Robin’s finally Nightwing, Raven mused. I remember Starfire telling us about that when she traveled into the future. “Star, we’re the only two in here,” Raven slowly stated. “You don’t need to whisper.”

“You never know is watching you,” Starfire whispered again.

“Starfire, what are y-.”

“Let’s go see Robin,” Starfire decided joyfully, completely changing the topic, “He will want to know you’re awake.”

Starfire grasped Raven’s hand and guided her into a narrow blue hallway, coated with photographs, paintings, and a few mirrors. Starfire seems more independent now, it’s quite obvious, Raven concluded. Her speech is different, and she’s been walking everywhere, which is somewhat odd. She hasn’t flown or anything, which is totally out of character for her. Wonder why? But she hasn’t told how long I’ve been out, and I really want to kn-..

Raven’s thoughts got cut off, as she got a glimpse of herself for the first time in what seemed like a decade.

Raven noticed that every part of her she saw was entirely different. Her hair had grown past her shoulders (about halfway down to her elbows), and the purple hue had become more vibrant. Raven’s skin was much paler than it had ever been (because she had not been outside in such a long time), and if you looked closely you could see her cheekbones.

And I thought I looked creepy before…

“Please Raven!” Starfire exclaimed, trying to pull her along. “Robin should be leaving soon for his job, so we should hurry.”

Raven obediently followed Starfire into a red and black kitchen. The counters, cabinets, and appliances were all black (except for the sink, which was a glimmering silver), but the walls were a deep red. In the center of the red and black checked floor was a small square black table for two to four people. A young adult with spiky black hair sat in one of the chairs, sipping a cup of coffee and reading the front page of the day’s newspaper.

“Di- erm, Robin! Look!” Starfire tugged Raven’s arm.

“Oh hey Star,” Robin said quietly, immersed in his read. He looked up, and Raven noticed that he wore a pair of sunglasses to shield his eyes. “Raven!?”

The coffee cup slid out of Robin’s hands and plunged towards the floor. Reflexes made Robin swing his arm around to catch the cup an inch before it hit the ground. He hasn’t lost his touch, Raven speculated.

“Erm… hi,” Raven said shyly.

“Raven, I… I can’t believe you’re awake!” Robin slid the cup onto the table, got up from the chair, and gave Raven a brotherly embrace. When Raven returned the hug, Raven saw Starfire give Raven a slight scowl out of jealousy.

When they let go, Raven glanced around, checking for signs of the other Titans. “Um, where are the others? You know, Crow, Cyborg, Bea-.”

“They, um,” Robin and Starfire glanced at each other nervously. “Raven, they’re not here.”

Raven stood somewhat shocked at Robin’s words. Her jaw slightly dropped and her eyes grew wider. “Wha-, why?”

Starfire looked down at her feet, but Robin showed no mercy. “Things have… changed since you fell unconscious. Crow, Cyborg, and Beast Boy got tired of playing the good guys all the time, and they started working for the H.I.V.E. about four years ago. I don’t know or care if they’re dead or alive at this point, but they turned on us, on everything we had.

The Teen Titans, or the Titans, Team Titans, whatever we were called, doesn’t exist anymore.”

#19 Crowgirl, Apr 1, 2005
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 1, 2005
  20. starfire0639

starfire0639 Active Member

I'm sorry Crow I don't want you to be depressed.On another note your newest chapter rocked!I can't critisize cus well...theres nothing to do and complain about!:sweat: Florida ain't that bad.......I mean I do live here.I'm sure all will be fine...I hope.

ash