Teen Titans "Betrayal" Talkback (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'The DC Animation Forum' started by Bird Boy, Jul 31, 2004.

?

Rate and Post Your Thoughts on "Betrayal"

1. *****

29 vote(s)
    37.7%
  2. **** 1/2

16 vote(s)
    20.8%
  3. ****

15 vote(s)
    19.5%
  4. *** 1/2

6 vote(s)
    7.8%
  5. ***

4 vote(s)
    5.2%
  6. ** 1/2

1 vote(s)
    1.3%
  7. **

2 vote(s)
    2.6%
  8. * 1/2

1 vote(s)
    1.3%
  9. *

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. 1/2

1 vote(s)
    1.3%
  11. That was it? I waited for that? "Betrayal" indeed...

2 vote(s)
    2.6%
  1. Bird Boy

Bird Boy WF Admin

Teen Titans returns tonight after too-long of a hiatus, in...

[​IMG]

Episode #23 - Betrayal
    Original Airdate - July 31st, 2004

After a few weeks as a Teen Titan, Terra has everything she ever wanted: a nice home, good friends, and even a little romance with Beast Boy . Everything seems perfect. But is it?

Comments?

2. BeastBoyWonder

BeastBoyWonder Teen Titans Go!

Talkbacks being open while the episode is asanine.

That being said, wow the cut before this commercial was creepy.

"Hello Terra. Remember me?"

Definately missed this show...

3. Bubblegum Girl

Bubblegum Girl Magic User Wannabe

I'm not watching it cause I already what's going happen at the end(Thank You UK Spoilers ;) ) and the ending is really sad.:( Poor poor Terra. She was one of my favorite charcters. Beast Boy should have been more forgivening. I hate it when he becomes a total hypocrite but telling Terra that she doesn't have any friends in Betrayal but then goes off saying to the TT that she's their friend in Aftershock Part 1(UK Spoilers)! :shrug:

4. KuwabaraTheMan

KuwabaraTheMan New Member

Awesome episode, awesome. I'll have more comments later, but everything I had hoped for.

5. Chad Bonin

Chad Bonin a.k.a. Knux Five

Consider it a part of the DCAU and Toonami boards working together. As Teen Titans and Justice League Unlimited are Toonami Premieres (JLU being Toonami World Premiere, Teen Titans soon enough), and the Toonami board keeps talkbacks, well... they're posted as soon as the day of the airing starts...

We're all just workin' together.

Good episode, but I wonder who DIDN'T see that coming.

6. Mad Mod 49

Mad Mod 49 New Member

Beast Boy is incredibly hypocrital. He said he would forgive Terra no matter what she did; but then he goes and turns Terra to Slade's side for good! People say that Terra's an evil traitor and yet she never would have remained a traitor if it wasn't for Beast Boy. This time, he really DID break a promise to Terra.

7. ArtificialIdiot

ArtificialIdiot Doktor Aies

It's been awhile since I watched this, but I have to say, I really liked this episode. The fight between Slade and Beast Boy was perfectly executed, my only complaint about it was it made Slade look rather weak. However, it's understandable that Beast Boy is angry, so it could be reasoned away I suppose. Still, I liked it at least :)

The rest of this episode is rather hazy in my mind, but I liked the way Terra seemed to shy away from Beast Boy the whole episode. I also liked Cyborgs line in the tower during the fight with all Slade's robots. And the revelation, though rather predictable, was handled in a very creepy and very moving way.

Bubblegum Girl, I really recommend you watch the episode anyway. The thing that makes the "You don't have any friends" is, for me at least, the exercution. It echoed Slade's line "Robin doesn't need any friends" from Apprentice, and also has ties to Aftershock. But yes, it was rather ironic. But it was also very human of him. After all, Terra betrayed ALL his friends. Almost getting them killed! And she turned to their worst enemy, knowing full well how bad he really was. So I'd say anger out weighs love on this one. And rightfully so!

Anyway, my only real complaints about this episode was that it got rather slow at times, and also made Slade look rather weak. However, I have to say that Slade was at his Season 2 creepiest in this episode. After this episode, he just became far too brutal for my liking.

Anyway, I think I'll give this a 4. It was a good episode, but nowhere near as good as it's season one counterpart Masks.

8. Knight

Knight Emerald Knight

If it wasnt for the fact the new JLU came on before this I probably wouldnt have seen this episode of the show since I usualy dont tune into Teen Titans. The ep overall was interesting. I see they are playing out the a rough adaptation of the "Judas Contract" with Terra collecting information about the Titans for Slade although the comic book version of this event was far better. The Terra in the comics was a lot more vicious and unforgiving if I remember correctly.

Overall good ep 2 stars

9. A.Magik

A.Magik Active Member

I couldn't stomach this episode and its depiction of Terra. Sorry, Terra for me was always a psychob----- who cared for no one. She used the Titans, played with Changeling/Beast Boy, and would have killed them all with absolutely no regret. She was even Slade's lover!
    Yes, I know this is a cartoon version, and the characters aren't accurate (Starfire for example), but Terra has been a comic-book synonym for traitor, not a reluctant servant of the Terminator.

I apologize.

A.Magik

10. Ashara

Ashara Detective Super F-ing Genius

New season came back with a bang. I really liked this episode. BB is as comical as ever, but I feel very sorry for him. I can't wait for next Sat.

I give "Betrayal" an A+

11. Rabi~en~Rose

Rabi~en~Rose idolmaster

that was nothing special and not what it was hyped up to be I'm afraid! the battle at Titan Tower was pretty boring but BB did get in a good scuffle with Slade so I liked that much. Terra was the only Titan I liked and now she's just a phony :(

12. WolfieKiwi

WolfieKiwi We lil' devils

Not in toonami forum ey? oh well it belongs here with the rest of the super hero shows..

It was a good episode to start off with in the third season A
    it brought beastboy more involved with slade..other than just robin..

13. PaQ

PaQ Believe it!

I'm glad TT is back, can't believe how much I missed their animation style. I really enjoyed the who gets the last pizza scene, and then when Beast Boy and Terra were on their date.

Terra really did give a little bit of everything to Slade, early on, a glimpse of his table had Robin's batarang, the TT communicator dissasembled among other TT stuff.

14. shogunthethird

shogunthethird Monk-daddy

wow, I don't know whether it sucks more for BB or Terra, and if this is turning into the Judas contract does this mean we'll get to see Jericho as well?

15. Dr. Daedalus

Dr. Daedalus I presume.

Nice battle scene at the end with Beast Boy changing into tons of different animals (dinosaurs, hawks, tigers, oh my!). Kinda cliched that they wandered into a house of mirrors, though- that's been done before on many other shows. :shrug: I had an inkling that Terra wasn't "kosher", and now I know for sure. Poor Beast Boy.

P.S.: A lot of anime-ish moments in this one- just watch the carnival scene, or most of the first act (like Beast Boy's imagination of better outcomes for asking Terra on a date). GRADE: 4.5/5

16. Captain_Lothar

Captain_Lothar THE MYSTERIOUS SAMURAI BAKER X

That was a rockin episode! The battle between Slade and Beastboy, the fight in the tower...it was very well done I think. Fantastic!

17. Xfox

Xfox I love purple haired girls

Now THAT was a cool episode, running the gamut in every imaginable way. It was funny, action packed and filled with emotion. It's great seeing Beast Boy as more than just comic relief, though his comedy moments were hilarious here as well.

I knew how it was going to turn out, but it was a great ride nonetheless.

18. JLU Dude

JLU Dude New Member

5 out of 5. Can't say I blame Beast Boy for walking away from Terra, but his teammates were under attack and she betrayed them. While, this version is more sympathic than the comics version, I'm hoping she's stay gone from the team for good,
    They should have listened to Raven, because it bit them in the butt and their Tower is ruined.

19. wrenchien

wrenchien New Member

truly a tragic turn in an otherwise happy ride was this episode.

let's pray the next one is happier..

20. John6777

John6777 New Member

2 out of 5. I am not digging it as much as I thought I would. I was like "The Return of Slade". Cool but when I saw it. It was a major let down. I really couldn't care less about Terra and Beast Boy because she really wasn't around long for me to care about them as a couple so during their "Date" I was hoping she would kick his face in or something.

Animation was same as usual which never really impresses me unless Lotto is doing it. I really wish they used them more often because I may be the only one who doesn't like the animation when done by Dong Woo.

2 out of 5 stars. Hope next week's will be better.