1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Just in time for Halloween, enter for a chance to win a $50 Gift Card from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

Teen Titans Fan Fiction Teen Titans: As Eternities Die (MH)

Discussion in 'The Story Board' started by Scathe's Gem, Oct 13, 2007.

1. Scathe's Gem

Scathe's Gem Trigon's Portal

This is my first Fan Fiction here. Most of my Fan Fictions that I've done elsewhere have been a bit less dark than I'm thinking of making this, but it's MH-rated nonetheless. So... here's my attempt. If you have critique, I'd appreciate it.

~ ~ ~ ~

Chapter One​

~ ~ ~​

The telekinetic's reflection stared back at her with an expression of fear. Her purple hair and blue cloak flowed slightly as she collapsed onto the table beneath the mirror. It was impossible - she stopped it from happening. She was hallucenating. Trigon was dead.

But on Raven's forehead was proof otherwise: the mark of Scath.

~ ~ ~​

The alarm went off in Titans Tower, causing all five heroes to run into the operations center.​

"What is the problem?" Starfire asked, green eyes wide.​

A glance at the screen told Robin what had happened.​

"We've found Slade," Said the masked Titan.​

Raven stood immobilized as the other Titans exited the room. Her own name snapped her into reality. She left the room slowly, thinking but one word:​

No...

~ ~ ~​

It had been dry for the past few weeks, causing many forest fires. But there was one big difference about this inferno: It wasn't natural in any sense.

Slade turned to face the Titans, his orange-and-black mask reflecting the flames' glow. He spoke no words as he begun to create fire at his fingertips, for he needed none. Not only did he have his long-extinct flame powers alive again, but a red mark was inscribed upon his forehead: The mark of Scath.

"Raven?" Robin gasped, turning to the Telekinetic, "What on Earth is going on? Why does Slade have these powers? What are you hiding?"

"I don't know," Raven said quietly. At a look from the leader of her team, she added, "I'm being completely honest, Robin. I don't know what's going on. Trigon is dead."

"That's only as far as you know, Raven," Slade said, his voice sending chills down the Titans' spine.

Not only did Slade have his former powers, but he was speaking with two voices: Trigon's and his own.

Raven's eyes narrowed with rage before glowing white. She leapt into the air and levitated above Slade, disks of dark magic glowing between her gray fingers.

"You're posessed, aren't you?" Raven said, rage in her voice. "Here - let me get my father out for you!"

And she shot the disks from her hand at nearly the speed of sound with a slight flick of her wrist. When Slade didn't flinch, she aimed a flying kick at his head that would have broken a mortal's bone. She tore up the earth beneath his feet, dumped burning trees upon him, all to no avail.

"Raven, get back!" Robin cried as Slade aimed a beam of flame at her head.

Raven dodged and lighted on the ground. "What are you doing here? Why are you doing this?"

"Trigon may be deceased, but there is a way to raise the dead, Raven," Slade said with both voices. "You are still the portal, even if you deny it!"

And Slade grabbed Raven and pulled her away from the Titans, only to be coated in darkness and thrown through several trees.

"Don't even try to use me for this!" Raven screamed, her voice twisted by her anger. "I won't be his 'gem' this time!"

"Raven, get outta there, nothing's working on him!" Cyborg yelled.

But Raven was as posessed by her anger as Slade was by Trigon. She kept aiming her attacks at Slade, telekinetic and dark energy spells flying at her enemy until red glowing markings covered her body. She gasped as she realized that this was what Slade and her father wanted.

Slade said but one phrase: "It begins again."

2. Charles Chimag

Charles Chimag I also find this amusing!

Interesting start. Beginning with a bang is always good to see in a story if it's executed properly. However, I think that it would be nice if there was some more depth to it later. This seemed a little rushed.

3. Atoragon

Atoragon *random sound effects*

To make a long story short, I'm gonna concur with Charles. This could use a bit moer meat on the bone. One sentence does not constitute a paragraph. While I'm probably not the one to be talking on this, since no one else is, I guess I'll grab the microphone.

4. paranoidguy103

paranoidguy103 Getting more paranoid everyday

Itz definately a good start. Your story does sound like it has good potential. As Sipher an Charles said, a little more would be great. But i cant wait to see where you take it from here.
    Peace,
    Paranoidguy103

5. Atoragon

*head meets desk*

Can ANYONE spell my name right?

It's "Cipher"

not "Sipher" (yeah, you, paranoidguy) or "Cypher" or anything else you can possibly think of...

gawd... it's written out right in front of you...

*goes off to blow **** up*

6. JAG

JAG Active Member

I have to agree with the above posts about this needing a bit more depth, but otherwise, it's good, so far. Properly used, Slade is always entertaining, and Trigon is a kaiju, which almost automatically makes him cool. Keep writing, and I'll keep reading.:)

7. paranoidguy103

sorry cipher. I didnt read my message when i posted. the "S" is really close to the "C". My bad...

8. Atoragon

It's okay... I was just in one of those moods... My bad...

9. Scathe's Gem

Chapter Two​

~ ~ ~​

What is the point of life when we shall all die?

This question ran through Raven's head as Slade sank into the ground, leaving a blazing mess behind. The Titans stared at Raven as she slowly levitated downwards, tears creating steam in the fire beneath her. Raven picked up a sharp stone, and positioned it over her heart.​

It won't matter if I'm gone anyways...

"RAVEN! DON'T!"​

Beast Boy had grabbed onto her arm, fear upon his green face. "Raven, you can't. We can stop this from happening. We can stop..." And he broke off from the rest of the sentence.​

Raven pulled her arm out of the shapeshifter's grasp. "Go on. Say it. 'We can stop you from bringing your demon father back to life.' This is the only way we can be sure it won't happen. I'm the portal. He needs me to live. If I'm gone, so is he."​

But she dropped the stone anyways. Raven looked up to see her friends gathered around her. Several of her temmmates were crying. Raven looked in the direction of the old library.​

"I can think of a way to get rid of him," Raven said quietly. "We have to get into some alternate universe where the world is ended here - it's the only way to get close enough to him to stop this from happening. Robin, you'll have to tell me which direction Slade went to get his soul back. We have to find Trigon't soul and destroy it."​

"Why don't we just hire some Ancient Egyptian god to kill him for us?" Cyborg sighed. "I mean, it's a great plan, but how do we get to an alternate universe anyway? And how do we know that there is a universe like that? Face it, it's next to impossible."​

"Next to impossible for someone who doesn't know Trigon," Raven muttered. "Trust me, I know what I'm talking about. And 'we' will not be able to go in. I must go in alone."​

"No. We're coming with you," Robin said.​

"You don't understand, Robin. It takes too much energy to give you the power to live through the end. I can't let any of you come anyways. Trigon might spare my life, but he won't think twice about killing you. It's one life for four, one life for a million. I have to go alone."​

And Raven began to walk back to Titans Tower without another word.​

"But, Raven," Starfire said sadly, "what if we never see you again?"​

"Trigon wouldn't want me dead."​

"What if you can't... you know, ever come back?" Beast Boy asked.​

Raven didn't answer. She just kept walking.​

~ ~ ~​

I guess there's no time to say goodbye. They'd try to talk me out of it anyways.

Raven carried a piece of paper into the operations center and left it on a table under one of her books. She carried another book into her own room and flipped through it until she found the right page. She memorized the contents of the page, for it would take more energy to take two things with her.​

After mixing a potion, Raven sat upon her floor and cast the contents of the potion on herself. She relaxed her mind, then concentrated as hard as possible on Trigon, a world on fire, red skies, and the Ring of Azar she carried on her left hand.​

"Aurichain Naurithanair. Corina'i'ir. Othyren Tiorik!"​

And she was gone, leaving but one sign that she had gone: a note.​

"Dear Titans,​

I am sorry that I had to leave so suddenly, but you would have made me stay. If I don't come back, just forget that I ever existed. It'll be easier that way. I wish that this didn't have to happen, but I have learned to take control of my destiny. I am confronting Trigon. Hopefully I will come back as if nothing ever happened. Like nothing ever was to happen. I promise, I'll find a way to stop him.​

Goodbye."​

#9 Scathe's Gem, Oct 14, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 2, 2007
  10. Charles Chimag

Interesting. Y'know, I'm really no one to speak. But it's better. Dramatic.

11. Scathe's Gem

Chapter Three​

~ ~ ~​

The telekinetic groaned as she lifted herself off of the dark, cracked ground. Her left hand felt like it had been ripped off. Fearing the worst, Raven looked down at her hand. The Ring of Azar was gone, replaced by a black mark burnt into her skin. She hadn't thought of how powerful Trigon would be in his own domain. Feeling a rush of pain to her head, Raven dropped to her knees, clutching her forehead.​

...Who knew that he would have had the sheer power to burn the Ring of Azar? I guess there's no easy way out now. No protection other than what Trigon gives me himself... But what else is new?

Raven groaned again, and gave in to the pain from traveling so far. She fell to the ground, her cloak completely covering her, face mere inches from a pool of lava.​

~ ~ ~​

"I never expected you to be defeated so easily, daughter."​

Raven's eyes snapped open. Trigon's laugh echoed through the atmosphere, coming from everywhere and nowhere.​

"No matter. I will teach you to come to destroy me."​

And the mark of Scath appeared beneath Raven. There was pain everywhere, like being trapped within a bolt of electricity, the constant tearing through her veins, the burning inside. The pain seemed like it would never end when it got worse: it felt like all of her dark thoughts were breaking out of her head, taking her face with it. The pain couldn't have gotten any worse when Raven was shot backwards and it all stopped.​

Am I dead?

Raven opened her eyes slowly. A grayscale version of herself stood in fromt of her, a dark smile painted on her pale face. Raven's doppelganger opened her eyes, glowing red orbs that sent their light everywhere. A gray cloak hung loosely over the girl's shoulders.​

"Am... I alive?" Raven asked.​

"Afraid so. Our father won't let you die anyways. That doesn't matter. I can still hurt you. A broken bone or two won't stop you from bringing Trigon back."​

And with that, the gray entity raised her hands, causing dark magic to fly out and strike Raven.​

"What are you?" Raven asked with disgust.​

"You haven't figured it out? I'm you, Raven. Only... I'm your dark side. Your personal demon. Your own little piece of Trigon," And on the last sentence, Raven's doppelganger opened another set of eyes.​

Raven launched herself at her doppelganger, eyes glowing white. At the last second before collision, the dark girl raised a hand to strike her good side in the stomach. As Raven touched the ground, she spun around, knocking her personal demon down with a kick. Raven's demon launched herself at Raven, and they landed between two pits of lava.​

"Where should I push you first?" The gray-cloaked girl said darkly.​

Raven kicked at an angle, pushing her doppelganger into a lava pit. She stood up, panting with rage, and turned away, thinking it was over.​

"Now, Raven, you didn't think you could kill me that easily, did you? And people say heroes don't resort to causing death," Raven turned to see her demon rising out of the lava, covered in dark magic. "But then again, Raven, you're not the typical... hero."​

Raven screamed with rage, coating her hands with blades of dark magic. Her doppelganger did the same. The two commenced to leap at each other, blades flying at each other's throat. Raven dodged this first move, and aimed a jab at her opponent's heart. When this was blocked, Raven's other hand instantly went to her doppelganger's stomach. Her colorless copy groaned.​

"Nice trick," She said, dropping to the ground.​

Raven was about to turn and walk away when her demon jabbed her in the leg, knocking her down. The gray girl held Raven's arm down with one hand and aimed the other at her heart.​

"Don't resist," Said the demon as her good counterpart pushed her bladed hand away, "We both know you've been weakened by the trip here. And this place is my natural element."​

And with that, the gray-cloaked girl pushed Raven's and her own hand towards Raven's heart.​

12. Charles Chimag

Obviously, dark Raven won't let Raven die. With that comes the un-return of Trigon. And I doubt a Raven-focused story would include Raven dying in the first four chapters.

13. Scathe's Gem

Dark Raven's kind of bloodthirsty, so she might try to kill Raven, forgetting that their father is dead...

But Trigon has a lot of control over the realm that they're in and wouldn't let Raven die.

But you're totally right about the last part. ...I just have to figure a way out of this for Raven.

14. JAG

JAG Active Member

Okay, well, no offense, but you definitely want to do that kind of thing before you start posting the story. I made the same mistake in my first fics, getting the Titans into an impossible fight and then realizing I had no idea where to go next. Raven's problem here is somewhat less then impossible to beat, fortunately, so it shouldn't be hard to work a way out, but you get my point.

15. Charles Chimag

Oh, I don't know about that. I jumped headlong into my first story with about half a mind about what I'd do with it, and it looked all right. ...Of course, there is the fact that I had that half a mind. And I already knew what the outcome of the battles would be. I do for my current one, too.

16. Scathe's Gem

I have a few ideas on how to not kill Raven, but I just have to decide upon which to pick and how to make it sound half decent.

I usually plan very few things for my stories (Usually the beginning and middle/middle-end) and go from there. So... it usually works out in the end. Most of the time.

I've basically got the way out for her now, so... be ready to see more in the near future.

17. JAG

JAG Active Member

I look forward to it.:)

18. Scathe's Gem

I am so sorry for abandoning this. I hope you can forgive me...

~ ~ ~ ~

Chapter Four​

~ ~ ~​

Raven focused her energy not on pushing upwards, but pushing to her side. Her doppelganger's eyes widened as Raven shoved the blade into the earth to her left and stood up shakily.​

Raven's foot pressed down on her doppelganger's spine. As she pushed downwards, her doppelganger fired one last attack. Her other hand flew into Raven's leg, the blade still glowing with demonic energy. And Raven's dark side smiled as she dissipated into energy, flying back into Raven as she fell to her knees.​

And as Raven shifted her body, getting into a better position to heal herself, creatures of flame rose from the depths of the flaming pits surrounding her. Raven put up a force field, healing herself just enough to stand. And as she stood, her barrier went down, showing her enraged expression just before she launched herself at her opponents, blades of energy reforming on her hands.​

Creatures flew into the lava and rose again, only to become mere embers upon stone at Raven's next strike. The beasts never stopped coming, and Raven could not fight for much longer, but her hatred towards her father drove her on, drove her rage as she tore the flaming creatures Trigon had sent to stop her.​

And then the creatures came from all sides at once, holding Raven down as she tried to escape. Four eyes glowed red upon her face.​

~ ~ ~​

The creatures led Raven through the caverns of their world. Raven kept all four eyes closed as they moved to the depths of this magma-coated land. A door opened and they stood before a ring of magma and fire.​

"So you have come to assist me in leaving this realm, daughter?"​

Raven stayed silent as Trigon's voice echoed through the cavern. She shook her head slowly side to side.​

"No," Raven finally said, her voice cracking.​

"Show me your face."​

Raven looked upwards, her eyes casting a glow upon the room. She tried to look down again, to close her eyes, but she found that she could not do even this simple movement.​

"I won't help you," Raven choked out.​

"You have no choice," Trigon's disembodied voice called through the burning cavern. "You are merely the pawn in my plan."​

"No," Raven panted. "I won't do this!"​

And she tried to launch her soul self at Trigon, but couldn't use her powers. She couldn't move. She couldn't speak. And she could barely breathe. And she couldn't resist as the flame-coated beasts pushed her into a pit of magma.​

~ ~ ~​

Am I... Breathing?

Raven opened her two eyes. She was submersed in magma and felt the burning heat upon her skin, but she was still alive. The pain was real, but if she was in the true amount of pain, she would be dead or possibly wish she were.​

And she could breathe. It was as if her lungs were protected from the melted rock. She dared not open her mouth to see if she could breathe in through her mouth. But she still couldn't move - She was paralyzed fom the neck down.​

And Raven concentrated all of her magic to release her soul self, to push herself out, anything. But it was unable to escape her mind. But she kept trying to just push herself through the lava, to do something. And eventually it bottled up in her mind so painfully that Raven couldn't take it anymore. She opened her mouth to scream, and as she cried out from the pain of the energies shoving her thoughts aside, the magic exploded from her.​

Magma splattered everywhere and the wall of the cavern collapsed, sending rocks tumbling into the magma pit. The beasts of flame were bured under the rubble and when it all ended, Raven had collapsed onto a pile of stone.​

Her cloak was white.

Raven slowly rose and stepped through the new hole in the cavern wall.​

19. Scathe's Gem

Chapter Five​

~ ~ ~​

The tunnel stretched for an eternity, the flames behind Raven dimming to nothing and the scent of demon, the scent of death and destruction becoming stronger with every passing step. Raven didn't know how far she had gone before she heard breath ahead of her. She was almost happy that it would be over soon, but all she could do was keep walking forward. A dim red glow shone from the future, but whether it was an eternity or a mile away was unknown.​

There wasn't even a steady dripping of water - there was none in the parched earth. Nothing but a slow breath showed Raven she was still alive, still walking.​

And from the end of the cavern came the source of the breath. Red marks burned themselves into Raven's skin at the sight of her father. Trigon stood still as stone in the center of a vast cavern. A dark smile flowed over his face.​

"You are unwilling to realize your situation is hopeless," Trigon said. "You cannot defeat me. You cannot hope to save your world."​

"I can't hope?" Raven asked, anger in her voice. "Hope is the only thing I can do. Hope is the only thing I have left. Everything else was taken away when you tried to return. You say I can't hope. But I can."​

Wings rose from Raven's back at these words. Black frosted with white, they soon formed a body. A coal-black bird with feathers tipped with an impossibly bright tint of white, an unreal display. The colors shifted and the black became translucent: the bird looked like frosted glass. Raven's soul self opened indigo eyes and became airborne, lunging itself at Trigon. Its beak collided like a dagger with his chest.​

Trigon roared with rage and attempted to kill the bird, to tear it, but when he touched it, it burned him. A ring of symbols became visible around the spirit's chest: the same collection of signs as the Ring of Azar. And Raven looked down at her hand: the ring was on it once more.​

Raven raised her left hand and the bird was under her control. Her creature let out a ear-shattering screech and lunged at Trigon's throat. Darkness and light exploded in different directions at the hit. Trigon laughed and with a twitch of his hand, Raven could no longer control her hand. The ring of Azar fell to the ground, and with it went Raven's control.​

But the bird continued to fight until Trigon took it by the wings. The raven was no longer under the Ring of Azar's influence, and it shattered like the glass it resembled. Raven gazed at her father with rage.​

"Your 'hope' is nothing," Trigon spat.​

And Raven only could see one way to win. She would have to give up her life. She would have to give up the possibility of going back. She would have to give up so much. But she would not give up her world.​

And Raven focused her magic on the ceiling of the tunnel. She had to push with all her ability against it, and it wasn't going to break easily. She dropped to one knee from the lack of energy. Raven was about to wonder what would kill her, the result of her plan or the exertion of energy when Trigon began to walk towards her. The marks inscribed on her skin became painful, and Raven screamed, causing energy to fly from her hands. The ceiling collapsed, and then came the lava.​

20. paranoidguy103

Nice new chapter. Ravens idea adds a great twist to the story. Its pretty noble of her to give up her life for her friends. I can't wait to see how this plays out.
    Peace,
    Paranoidguy103