1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Just in time for Halloween, enter for a chance to win a $50 Gift Card from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

Teen Titans Fan Fiction Tears of a Smiling Shadow-A Teen Titan Fic

Discussion in 'The Story Board' started by starfire0639, Mar 2, 2005.

?

Should I continue this story and if I do will you read it?

Poll closed Mar 31, 2005.
  1. Hell ya!I'm with it till the end!

11 vote(s)
    84.6%
  2. Of course,why wouldn't I?

5 vote(s)
    38.5%
  3. I'll read it for a while but start to ignore it.

1 vote(s)
    7.7%
  4. Na...this story bores me.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PressureCooker

PressureCooker has nothing for nothing

Wow. This is one of your finest chapters to date! The use of vivid imagery is quite powerful in this one. I had a perfect picture of the destruction that was once earth. And I must say you described it masterfully. I too feel that the finale is near, and I’m rubbing my hands in anticipation. Keep this up!

The Cooker

2. Liz-Slade

Liz-Slade Year of the Cat

Fab. Chap. Ash wonderful words can not describe how Good this chapter is, It is totaly wonderful, It gives you more insight into Amlin and how much she doesn't want to be the Holder I so cannot wait for the next chapter.

I have know Idea what to say besides what has been said.

TTFN
    Liz
    Over and Out:D

3. DeathscytheVII

DeathscytheVII Farewell, Daughter of Trigon

Well everyone already said what i was going to say =/ but i'll say some more. Nice scenes with Amlin and her dream, and the steady worsening of her condition. I am amazed at how far you've come since the start of this tale, and im wondering if we're going to hit the climax soon. ;)

My one complaint with this is that ONE WORD you use to call Amlin, the 'holder'. I dunno, somehow that word doesn't fit in with your Badass-apocalyptic-style dialogue you have your villains saying :p Why not use something ...fancier, like... vessel of destruction, or container of bad evil thingys? But holder? haha geez...;). lol but meh its your story.

Oh, i'm still waiting for the Terra thing you promised us.....*taps foot on ground impatiently :p

4. Pookey

Pookey Member

Terra? Terra thing...waht Terra thing-twitch- jk dont mind me im just here -walks away slowly-

5. Alpha Man

Alpha Man Raven in a Bikini? Brilliant!

I'm not writing this to spite you, Ash, just to make sure you understand. In writing, when you have a quote, and you don't close it -- it means the same person is talking! I bring this up because I noticed it on Edd's thread, and it's not just that you understand, Ash, it's ALSO that no one gets CONFUSED when reading. So, this is as much for the readers as it is for the writers.
    Now, since that was you... I think everyone can let it slide. :p Your writing has vastly improved since then, so I compliment you for that!:anime: But this is very important, and I mention this technique because I have it in my fic (and it will appear many times) and I do not want anyone thinking it's two separate quotes.
    In that case, the same person was talking the whole way through -- the enters were used for dramatic effect. Obviously, it was not two people talking (but a reader did get confused).
    That was Edd's example, it "inspired" me to make sure that every one knows that when you see a quote without end... the same person is still speaking!

So now that the readers know this, writers (and editors especially) must be extremely vigilant not to forget to close their quotes when in dialogue. It's a cool effect, just know that when you see it here or anywhere, don't always think it's a typo.

Okay, I'm finished.:sweat:

6. starfire0639

starfire0639 Active Member

Hehehe thankies.Nothing really to go on wityh this quote...so I shall move on!:p Oh and thankies to Jag:anime:
    Dude...you just now got that???:shrug: My how the world spins......Just get your damn chapter done.:p
    -twitch-....Nana Just kidding.In truth you are partially right. The End is based on catostrophic events that are due to happen becuase of Raven being a portal. Amlin is the holder of a sacrificial reicarnated master that is due to distroy her home world and anything in its path. But whats different is what I have yet to write but have in mind that I havn't dissapointed any of you yet with this story. So just sit tight...Iknow you can.;)
    Um...well....Donno...Did......I???:evil: You will never unlock the dark,twisted intervals of my mind.
    -runs over and hugs Mate tight-Enough said.:)
    ....WHy does everyone think theres a finale comming up???;) ATn first I was just gonna put it in pink or bably blue.....but then the Master's would get mad at m,e becuase the color made him feel like less than a man...but then I told him he wasn't a man and then he got mad....and thus it is red:sweat: Conflict of enterest to say the least.And why so many questions!?-poke-All will....well thats a lie....tehe. Questions will be answered...ya that sounds bout right.
    Dude! Dude is my word dude!.....Dude.....Well that and stanky....omg that word is smurph'n hillarious!....Ya thats right...I know what smurf means.;) :p And thankies Pookster!
    .....WHY!?!?!?!......calm...stay calm.....phew ok. Yesh Amlin's home is kinda like.....my version of hell. That makes sense right?Hope so...cus I ain't say'n it again:p
    Damn I can't help it...I gotta say it.....-gathers her voice together-Slade.......hehehehehe I sowwy. But when ya got the gift of making your voice like Robin's you can't pass of a chance like that:sweat: Anywho thankies. And ya that happens alot....damn you people and your detailed messages!:p
    I like climax's...there fun....:anime: And ya thanks for liking my way of speaking.....thats right.... right???? And oh ya vessel of destruction.....feh....container of bad evil thingies is like so totally badass......-rolls eyes- The holder is a type of demon that my dad told a story bout when I was like reallly young. Like a horror movie or something.It basically stands that the monster was the holder of true evil.It was called The Holder.So to me it isn't just a name I came up with.I thought about it:) And you can wait for my promised Terra thing....or shall I make you wait longer???;)
    ....I like it when the Pooky twitches...it looks almost as funnyas when shes running....heheheYou run like a dude!...And ya...just wait and see;) And ya I'm lazy so I ain't gonna copy and paste all of your note Alpha.But I will say that it was a good spot of info. I shall take it to heart...and maybe Shadow should read it to seeing as he's my editor and he should be catching this stuff!-pokes Shadow- And thats it folks! I ain't saying nothing boutmy next chapter...cus I wish not to tease..adn thats bout it...Bys for now and peace!!!

#306 starfire0639, Jun 20, 2005
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 20, 2005
  7. TeenTitansGO!

TeenTitansGO! expremental Upnnas

So I did what ya' said and started reading..only through chapter 4. It's some cool stuff, and I really hope your later chapters are better. The early stuff is so off-the-wall and random that it's hard to understand. I'll keep readin' and see how it goes.

TTG~Matt H. Finally got here

8. starfire0639

Yesh...I dare say my earlier chapters were um....iff-ish.But ya got my promise as the Ash that the later ones are rock'n.Promise:D No need to hope.And ya I'm random...trying not to let it leak into the story tho.:sweat: oh and this is just too funny......
    Hahahahahahahahahaahha omg funny!-falls out of chair-HAhahahahahahaha!!! Bite you? No thanks.I don't know where you'v been.:shrug: Or what you'v rolled around in....eww.And you know full well I don't have a high pitched voice.If your gonna mock me then get it right:p You run like a dude! -laughing- Me sowwy Pooky but....you gotta admit it is kin-gets fwapped in the back of the head by Pooky-....Oh no you diod not just.......(Pooky-Tehe!-runs away) Get back here!-pummles Pooky-And all is right with the world!

Randomness is foon.
    Ash-meister,fellow renegade master
    I got that name for a reason:anime:

9. PressureCooker

PressureCooker has nothing for nothing

Behold! it is... Red X

Sorry Ash, all I get are red "x"s Maybe just a problem on my compy... sombody else let me know if you can see them, then I can beat my compy silly!:p

The Cooker

10. starfire0639

...I like compliments.....just my blushing bugs the hell out of me.:eek: I was blushing in the pic I posted..I think

#310 starfire0639, Jul 6, 2005
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 12, 2006
  11. dimmy52

dimmy52 Orsati Assassin

Ace chapter Ash.

Amlin's definitely getting colder and colder, although her stony exterior seems to have broken, for the time being anyway.

Ok that is all for now.

Cheers, Dimster, Droog Master

12. rrarbecy

rrarbecy I'm Back!

Quite good, quite good. Minus a couple grammar mistakes and the way the last sentence was worded, that chapter was very well done. I'm glad Amlin left, because she was becoming another Robin for me, which is to say very annoying. I loved the way you did it. Great job.

13. DeathscytheVII

DeathscytheVII Farewell, Daughter of Trigon

hehe who wouldn't follow the awesome anime of Trigun? :D

jokes aside, that was a pretty good update, i'm getting "The End" vibes from just reading it. Very entertaining!

The secret's out, and Am acts very bitter and cold towards her friends, and Beast Boy too, i really like that moment with him in this chappy, as you've said. There is a lot of depth to that character.

Now to wait for the stuff to hit the fan ;)

14. percguy89

percguy89 Things Change

wow.....:eek:

now that was a GREAT emo chapter.....

if i had slightly more estrogen, id be crying right now.:D

but im still crying on the inside:crying:

great chapter, and peace out

Brent, The "Dude" of Comedy

15. Matt A

Matt A Smile. Or Else.

My thoughts exactly. Great work!:anime: :anime: :anime:

-Matt A-

16. RavenofAzerath~

RavenofAzerath~ military brat :b

jeez.....Amelin just have major issues...maby as much as......hm...i dont know which is worse...

and i thought it was spelled "Trigon"

at least....thats how its spelled in the comics (and no i dont own any)

and i was saying that you look good and that you are lucky that you arent as ugly as me!!!:sad:

RoA~
    Beyond Help

17. JAG

JAG Active Member

What they said. Great work!:D

18. RavenofAzerath~

you dont even know what i look like

(thank god!!)

19. starfire0639

Yesh. But if ya think 'bout it then it isn't really that hard to understand why. Just think bout things trhat have happened and how others have acted.....now I'm shutting my mouth before I say anything else.
    Awsomness my plan is suxceding marvelously....:evil: And which charchter? BB or AM? And and yes...there will be very much fan hitting in the future.....that didn't sound right for some reason......Damn my mind and its need of bath thoughts......Oh well its fun to keep around.:D

And wow...descriptive comment Mate...Really...it rocks hard core....hard core bananas........-twitch-..OH GOD THE NASTYNESS IS BURNING!-twitch-
    Ah you are right. I fixed it doe. And ya she has issues...but I ain't tell'n you people what they are or why...Cus even tho I told ya most of the stuff about Amlin you still don't know alot alot of things. Such as....-zips lips-Ain't tell'n.
    Thankies JAG!-hugs- And Roa I'm pretty sure your not ugly. And I'm off to read a fic I promised and to reread some other damn thing and to draw for some people...-glares at Mate-and draw a group pic for the tourna......-slaps hand over mouth and walks away-Nu uh! you can't know bout that yet!.....I'm so secretive-ish today.....WOOHOO!-runs away-

20. RavenofAzerath~

you keep secrets as well as my sister.....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.