1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice

"Tangled: The Series" Talkback (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'Disney/Pixar Forum' started by Tommy Lawson, Jun 3, 2015.

1. jfoley85

jfoley85 Member

Tangled and DuckTales are a really good start for Disney. Let's hope we see more of this kind of animation in the future !

2. Lord Hater

Lord Hater Retired

DC's sitcoms are aimed at tweens, not teenagers.
    Disney Junior should start airing classic cartoons because they already do in Europe. In non-peak viewing hours.

3. jfoley85

jfoley85 Member

#63 jfoley85, Jun 8, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 8, 2015
  4. DonkeyKongSong

DonkeyKongSong Active Member

When Disney Junior launched, it actually did air Timon and Pumbaa and The Little Mermaid (even Lilo and Stitch) and the like in the graveyard slot as well as to "counterprogram" the Junior block on the main channel. I'd like to see that again, especially since I'm surprised they didn't air The New Adventures of Winnie the Pooh there.

5. Tommy Lawson

Tommy Lawson Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Hopefully history can repeat itself when it comes to making good quality animated Disney TV shows. What Disney Afternoon shows are usually the most remembered? Most often they are the shows that aired from 1987's Ducktales to 1994's Gargoyles. That time was also when The Little Mermaid, Beauty and the Beast, Aladdin, and The Lion King became big Disney movies at the theaters. It could just be coincidental, but it could easily be that when the feature animation side of Disney has improved, the TV animation side of Disney improves with it.

6. jfoley85

jfoley85 Member

I emailed Shomi.....I get the service on my digital box. It's like Netflix's competitor and said the following: Dear Shomi.....I am currently a subscriber of yours through my Rogers Cable ! I LOVE your service. I was however wondering if you guys could add a few Classic Disney Cartoons like Darkwing Duck, DuckTales, Goof Troop, Timon and Pumba, Aladdin TV series, 101 Dalmatians and The Little Mermaid? Corus is launching Disney Channel this Fall and I thought this would be a great opertunity to get some classic Disney animation again. -- -- I really hope they will as they have other shows and cartoons as well in full seasons.

7. Heeroyuy_Batman

I get why people are surprised by this announcement. However, after thinking about it a bit, it shouldn't be too surprising. Tangled got a short (Tangled Ever After), Rapunzel and Eugene (aka Flynn Rider) have a cameo in Frozen, and lastly, Rapunzel as a Disney Princess appeared in a Sofia the First special.

8. ToonJay723

ToonJay723 Bingo Bongo

9. Lord Hater

Lord Hater Retired

That is surprising. I was expecting it to be CGI animated.

I could see this and Star vs. the Forces of Evil create an animation block on Disney Channel because both shows are girl centric.

10. TheVileOne

TheVileOne Peace Loving Shinobi
    Reporter

So did Rapunzel's hair grow back? Is this a sequel to the film?

11. Dudley

Dudley Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Yeah that definitely looks like it'll be animated by Mercury Filmworks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

12. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

It's a sequel and a prequel at the same time, since it's set before Flynn/Eugene and Rapunzel's wedding ;).

We still don't really know why Rapunzel's hair is back to its original state :confused:.

I have to say, I'm quite liking the animation style. It's pretty cute. Looking forward to getting more info about the cartoon soon :).

13. Dr.Pepper

Dr.Pepper Well-Known Member

The animation looks weird. I was expecting CG.

14. Light Lucario

Light Lucario Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

I like the artwork and character design. I thought that it would be CGI as well, but this looks nice. I'm not surprised that Rapunzel's hair grew back. Pretty much every official image of the character shows her with her long hair. I'm hoping that they'll explain how it grew back and why it get cut again before she and Eugine get married.

15. SaneMan

SaneMan Well-Known Member

I for once em happy the series is 2D
    And may I add, I do prefer the 2D designs

16. TheVileOne

TheVileOne Peace Loving Shinobi
    Reporter

I remember briefly chatting with the Tangled producers at D23, and they weren't sure about a sequel because of Rapunzel's hair being cut off. I said, "Well...what if it grows back?" Then they were basically like, "Hmm..."

• Like Like x 1
  17. SaneMan

SaneMan Well-Known Member

• Informative Informative x 2
  18. greenmovie

greenmovie Serving Up Smiles!

Tangled is one of my favorite Disney animated films. I like the character designs and artwork for this show. I think the humor and craziness of the film will translate well for the show. It definitely helps that the voice actors for the main characters are returning, as well as the rest of the cast and crew being very talented.

• Like Like x 1
  19. I.R. Shokew

I.R. Shokew DISGRACED and Rooting ONLY for Underdogs

I could see myself watching this - Tangled was a pretty good movie, for one thing. That, and the art style is looking pretty God - Tier; it's all going to come down to the storytelling/writing (Mercury Filmworks should have no problem giving us good animation on this one, however.).

20. SweetShop209

SweetShop209 Well-Known Member

I'm really looking forward to this show even more now. I wonder if it will air on Disney Junior or Disney XD. I would guess Disney Junior considering shows connected to Disney films usually air there, like Sofia The First (even though the focus is on Sofia and not the princesses) and The Lion Guard, especially considering Tangled has Rapunzel, who's part of the Disney Princess line.