1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice

"Tangled: The Series" Talkback (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'Disney/Pixar Forum' started by Tommy Lawson, Jun 3, 2015.

1. TheVileOne

TheVileOne Peace Loving Shinobi
    Reporter

I enjoyed Eugene being a disruptive super-fan. Even though I'm not super hot on Cassandra, I do like they are trying to develop her character and having some issues with being in the shadow of someone like Rapunzel.

• Agree Agree x 3
  2. I.R. Shokew

I.R. Shokew DISGRACED and Rooting ONLY for Underdogs

After watching the latest episode... Yeah - I'm still not a fan of Cassandra in any sense, so seeing some positive development for her here is more than welcome; it's essential - so I can stop hating on her so much and continue to actually watch & enjoy this show.

Also, I feel bad for Eugene not getting to see the end of everything - he missed a hell of a fight, unfortunately for him. Should have kept himself under control; Yes, I know your wife-to-be is awesome at stuff like fighting (and I mean it, SHE IS, as shown in the very first episode and further continued upon here.), but don't go crazy with it next time, OK?

• Like Like x 1
  3. TsWade2

TsWade2 Active Member

Somehow, I kind of feel that Cassandra can be a bit of a jerk. But I'll give her chance in future episodes.

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  4. Radical

Radical The Face of Evil & Epicness!!!!!

Challenge of the Brave was pretty sweet/funny,

Eugene the loud disruptive biggest fan was funny, but poor Eugene.

Rapunzel/Cassandra competing in the Challenge of the Brave was pretty sweet.

All the lesser fighters were great/likable, but love Razorblade the bladed teeth chick.

Wreck Marauder, my favorite great dangerous minor antagonist, Danny Trejo as him, awesome.

Rapunzel being cheerful for the other fighters was great/funny:p.

Cassandra the jerkette, but it was understandable for her to prove herself as a strong skilled fighter, but Rapunzel/Cassandra's conflict resolved was great.

Wreck's funny well-deserved defeat, hehehe, but cool with Cassandra winning.

The funny ending with poor Eugene who missed it.

Next episode preview: Eugene/Cassandra working together which Cassandra's reason for hating Eugene will come, but cool to finally see the Stabbington Brothers, my favorite awesome enjoyable loser villains:D.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    #224 Radical, Apr 17, 2017
    Last edited: May 1, 2017
  5. TheVileOne

Reporter

Can anyone confirm, is the little old dude's official name for the animation Shorty?

I got to be honest, I'm a little bummed that they've continued using all the thug characters from the movie, but they haven't given them more creative names. It's a minor nitpick, but I remember watching the movie a couple times and wanting to know what these characters should be called. Instead, it ends up being Shorty, Hook Foot, Hook Hand, etc.

6. PinkiePie97

PinkiePie97 Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 1
  7. SweetShop209

SweetShop209 Well-Known Member

8. TheVileOne

Reporter

9. Greg91

Greg91 Member
    Reporter

Challenge of the Brave is probably my favorite episode so far (with Rapunzel's Enemy in second place). At the same time, Cassandra is my least favorite character, so I found it interested that I liked an episode focused on her so much.

I think I just enjoyed Cassandra acting like a jerk so Rapunzel could see how... unlikable she is (at least to me). It also showed how cute and sweet Rapunzel is.

I also enjoyed Danny Trejo as the villain and the fighting in the circle arena was pretty hilarious as characters were thrown around and beaten up. :p

I really liked the line "Are you guys ready, because it's about to get ugly in there." XD

The tough opponents being scared of Wreck Marauder was pretty fun as well. Same with Eugene and Pascal's antics. As much as I like the show not over-relying on the animal characters, Pascal and Maximus always seem underused so I'm glad at least Pascal had something to do.

10. I.R. Shokew

*Screams NO like a madman*

Why would they do that? Well, time to keep an eye on someone.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. TheVileOne

Reporter

[​IMG]

12. Mr.O

Mr.O Active Member

I actually figured a much when I first saw her character design. I'll admit that her being revealed as the daughter of the Capt. of the guard threw me for a loop at first. I figured Mother Gothel could've seduced him to get close to Repunzel, and ended up spawning his offspring, but that would've been to gross for a children's cartoon. This revelation ties up all the loose ends.

BTW, what's so bad about this?

• Agree Agree x 2
  13. TheVileOne

Reporter

I don't have a problem with it in theory. It will depend on how it's ultimately executed. It would sort of explain a lot.

Also, she hasn't technically been confirmed as being the spawn of Gothal yet. But considering how now we know she's adopted, it does reinforce my theory a bit.

14. DeanBurrito25

DeanBurrito25 Well-Known Member

Considering how little we know about her, there's no saying that she couldn't be Gothel's daughter.

Like Eugene eloquently stated, she really doesn't have much in ways of personality. :p

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

As soon as she mentioned being adopted, I instantly thought she might be Gothel's daughter and actually started seeing the resemblance...

• Like Like x 1
  16. Light Lucario

Light Lucario Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

I thought that this episode was pretty good. I do like the idea of Eugene and Cassandra working together and even the way Rapunzel went about it was kind of adorable. Giving them cookies that were also a clue was just fitting. They were starting to work nicely before getting into more and more arguments. I was thrown off by the reveal that Cassandra was adopted. That seems like a detail that should have been brought up sooner, but Eugene already knew about it. As for the theory, I think it could work. She does look a bit like Mother Gothal and it would be an interesting way to incorporate her back into the story. It would come down to execution, but the idea itself doesn't sound bad to me. I liked that it gave something for Eugene and Cassandra to relate to. It clearly hit too close to home for Cassandra, but for a moment, they had a little connection before getting into more arguments.

I liked that the captain was so worried about Cassandra once she was kidnapped. He hasn't had much presence, so it gave a bit of insight into their relationship. Eugene and Cassandra being able to work together in a tight spot was pretty nice and she even fixed the vase for Eugene too. I was hoping that they would be able to be on better terms at least, but the episode ended with them arguing like usual. Maybe it's too early for them to abandon their conflict, but it would have been nice if they were a bit more friendly with each other. Overall, the episode was pretty good.

• Agree Agree x 2
  17. TheVileOne

Reporter

Just remember, Cassandra was the one that led Rapunzel to the spot that caused her hair to grow back. Nothing smells right about Cassandra at all.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  18. UberHamster

UberHamster Member

I really liked Eugene's personality in this episode, very rich.

19. I.R. Shokew

Hence why we gotta keep an eye on her ass. Even if just IMHO.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Radical

Radical The Face of Evil & Epicness!!!!!

The Return of Strongbow was pretty sweet/funny,

Lance Strongbow, my favorite awesome funny new villain/selfish creep, but a great new character being Eugene's old thief friend:D.

Nice of Eugene to not want to go back to his thieving way.

Eugene/Lance's moments during their robbing in the castle was great/funny:p.

Love Lance's sweet character development/heart of gold saving Eugene to take the fall, nice that he develops.

Sweet/bold of Eugene to accept the punishment.

A great ending, nice of Lance doing a good deed.

I hope it comes true with Cassandra being Mother Gothal's puppet, I'll see further episodes.