TALKBACK - Transformers: Robots in Disguise - Series Talkback (SPOILERS)

Discussion in 'The Cartoon Network/Boomerang Cartoon Forum' started by Gatordragon, Mar 14, 2015.

1. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

It's hard to say.

Maybe Hasbro was the one who dictated that they had to have all these arcs and gave them little time to work with them, or alternatively the writers practiced the trend of having most of the show just be standalone episodes and one-offs instead of something more serialized :shrug:.

Back in my day cartoons could focus on intense or complex views and perspectives and we were hooked ;).

I think I'm getting the sense of an upcoming plot twist :sweat:.

Wow, Swerve? Now I have to go back and watch that thing even more closely :p.

I don't think he's a character they could believably redeem even if they wanted to.

• Like Like x 1
  2. JoeMabbon

JoeMabbon Gladiator

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

This Week...

Episode 071 (Series Finale)

Freedom Fighters

As the Bee Team struggles to liberate Cybertron from the High Council, Optimus and his All-Stars fight back the advance force of an Earth-bound Cybertronian invasion!​

• Like Like x 1
  3. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

It's been a pretty long run with the Bee Team. Here's hoping they all go out on a high note ;).

• Like Like x 1
  4. Gold Guy

Gold Guy Ride On
    Staff Member Moderator

When Dropforge said something along the lines of "These High Council guys came outta nowhere", I thought to myself "I'm thinking the same thing!".

The plot twist (Gasp! Decepticons were masquerading as the High Council) was obvious, but well done. Just, it would have more impact if we had previously known any members of the High Council, or these new villains. AT least Cyclonus looks more like himself, now. :p

I had been hoping that they'd catch Steeljaw in the finale, but I guess they needed someone for the "And the adventure continues!" ending.

At they least they got to use their fusion form one last time. After all the time they took to master it, it would have been weird for them to ignore it.

Surprisingly, I don't really have anything to say about the Optimus Prime sub-plot.

Anyway, good enough finale to an OK show. Robots in Disguise will never be my favorite Transformers show, but it at least tried to remain fun throughout. Here's hoping the future is even brighter.

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

I thought this was a pretty solid and fun finale to what was ultimately a fairly solid and fun Transformers cartoon. It didn't reach the kind of high's or memorability of past shows in my opinions, or past series finale's either, but it was still an enjoyable show that I'm happy was able to go out on a good and optimistic note :proud:.

I'm just going to assume Ratchet's force-field technology goes onto become the basis for Trailbreaker's shield :D.

I didn't realize or had forgotten how much Windblade felt like Arcee from Prime until I saw her working in a very Team Prime-esque group under Optimus (especially with Ratchet and Bulkhead in there) :eek:.

Of course Prime gets his pre-requisite saving the day moment in the finale ;).

So the High Council apparently just came out of nowhere and still got voted in by the populace? Were they brainwashing people even back then or did they just run really good election campaigns :rolleyes:?

I almost have to wonder why the High Council needed to completely change their looks to blend in when they could've just changed their faction symbols. I don't think it's been concrete in this continuity whether Cybertronians can just read whatever faction another is without their symbol. Although I guess if any of them were wanted criminals (like pretty much ever Decepticon is on this show), they would've needed the makeover :ack:.

Cyclonus being revealed with a more accurate design and color scheme was pretty nice, even if ultimately there wasn't much to his characterization other then "evil Decepticon visionary frustrated by our heroes." Feels kind of flat for someone who's not only the show's final villain but has been, effectively, the overarching villain of the entire series :sad:.

I was hoping that we'd see Ultra Bee come back in the finale, if only because we finally had the team back together and to re-inforce the "Combiner Force" sub-title, so it was cool to see the finale conclude with a showdown between Ultra Bee and Galvatronus (who was never actually named as such). Especially since Galvatronus gave them a much better fight then Menasor did :cool:.

You have to wonder how many Decepticons fantasize about the possibility of Megatron coming back to liberate them from Autobot oppression, since that seemed to be the main idea behind Cyclonus and his groups' plans :evil:.

Given how Decepticons as a whole seem to be viewed as criminals and bad guys in general, whether because of society or otherwise, and the average Cybetronian citizens seem to be purely Autobots, I can almost understand why they would dream about Megatron coming back to effectively save them...

I liked the touch that Prime didn't want to partake in government because he's not a politician, but that he also wants to take a break from fighting. That feels pretty true to his character :).

I love how Optimus just decides to make the temporary High Council the four people he teamed-up with an hour ago rather then anyone with actual political or leadership experience. I mean, Ratchet I can buy, but still :rolleyes2:.

Wasn't Ratchet the original Earth liaison back in the day, y'know, when the Autobots were working with the humans? Whatever happened to that :confused:?

I love how Cyberwarp gives the heroes hope that the Autobots and Decepticons can one day reconcile even though she's probably the least Decepticon-y 'Con in the entire franchise and still partook in the brainwashing plan for a good amount of time :p.

I wasn't surprised to see Team Bee decide to stay on Earth after all the time they've spent there with Denny and Russell and how at home they've become there over the course of the series. Although with pretty much every Decepticon captured, I don't think there's going to be much for them to do other then hunt down Steeljaw :sweat:.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Fone Bone

Fone Bone Matt Zimmer

Transformers: Robots In Disguise: Combiner Force "Freedom Fighters"

Reasonably satisfied with that ending, if not the entire series. Better ending than TMNT got at any rate. It was a little too much "Autobots win because we work together as a team!" but it didn't suck.

I was a little disappointed the High Council were Decepticons in disguise simply because corrupt Autobots were a much more interesting concept. I also think Cyclonus' plan was missing one key element: Megatron's consent to return. In Predacons Rising Megatron seemed pretty clear in disbanding the Decepticons, and that he no longer had the need for conquest. If he hadn't changed his mind, Cyclonus would have been screwed.

Return of Ratchet's "I needed that!" I'm still not sure why that's funny. Must be Jeffrey Combs' line reading.

Good ending. ****.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. SweetShop209

SweetShop209 Well-Known Member

I dis not think that Brooke Goldner would be in this series but considering her father is Brian Goldner, a CEO at Hasbro, it's no surprise. She was actually really good.

Oh, and the finale was a good way to end the show.

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. JoeMabbon

JoeMabbon Gladiator

The mind control was the only thing I had problem with. Still feels like a cheap plot device. Other than that it was a pretty solid finale.

Now Red Alert's (He's confirmed now) gonna be even more paranoid and worried that the New Council is Reptili Decepticons.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Carlos Gutierrez

Should this show rev up and roll out a Season 4 anytime soon?

• Like Like x 1
  10. Astroboy6969

Astroboy6969 I've got the magic touch (DING)!

I see what you did there :), but I think this show already ended, and I don't think a 4th season is needed.

• Like Like x 1
  11. jaylop97

jaylop97 Well-Known Member

3 seasons was enough, it really doesn't have much of a high demand for a 4th unfortunately.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. JoeMabbon

JoeMabbon Gladiator

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  13. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

I had honestly forgotten Glowstrike never transformed (granted, she never really did anything to begin with). She looks like a more deadly Waspinator...

Man, I wish we could've seen Starscream's new jet mode in action :sad:.

Sideswipe in blue looks weird, but they're going for a retro hot rod for his Alt mode would've been interesting :).

Also interesting that Steeljaw's design got progressively more wolf-y over time o_O.

Whatever my issue with the show story-wise, I always thought RiD's art and character designs were pretty great ;).

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1