1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Just in time for Halloween, enter for a chance to win a $50 Gift Card from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

TALKBACK - Transformers: Robots in Disguise - Series Talkback (SPOILERS)

Discussion in 'The Cartoon Network/Boomerang Cartoon Forum' started by Gatordragon, Mar 14, 2015.

1. Gold Guy

Gold Guy Ride On
    Staff Member Moderator

Neither. We're only about halfway through this season. However, I believe it's been confirmed that this is the final season. Don't worry, I'm very confident that Soundwave will make his big return any week now.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

I'm going to be pretty disappointed if we don't see them touch on what happened to Megatron at least once by the end of the series.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Gold Guy

Gold Guy Ride On
    Staff Member Moderator

Trust me, as Megatron was my favorite villain in Prime, I completely agree. I can't picture him as someone who would have completely stayed out of the action this long.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. JoeMabbon

JoeMabbon Dwarf-in-a-flask

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

This Week...

Episode 063

Breathing Room

When Bumblebee, Sideswipe and Strongarm are captured by Steeljaw's Pack, Fixit works to keep 'Cons at bay while the captured Autobots attempt to escape.​

• Like Like x 1
  5. Gold Guy

Gold Guy Ride On
    Staff Member Moderator

So I had told myself that I wouldn't complain about Strongarm and Sideswipe's arguments too much because it was clear that the writers would never let them outgrow that.

But man, it reached a whole new level in this one. They were being completely immature and petty in the first half; Strongarm even put on her police siren when chasing Sideswipe, which seems like a bad move to me...

Also, the official plot summary is a bit misleading, because it makes it seem like Fixit would get a large focus...but not really.o_O

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. JoeMabbon

Yeah, I wouldn't mind seeing a Decepticon focused episode. Steeljaw's frustrations and the mysterious deal are the most interesting parts of this arc so far.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

I know the Autobots don't mind sleeping in a cave, but you got to feel bad for Russell and Denny :(.

Sideswipe and Strongarm's bickering has been a staple of this series from the start, but it can feel annoying seeing it get rehashed for the umpteenth time with no resolution or significant development other then the two begrudgingly admitting they can work together by the end of the episode :rolleyes:.

I guess since it's obvious the 'Cons aren't physical matches for the Autobots at this point, even with Thunderhoof and Underbite, they need all this Cybertronian tech to boost them :ack:.

That seems like a huge flaw in Quillfire's construction that he doesn't even know what exactly his quill's will do when he throws them :sweat:.

The Decepticons using the train to escape after Bumblebee made a train quip? Now that's irony :rolleyes2:.

• Like Like x 1
  8. JoeMabbon

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

This Week...

Episode 064

Prepare For Departure

The Bee Team struggles to recover a canister of radioactive fuel rods, while Grimlock struggles to learn the difference between work and play.​

• Like Like x 1
    #608 JoeMabbon, Sep 22, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 22, 2017
  9. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

"Prepare for Departure." Uh...where are we departing too :confused:?

I guess if anyone is unsure about Soundwave's involvement in what's going on, this episode pretty much confirms he's involved in whatever's going on with Cybertron that got Steeljaw and his pack released :eek:.

It's so great getting to finally hear Frank Welker as Soundwave again, complete with the voice modulator in full effect :D.

I missed seeing Denny and Russell dressing up in their disguises. Although I don't think Steeljaw even knows them well enough to recognize them among all the other humans on Earth that he doesn't care a lick about :sweat:.

The friction between Steeljaw and Thunderhoof is interesting, especially since Thunderhoof was one of the earliest members of Steeljaw's Pack but probably the most vocal one in his disagreements, and now that's starting to really blow over in the group. I'm curious to see how that might develop :ack:.

Sideswipe clumsily trying to give Grimlock words of wisdom was pretty funny :p.

Grimlock's childish logic in this episode would give his G1 counterpart a run for his money :harley:.

Can't say I was expecting that kook to show up again. Can't say I really cared for his appearance here either. Though Fixit realizing how badly he screwed-up was kind of funny :rolleyes2:.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. JoeMabbon

Again, I feel myself drawn more to the antagonists than the heroes.

I really hope we get more plot spread out in the remaining episodes, because I'm getting worried that we're just get gonna get another big infodump in the season finale. Like we have for most of the series story arcs (Megatronus, Decepticon Island, Starscream).

I like to think that even the 3rd graders this episode was talking down to were confused by how dopey Grimlock was acting.

I couldn't laugh because I was just thinking about all the better Infowars crazies from other shows and things.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Gold Guy

Gold Guy Ride On
    Staff Member Moderator

Pretty standard episode. The Grimlock dilemma was beyond silly, and that crazy old man was only there for giggles, but it was fun hearing Soundwave again, and Steeljaw is entertaining throughout (although with the way he's acting, he would almost deserve it if the others go all insubordinate on him!)

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Also of note was this episode was written by the late, great, Len Wein who recently passed away.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  13. Gold Guy

Gold Guy Ride On
    Staff Member Moderator

Wow, really? Wein was a great writer at times (he wrote some episodes of Batman: TAS). I had no idea he had passed away; my condolences to his family.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. JoeMabbon

I wonder what made the "Benefactors" on Cybertron choose Steeljaw and this group of Decepticons? Underbite and Thunderhoof are pretty powerful, but Quillfire and Clampdown?

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

I guess they just thought of the Pack as a group deal, so they sprung all of Steeljaw's people.

I'm surprised they didn't bring Fracture with them, but that's probably because Drift's gone :sweat:.

• Like Like x 1
  16. JoeMabbon

Yeah, Fracture's been gone since season 1. What happened there? Did his VA leave the show? Did his toy not sell well?

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. JoeMabbon

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

This Week...

Episode 065

Prisoner Principles

Strongarm struggles with the correct way to treat a prisoner while also helping the Bee team keep Steeljaw and his pack from wreaking havoc at the nuclear power plant.​

• Like Like x 1
  18. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

You'd think Strongarm, of all 'Bots, would no how to treat a prisoner. Unless there's no kind of Cybertronian code of conduct or Geneva Convention for that kind of thing :sweat:.

"Nuclear power plant?" That's so G1 :p.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Gold Guy

Gold Guy Ride On
    Staff Member Moderator

It's refreshing getting a Strongarm episode that didn't involve her arguing with Sideswipe too much.

But, speaking of Sideswipe, he came across as really cold here. He really didn't care if the Decepticons died or not...

One thing that unfortunately stood out in the climax was - why did Bumblebee try to hold the door open when Grimlock was right there? He could have had the much stronger Grimlock do it.

The crab was actually pretty amusing here without being annoying. Also nice to see the Autobots make some progress by capturing most of the villains.

• Agree Agree x 2
  20. JoeMabbon

I liked this one. I think this is maybe the best ep of the arc so far. It was nice to deal with something a little more weighty than kid morality.

As harsh as it sounds, Sideswipe's attitude is basically how half the country feels about terrorists and criminals.

They'll probably just escape again. I did like how each Decepticon responded to their cell at the end.

• Agree Agree x 2