1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Just in time for Halloween, enter for a chance to win a $50 Gift Card from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

TALKBACK - The Amazing World of Gumball - "The Puppets" - [10/6]

Discussion in 'The Cartoon Network/Boomerang Cartoon Forum' started by Gatordragon, Oct 5, 2017.

1. Gatordragon

Gatordragon You are a pebble against a mountain!

[​IMG]

Episode 190
    [​IMG]
    Friday at 7:00p/6:00c!

The Puppets
    Premieres
    FRIDAY at 7:00 PM

This week...

While searching the attic for items to put in their yard sale, Gumball and Darwin stumble upon a load of their old toys. Darwin is especially pleased when he finds his old puppets, Frank and Howdy. However, as Darwin starts playing with them again, Gumball gradually realizes that Frank and Howdy are actually playing with Darwin...
    Guest Starring: Rebecca Sloan and Baker Terry as Grady, Frankie, and Howdy
    Note: Puppets were performed by This Is It (the collective behind the YouTube series, "Don't Hug Me I'm Scared")​

2. Anonymoususer2004

Anonymoususer2004 Excelsior!

The Puppets was obviously amazing. As a fan of DHMIS, I could appreciate the great puppetry in this episode along with the creepiness. I wish it was creepier, then again this is Cartoon Network. It was perfect to air this month, instead of when it was allegedly supposed to air in September.

3. jaylop97

jaylop97 L Twins

Eh not a fan of Darwin episodes where he does something that nearly endangers him and Gumball. Though I will sayI found the part with Billy in the end funny.

4. I.R. Shokew

I.R. Shokew DISGRACED and Rooting ONLY for Underdogs

I don't have much to say about this one, but man was it a High Tier effort - seriously, compared to other scenarios about a kid putting away childish things because they're not cool to have around anymore, this was very well executed, managing to be both hilarious and scary at the same time like good dark comedy should be. In fact, this was a much better attempt at a Halloween special than whatever We Bare Bears did with this setup, but with dolls, honestly - simply because it also shows how dangerous one's imagination can be when not completely in control of it at a young age like Gumball and Darwin were, if that puppet world, turned prison by the end in need of escaping and destruction, was any indication.

I think the only downside was they didn't get to that puppet world, where the conflict of this episode really gets really interesting and legit scary (seriously, while a bit on the tame side, this is what the folks behind Don't Hug Me, I'm Scared are known for doing quite well when they were around - scaring the crap out of you with puppet shows usually aimed at toddlers.), sooner - besides it being Darwin's fault as usual bad stuff happened to people he cares about, simply for being too nice for his own good.

• Funny Funny x 1