TALKBACK - Steven Universe - Episodes 133-138 - [11/10 (Online)]

Discussion in 'The Cartoon Network/Boomerang Cartoon Forum' started by PinkiePie97, Nov 10, 2017.

1. PinkiePie97

PinkiePie97 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Episodes 133-138
    [​IMG]
    Online November 10!

Dewey Wins
    Premieres
    (Online) FRIDAY 11/10

This week...
    Steven helps Mayor Dewey run a difficult campaign.
    ----

Raising the Barn
    Premieres
    (Online) FRIDAY 11/10

This week...
    Pumpkin goes missing!

----
    Gemcation
    Premieres
    (Online) FRIDAY 11/10

This week...
    Greg and the Gems take Steven on vacation to help him relax.
    ----

Back to the Kindergarten
    Premieres
    (Online) FRIDAY 11/10

This week...
    Steven, Amethyst and Peridot try to spruce up the Kindergarten.
    ----

Sadie Killer
    Premieres
    (Online) FRIDAY 11/10

This week...
    Steven and the Cool Kids start a band, but they have trouble finding their sound.
    ----

Kevin Party
    Premieres
    (Online) FRIDAY 11/10

This week...
    Kevin is throwing a party, and Steven is invited.​

2. Toon4Thought

Toon4Thought Giving a slightly closer look.

I'll be watching all these in about three hours. I'm honestly completely in favor of CN migrating to streaming services, especially given they went out of their way to hype this event.

3. Checkerboard

Checkerboard THE HOME OF THE TOP TOON STARS

I see this as a test the waters project. If it works they might continue.

4. Toon4Thought

It could very well be, considering they pushed this super hard on their social media.

And I for one would be in favor of them continuing to do it this way.

5. Checkerboard

Checkerboard THE HOME OF THE TOP TOON STARS

I agree it seems too significant of a release not to be. If the numbers are good I guess there's not many arguments to prevent it from repeating. As long as the premieres also later debut on TV I would be more less okay with it. Other channels, even in Europe, are testing a similar approach.

6. Toon4Thought

We already know these will debut on TV in December. I'm not sure why the gap is this big, as by that point the vast majority of people interested would have already seen the episodes, which kind of defeats the purpose except maybe to qualify it for iTunes and Google Play.

7. JTZ

JTZ Member

I hope we will eventually get some more light-hearted episodes. The drama was really heavy in these.

It were decent episodes, especially the Peridot ones. But honestly, I feel like they could have resolved the whole Steven-Connie-tension after one episode instead of dragging it out over six. I mean the guy saved a bunch of people from live-long imprisonment, she could give him credit for that. Also, I know this is a cartoon, and they wanted to emphasise on the drastic consequences Kindergartens have on the planet, but there is no way anything can ever be so polluted no life will ever grow again.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Dudley

Dudley Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

I’m surprised no one got mad at Steven and the gems for the abductions. They really do avoid dealing with the gems as much as they can. Weird.

I’m glad Lapis is gone. She started off as a plot device, and hasn’t been really likable as a character. Where is Peridot gonna stay now though? Still in Steven’s bathroom?

Happy for Sadie for quitting her job. It’s a dead end job and she it sucks that her boss never got anyone to take up Lars’ shifts. Don’t know what she’s gonna do for money though.

And Kevin helped bring Steven and Connie together. Who would’ve guessed? I do think it’s nice how he admires Stevonnie though.

Not too eventful in terms of episodes, but it was nice to watch see new episodes again. It’ll be interesting to see if the show will be released like this from now on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9. Perla Magica

Perla Magica Freeform? What's THAT?!

So I guess everything has changed in six episodes. Oh my gosh, I'm so glad for Steven and Connie that they reconcile with each other in the last episode, sometimes I forgot how great relationships can be pretty well written in this show. :D

We ALMOST got some new info about Pink Diamond in "Gemcation" It would be nice to hear something more of "gem lore". From now, more and more mysteries of PD.

And also... Goodbye, Lapis. :(

10. ToonJay723

ToonJay723 Bingo Bongo

Dewey Wins

The townspeople seem a tad unfair. Saving a kidnapped boy from outer space is more of NASA's responsibility, rather than a mayor of a small town. But Dewey's lack on concern doesn't help him.

Raising the Barn

I have to agree with @Dudley, Lapis hasn't been integral to the plot since the beginning of season three. Maybe the writers realized this and wrote her off. Shame, I liked her character.

Back to the Kindergarten

When was the last time they fought a gem monster? It feels like it been years.

Kevin's Party

Kevin has really hit rock bottom. Asking, what he thinks are, seven year olds to come to his party to make himself look cool. Sad. At least his stunt got Steven and Connie back together.

A good round of episodes, a step up from season four. These "Beach City" episodes moved the plot along and developed characters.

11. Elijah Abrams

Elijah Abrams Just deal with it!

I really enjoyed the new episodes today too! So happy that Connie and Steven are back together!

Also, about the new episode thing you guys were talking about above, maybe it would be the townie/filler episodes that would be released on the CN app first. The heavy, story-driven ones would premiere on TV first.

12. zoombie

zoombie Well-Known Member

Dewey Wins

An okay start to the arc. Steven was being oblivious to Connie's feelings, and really I expect better from Steven, being in touch with feelings, is Steven's thing.

Dewey really is terrible at this job, maybe he needed a break, Beach City needs a new mayor.

Gemcation

So a vacation episode, and Steven acts like a millenial being obsessed with his phone, that is funny to see.

The star of the episode Ronaldo just doesn't know when to take a hint.

So this Steven / Connie is going to be arc?

Raise The Barn

Seems Lapis is the only the character that is taking what happened with Steven in Homeworld serious. The Crystal Gems seem to take it in stride.

So if you think of Pumpkin as Lapis and Peridot's kid, what you saw here was a divorce or separation, with Lapis taking the house, and Peridot having custody of Pumpkin.

Man poor Peridot, her life has come a part again. I wonder will Lapis bump into Lars and the Off Colors.

Back To The Kindergarten

So this is Peridot dealing with the after math of the previous episode. With Lapis out of the picture, Amedot might become a thing again?

So the Shorty Squad is back in this being a sequel to both "The Runaway" and "Too Short Too Ride", Peridot trying to re find her purpose, and being her old cranky self, this was a nice episode.

I wonder what Peridot will do next.

Sadie Killer

A Sadie episode, I can dig that. So we got more development with Sadie and her relationship with the Cool Kids. She is actually part of the group, that is nice to see.

I love the song, that is the high light for me. And I can understand Sadie's frustration.

So Sadie quit her job, so the Big Donut has no employees, well there is an opening for former mayor Dewey.

Kevin's Party

So this is how this Steven / Connie ends. And who is the center focus in all this, Kevin of all people. Kevin kind of help.

I actually found Kevin amusing in this episode, I never found him amusing in the past. They really teased us with Stevonnie, I thought she would appear, but I guess not.

I wish Steven would have ignored Kevin's advice and talk with Connie sooner. I am glad Steven and Connie worked things out, I love Connie's new hair due. And Connie had Lion all along, I guess we just forgot about him.

All and all, this bomb as okay, but nothing special expect for maybe Lapis leaving.

13. O-chan

O-chan Active Member

This hasn't been mentioned so far but rewatching Gemcation the whole Pearl talk seemed to have something revealing about Pearl. At first it seems she's just so consumed with grief about the whole Pink Diamond thing but upon closer inspection it seemed more like she had something going on with her that prevented her from giving sensitive information. Knowing the nature of Pearls it puts new light on Pearl's "independence". It also made me think of Back to the Moon where when the Pink Diamond shattering was revealed she made a similar gesture.

14. Corwin Haught

Corwin Haught Member

I'm glad these came out in a online bomb format, because I wouldn't have liked waiting weeks for the Connie/Steven drama to resolve itself.

• Like Like x 2
  15. Toon4Thought

Not the best batch to start the show back up after 5 1/2 months, but it's still pretty dang good and as a follow-up to Wanted, it proves quite effective.

My favorite was probably "Sadie Killer", for presenting a very relatable conflict that felt really fitting given the current state of the show, plus one of the more unique songs of the series to date. "Kevin Party" was a close second though, as that one had moments of very good presentation and emotion, plus Kevin actually trying to help someone (even if it is to ultimately indulge his own selfish desires), and was overall a great end to this mini-arc.

16. Dr.Pepper

Dr.Pepper Well-Known Member

My random thoughts:
    1. I’m kind of sad that Lapis is gone. I kind of liked her.
    2. I busted a gut at the part where Peridot was laying face down in Steven’s bathroom. I know this is really immature, but it was like she was passed out drunk.
    3. I laughed at Kevin calling Steven “Clarence”. I’m not sure if it was a deliberate reference but I took it as.
    4. There’s another gem monster!
    5. What a tease with Garnet about to talk about Pink Diamond.

17. Toon4Thought

Yeah, that line broke me. Maybe he somehow looked at Uncle Grandpa's list at the end of Say Uncle?

18. SaneMan

SaneMan Well-Known Member

well, at least we got some status-quo changes

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. Funkatron

Funkatron Active Member

Are these available on VOD or only on the app?

20. PinkiePie97

PinkiePie97 Well-Known Member

Both.