1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Just in time for Halloween, enter for a chance to win a $50 Gift Card from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

TALKBACK - Sonic Boom - Season 2 (SPOILERS)

Discussion in 'The Cartoon Network/Boomerang Cartoon Forum' started by Daikun, Oct 29, 2016.

1. Daikun

Daikun Long Live the Fighter!

Welcome back! It's been nearly a year since Sonic Boom aired its season finale, and now season 2 begins!

I was originally reluctant to start this thread due to CN's uncertain scheduling over the second season. They had an airing for today at 6AM, yet future episodes in November are suddenly removed? That didn't make sense. But now that I see the show is officially airing (I literally have my TV on right now), it's time to get this talkback started!

[​IMG]

S2E1 - Tommy Thunder: Method Actor

Synopsis: Bigshot movie actor Tommy Thunder follows Sonic and friends to come up with ideas for his new movie.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Lerkero

Lerkero Active Member

Is 6AM even a desirable timeslot for new airings? Sometimes it seems like Cartoon Network is really trying to sabotage these shows. I can't even watch the new Sonic Boom episode on CN.com and they're usually uploaded by now.

3. Daikun

4. RDG

RDG Aspiring animator/filmmaker and Ugliest Man Alive

It's about to get worse: CN has permanently replaced Sonic Boom with Steven Universe on Saturdays.

5. jaylop97

jaylop97 L Twins

I really liked this episode for the most part, unfortunately I just hate it whenever a character like Sonic cops out and gives a dud like Tommy (whatever his real name is?) the credit for saving the day, and the characters thanking him for doing so, that just doesn't sit well with me.

But for the most part I did like the action, and Comedy Chimp of course :D in this episode, especially when Eggman shows up after Tommy says he can take him down, those moments really where good, So I give this episode a 6.9/10.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Radical

Radical The Face of Evil & Epicness!!!!!

Cartoon Network continues to be terrible for Sonic Boom, agreeing with Lerkero, Cartoon Network loves to sabotage the awesome shows, jerkwads, ugh,

Season 2 of Sonic Boom I'll enjoy, Tommy Thunder: Method Actor was great/funny,

Amy, Knuckles, and Sticks being Tommy's fans was funny.

Nice seeing Comedy Chimp, Soar the Eagle, and the Weasel Bandits, cool that the Weasel Bandits' masks matches Team Sonic's colors.

Tommy Thunder, my favorite new antagonist, his massive ego/arrogance annoying Sonic was enjoyable/funny for me, nice that he's a tiger, love tigers.

Dr. Eggman, great/enjoyable, funny that he hates wearing pants, hehehe:p.

The Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog background theme music was awesome!!!!!

Sonic is right that Tommy is a phony, hehehe.

#6 Radical, Nov 4, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 8, 2016
  7. RDG

RDG Aspiring animator/filmmaker and Ugliest Man Alive

At this rate, they oughta move the premieres to Boomerang, where they're airing it in a much better timeslot (even though not many homes have that network.)

8. jaylop97

jaylop97 L Twins

Which would be a good idea but it is never going to happen even after all of this they are still going to air SB on CN.

9. D-nice is the man.

Yeah, the Season 2 Premiere episode: Tommy Thunder: Method Actor was an good episode especially the music they used while Sonic was fighting Eggman's robot was similar to the Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog theme song, in case nobody noticed.

10. Daikun

...and they're doing just that. The next episode will air on Boomerang on November 19 at 6PM (EST).

• Like Like x 1
  11. Gold Guy

Gold Guy Ride On
    Staff Member Moderator

...Great. I don't even get Boomerang.

12. D-nice is the man.

The New Episodes will re-air on Cartoon Network the week after, so don't worry.

13. Gold Guy

Gold Guy Ride On
    Staff Member Moderator

I'm more annoyed at the fact that CN actually let a spin-off channel pass them in premieres, and I don't even think it was intentional! I could be wrong, but...it just seems like shoddy planning to me.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Toons Fan

Toons Fan Member

• Informative Informative x 1
  15. jaylop97

jaylop97 L Twins

^Finally something is said, and it is official.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Daikun

New episodes continue on Boomerang!

S2E2 - Spacemageddonocalypse

Synopsis: When Dr. Eggman learns of an asteroid that is traveling towards their planet, Sonic and his friends try to figure out how to destroy it.

Enjoy the episode at 6PM (EST)!

17. Daikun

S2E3 - Nutwork

Synopsis: Sticks works to create her own podcast that becomes popular enough to lead into her receiving an offer to take part in a television news show.

Enjoy the episode at 6PM (EST) on Boomerang!

18. Daikun

S2E4 - Alone Again, Unnaturally

Synopsis: Sonic and Tails test out an invention to make Sonic even faster, but he goes so fast he disappears.

Enjoy the episode at 6PM (EST) on Boomerang! Also, the previous two episodes will make their CN premieres today at 6AM!

#18 Daikun, Dec 3, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 3, 2016
  19. Gold Guy

Gold Guy Ride On
    Staff Member Moderator

Spacemageddoncalypse was fun - the 2001 parody bits were the best part ("Why is this taking so long? I'm getting bored").

Nutwork wasnt as good (not a Sticks fan). and the "I can't handle the truth" line was a bit forced.

20. Bill Burns

Bill Burns New Member

It was actually the song they originally used in the old 90's Sega Genesis Sonic games when Sonic gets a invincibility tv box item power up.