TALKBACK - Scooby-Doo! Mystery Incorporated - "The Night the Clown Cried" - [ONLINE]

Discussion in 'The Cartoon Network/Boomerang Cartoon Forum' started by BrianLeague, Mar 30, 2012.

1. BrianLeague

BrianLeague New Member

[​IMG][​IMG]

Episode 027 - [​IMG] -Number 201

The Night the Clown Cried
    Available on
    On Demand

In this episode...
    With the gang split up, Crystal Cove is being tormented by an evil-man-baby called Crybaby Clown!

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 2, 2012
  2. The Huntsman

The Huntsman Friend of Toon Zone

If this is a one time thing, I won't read too much into it. However, if episodes get added each week, it's not going to be a good omen.

3. Looney Tunes Fan

Looney Tunes Fan Moon Prism Power, Make Up!

Uh Oh. This can't be good. Whenever something like this happens, it might mean...I think you can fill in the rest of the puzzle.:sweat:

4. King_of_doom

King_of_doom kiva fan

WOW, CN really doesn't give hamburgers for their shows, they had alot of time to show the 2nd season but no, they decided to give it a looonnnngggggg hiatus and this happens. what are they thinking? Just hope it happen to Korra just showing a taste then show it on TV soon.

5. magicdog

magicdog New Member

The business decisions of CN baffle me! Bad enough they chose to wait 10 months after the season finale to debut season 2 . Now they decide to release the season premiere online rather than debuting it sooner on the network.

Oh well!

My thoughts on the ep:

This is a darker than usual episode.

I do hate the fact that Fred is yet again the butt of jokes. Considering the events of the season finale, I had hoped we'd moved past that and get a bit more serious.

I loved how it was Velma who was the mystery man who got the ball rolling on getting the gang back together!

Fred: "Velma!"

Velma: "Who were you expecting? Rorschach?"

Baylor Hotner from the Dusk movies. Ha!

Crybaby Clown seems to be the Joker of the SDMI world. Fitting since he's voiced by Mark Hamill. It seems strange he should want to hold Crystal Cove for ransom, not to mention killing tourism there. Makes me wonder if we will hear money issues are part of Velma's family's future because of him.

I can't believe they blew up City Hall! Poor Mayor Nettles probably didn't have much time to settle in.

Loved the nod to Steve McQueen in "The Great Escape" .

I'm disappointed Shaggy (Private Hippie!) didn't learn anything cool during his stay at Military school. I was hoping he'd unleash some mad skillz once he got out.

Shaggy & Scooby's zombie makeup was suitably creepy.

Daphne's definitely moved on. I actually felt for Fred when it finally hit him that she wasn't coming. Frank Welker did a great job vocally emoting the final scenes.

Now that Crybaby's escaped, what's next?

Mystery Indorkarated! Good if predictable insult.

6. BrianLeague

BrianLeague New Member

This episode is now available On Demand, for those who want to see it there.

7. Evil Jeremy

Evil Jeremy New Member

Oh my god, I thought this was an April Fools Day prank. Its about time the new season gets rolling!

8. Gold Starz

Gold Starz "Evil Resides In Crystal Cove"

My god. That was both depressing and exciting at the same time.

Also, guys, they're just giving people a sneak peek, relax, they'll start premiering new episodes in May like they promised, just relax a bit, 'kay. CN isn't ALWAYS a bunch of screw ups.

9. Evil Jeremy

Evil Jeremy New Member

What an incredible episode.

My favorite bit has to be Scooby's "Mission Impossible" style escape. In fact, Scooby was great this episode. From his conversation in the car with the new mayor, to the talking to the cow, "leave my Private Hippie alone" (and later "military school did you a lot of good")
    i
    Also, good episode for Pvt. Hippie ("it has a mind of it's own"). And Velma the vigilante was also brilliant ("where was this affection when we were dating?"). I could have done without the Twilight spoof. I loved the first shot of Hobo Fred going house to house. What an incredible beard he has grown.

Which reminds me, how much time is supposed to have passed since season 1 ended?

Finally, looking forward to this new enemy. Mark Hamil is never a bad thing.

10. BrianLeague

BrianLeague New Member

It seems that this release was a mistake, not on purpose. The episode has been removed from CartoonNetwork.com and Xfinity TV. It is, however, still On Demand.

11. Lanmanna

Lanmanna New Member

I was about to say. Scooby Doo is CN's golden child and couldn't believe they would treat it like that.

12. Evil Jeremy

Evil Jeremy New Member

Well, if the upfront is to be believed, CN cancelled their golden child...

13. Jonwo

Jonwo New Member

I wonder if the fact they didn't catch Crybaby Clown may lead to an episode with

I imagine the next few episodes will be about trying to get Daphne back on the team and also restart the ongoing arc with the treasure and Pericles.

14. magicdog

magicdog New Member

The show was contracted to go for two seasons (52 eps), so I wouldn't be surprised if the show goes after it runs its course. That may be why CN seems to have moved on. That doesn't mean I agree with the show's treatment by the suits, however.

Considering Crybaby is the most dangerous foe they've gone up against and seems like the kind of villian
    would deal with, that would make sense. Of course

15. Gold Starz

Gold Starz "Evil Resides In Crystal Cove"

Actually CN obviously made a mistake because if it was going to appear at all THIS YEAR it would be at the Upfront.

16. Jonwo

Jonwo New Member

My idea would be that

17. King_of_doom

King_of_doom kiva fan

Probably giving some hype so everyone will be ready for season 2.

18. Dusty

Dusty Superman.

This was fun, and man! They really aren't fond of the "Twilight" series are they? lol,
    I can't wait for this season, I hope Daphne comes to her senses, and they bust this Clown. ;)

D.

19. magicdog

magicdog New Member

The episode didn't mention it that I remember. Judging by Fred's beard (Rip Van Winkle would be jealous!), and whatever time to took for Mayor Jones to have been removed from office and Ms. Nettles to have been elected, I'd say it's been a couple of months. Probably the equivelant of a semester.

20. Dusty

Dusty Superman.

Completely randome question/thought... But did anyone elso notice that Fred's arms look a little bigger than they did in Season one?... just wondering... ;)

D.