TALKBACK - Scooby-Doo! Mystery Incorporated - [7/31 - 8/3]

Discussion in 'The Cartoon Network/Boomerang Cartoon Forum' started by BrianLeague, Jul 31, 2012.

1. BrianLeague

BrianLeague Active Member

[​IMG][​IMG]

New Episodes - [​IMG] - Weekdays @ 2PM/1C!

Tuesday, July 31, 2012:
    The House of the Nightmare Witch
    Episode 28 - Number 202
    A museum exhibit, the house of the nightmare witch, Baba Yaga, comes to life and begins to wreak havoc.

Wednesday, August 1, 2012
    The Night the Clown Cried II: Tears of Doom
    Episode 29 - Number 203
    Fred tries to get Daphne back while Crybaby Clown returns to rob Crystal Cove.

Thursday, August 2, 2012
    Web of the Dreamweaver
    Episode 30 - Number 204
    A creature called the Dreamweaver starts haunting people's dreams, hypnotizing them into giving up possessions.

Friday, August 3, 2012

The Hodag of Horror
    Episode 31 - Number 205
    A creature called The Hodag of Horror attacks Crystal Cove.

[VIEWING PARTY PACK!]
    [video=facebook;10100122080890737]http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10100122080890737[/video]

SPOILERS ARE NOT TOLERATED
    Please, no talks of future episodes, events, and etc! All spoilers must be sent through PM! This talkback is ONLY about these episodes and episodes that have already aired on Cartoon Network.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 31, 2012
  2. The Huntsman

The Huntsman Friend of Toon Zone

I guess the weekly thread doesn't get as much attention as individual talkback threads, but it's for the best. Today's episode was good. I just wonder how long they'll hold out before Daphne rejoins the team. It's inevitably going to happen.

3. Brad12

Brad12 New Member

Huntsman i have a question about Mr. E AKA Ricky Owens. I remember that he was trying to help Mystery incorporated solve the mystery from last season. I remember how the gang wasn't sure they trusted him but i think im missing sometihng. Why does he want to get rid of them?

4. NovelleX

NovelleX Destroyer of Threads

Good episode, but I don't think Hot Dog Water's staying for long, since Mr. E. now has a reason to dispose of her and Velma.

5. Daffyfan2003

Daffyfan2003 New Member

Yeah. I know what you mean. Otherwise they would have had to remove her name from the opening credits. : ) Hopefully, she'll eventually realize what an egomaniac Baylor is and she'll return to Fred.

Yeah. I wonder about that. I thought he was sort of their friend as well, maybe we'll find out later on what's going on with that.

6. NovelleX

I think he's just mad that Pericles got away with two pieces of the disc. Meaning that time is running out and they'll have to rush in order to beat him, and thus, he doesn't want to deal with any further screw-ups in his plan.

7. Dudley

Dudley Moderator

I lost it with the back abs. I like those kind of visual gags.

8. Light Lucario

Light Lucario Moderator

I thought that this was a pretty good episode. I was confused as to why they didn't resolve that Man Baby Clown mystery first, especially when Velma and Hot Dog Water were suddenly in Russia when the last episode left them with some of the town being on fire. Still, it was kind of interesting to see them get someone else into the group, even though it wasn't too surprising that Mr. E was using her as a means to get information from Mystery Incorporated. Having Mr. E become a villain was kind of surprising considering that he was trying to help them out last season, but he's probably really determined to get the rest of the disks before Pericles does.

The funniest part for me was when Fred showed his teddy bear dressed exactly like Daphne with her real hair to boot. It was creepy, but so hilarious at the same time. I felt kind of bad for Freddie, especially at the end when he went on about how much he misses her. I can still understand why Daphne is upset with him, but at the same time, I think she's being too hard on him considering what happened to him before he left. Even so, I doubt that she'll be gone from the group that much longer, especially if Hot Dog Water turns on them because of Mr. E, and I can't see them dragging that out longer than the first five episodes of the season anyway.

9. NovelleX

Hmm, now that you mention it. The reason they aren't playing the intro anymore, could it possibly be because Daphne isn't in the group anymore?

10. Brad12

Brad12 New Member

tbh most of CN's shows intros are short. If you watch Young Justice Thundercats or Green Lantern look at their intros. Young Justice used to be long but now it just shows the title and thats it. I knew this would happen to Scooby Doo and it'll probably do that through the entire season. It'll prob happen to the second season of the looney tunes show too.

11. Light Lucario

Light Lucario Moderator

It is possible that they're saving playing the whole intro for when Daphne comes back to the group. Though, it's more likely that they cut down the intro for the new episodes, even though the first season episodes that they aired on Sunday had the full opening. Still, either explanation sound pretty possible to me.

12. HEATXZ

HEATXZ Duck Knght

Great episode :D
    Good to have Mr.E back and also Hot Dog Water joins the gang
    My favorite parts are Back Abs and Fred having a Teddy Bear with Daphne's Hair XD

13. NovelleX

A changed intro with Hot Dog Water in place of Daphne would have been an interesting treat if you ask me.

Anywho, it looks like the gang returns to the Cry Baby Clown case tomorrow, maybe now they can get Hot Dog Water to drop the zombie donut or whatever nonsensical trap they have.

14. protege

protege New Member

I liked the Mystery itself, but this overall arc with the original Mystery inc. is still a turnoff. i was really ticked with the way last season ended. I can't really remember who pericles was working for, or if he's in it for himself. Glad to see the Sherriff is a little more competent, but I 'm still not liking how the parents aren't supportive of Mystery inc. Also, what's the point of having fred look for his real parents? Are they going to be showing up sometime?

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 31, 2012
  15. Edward15

Edward15 To The Toons Of The 2000's!

I don't know if Mr. E has always been an ally. Remember what he did in the penultimate episode of the last season. He had the gang attacked just to lure Pericles out into the open.

16. DBTrilogy100

DBTrilogy100 New Member

The 2nd episode of Season 2 marks the return of a few familiar faces!

*It looks like we'll be getting these Previous Episode Recaps of episodes relevant to the current one every episode in Season 2, much like Gargoyles andAvatar: The Last Airbender started to do in their 2nd Season.

*We begin the episode proper in Russia, where two masked spies infiltrate a museum. They head towards the exhibit for Baba Yaga, a character from Slavic folklore! I found that cool that they mentioned a foreign folklore character in the show!

*The two spies are revealed to be Velma and her "Shadow Archetype", "Hot Dog Water"! A guard appears before they can do anything more; we also learn they are working for Mr. E! He decides to go with "Plan B", buy the house exhibit so that it will be shipped to Crystal Coves!

*As the guard approaches the exhibit...the Baba Yaga statue comes to life!

*We're now back at Crystal Coves High where Velma tells "Hot Dog Water" that she is certain the other members of Mystery Incorporated will accept her! We also learn that "Hot Dog Water"'s real name is "Marcy Fleach".

*Fred looks like himself again and appears to be acting like himself as well (or so it seems, at least). Shaggy back in his regular outfit, but he still has a way to go before his hair grows back to its regular length.

*Fred is also "greeted" by two of his soccer teammates who chew him out for leaving town after discovering Mayor Jones' lies. Apparently, the soccer team had to forfeit after he left. Not long after, they also see Daphne leaving school with her new boyfriend, Baylor Hotner, who we met in the previous episode.

*Velma decides to use this moment as the moment to introduce Marcy as the new member of Mystery Incorporated. Understandable so, the others are skeptical of her due to the events of Menace of the Manticore. We also learn that Marcy is now on probation for helping improve the prison security system.

*Shaggy and Scooby liking Marcy's "prison candy" was pretty funny, I admit.

*Fred eventually agrees to let Marcy on the team, but says he won't be calling her "New Daphne" as Daphne is the only one for him. His speech about Daphne was both a Tear Jerker and heart warming at the same time!

*We are now at the shipyard, where we see Baba Yaga's house has arrived in Crystal Coves. We also meet two of the museum employees, Curator Vronsky and Anna Kanya as they have a discussion about the exhibit...right when it begins to move! The house is walking with chicken legs, just like in the Baba Yaga Legends!

*The police officer's report on the sighting of Baba Yaga's house was a Crowning Moment of Funny!

*The "S Duo"'s description of the "key of mystery solving" was pretty funny and definitely fits their character traits!

*It's quite interesting to see how far Velma and Marcy have come, going from bitter rivals to pretty good friends. It certainly gives us some insight on some of the events that went on in between the show's 2 Seasons.

*The group eventually find the house...only to also be greeted by its owner!

*Fred is really quick on his feet! The team manages to hide long enough for the witch and her enchanted house to leave, but not without leaving an important clue...

*The team bring Sheriff Stone, Mayor Nettles and Curator Vronsky to the area where Baba Yaga's house left the trail. Sheriff Stone is still bitter from the Season 1 Finale as he suggests something Mayor Jones would have done, all while Janet Nettles proves that she is far more suited for the position of Mayor.

*Velma takes Marcy aside and calls Mr. E to update him on the situation. He doesn't take it too well and his orders to them shows why he would be a "dark shade of gray" character in a best case scenario. Little due the girls know that a certain canine has overheard the phone call...

*The setting switches to the Jones Manor, where Shaggy pieces together that Fred has been living there by himself ever since his (as Shaggy cautiously refers to him as) "not dad" had been sent to jail. Fred insists that he isn't alone with his teddy bear, "Mr. Trapples", which simple adds to the sympathy the poor boy deserves.

*Scooby tells the boys of him overhearing Velma's call to Mr. E. They don't immediately believe him, but decide it's worth checking out. Fred also brings Mr. Trapples along...

*Velma and Marcy find Baba Yaga's house once again and manage to find the 3rd piece of the Planispheric Disk...right when the boys and Scooby make their presence known to the girls! Velma admits to working with Mr. E, but says she only did so to keep Pericles from getting the rest of the pieces. Fred counters that Mr. E can't be trusted, but Velma assures him that she never intended to give the piece to Mr. E and that she is on the team's side.

*Seeing Fred, Shaggy and Scooby trust Velma was a Crowning Moment of Heart Warming!

*The gang gets booted out of the house with Baba Yaga warning them to stop meddling or she won't be as nice next time they meet. Fred finds that the Planispheric Disk piece is with Mr. Trapples, but Scooby notices Shaggy out cold!

*Fortunately (and expectedly), Shaggy is perfectly OK and Marcy confirms that the house trail is hydraulic fluids! They also discover a broken item as their next clue; Fred also states he knows someone who can identify it...

*The boys and Scooby pay a visit to the Blake Mansion. Daphne is at first not trilled to see Fred and reasserts her anger towards him, but Fred explains that they need her help "for old time sakes". Daphne has soften up a little from the previous episode, as she agrees to help, identifying the clue as a broken faberge egg. Daphne's comment about her mom trying to cook them and the "S Duo" sharing that desire was a Crowning Moment of Funny!

*As Fred thanks Daphne for her help (all while saying how he misses her), Baylor Hotner enters the room. Like the previous episode, he acts very friendly, polite and shows no hostility towards the Mystery Incorporated Gang, Daphne asserts that they should leave now as she walks off with Baylor.

*Fred claims he's over Daphne...only for Marcy to notice that he's dressed Mr. Trapples like Daphne. Yeah, your not fooling anyone, Fred. The gang also learn that the hydraulic fluids clue is pointing them towards the ship yard!

*Once there,they do indeed find the witch and her enchanted house!

*Seeing Sheriff Stone turn around to help the gang chase Baba Yaga's house was a Crowning Moment of Awesome and shows signs of him going through some character development!

*Baba Yaga is captured and her true identity is revealed to be...Curator Vronsky! I figured Anna Kanya was a red herring, but i admit that the curator didn't cross my mind immediately.

*Mystery Incorporated expresses how they felt Marcy did really well as a team member! Fred also feels this way, but he admits that he still misses Daphne and feels it isn't the same without her on the team.

*The gang drop Marcy off at her house, where soon finds out that she isn't alone...

*Mr. E reavels himself to her and claims Velma can no longer be trusted. Marcy tries to compromises, but Mr. E counters with harsh words about how she is his (reluctant) mole on the team and threatens her not to be friend Mystery Incorporated as he claims "their days are numbered"! Yep, Mr. E is definitely not a good guy, this should remove any doubts on that!

Another great episode! This one gave the team the chance to redeem themselves after their failure in the previous episode and gives Marcy Fleach/"Hot Dog Water" more depth as a character! It appears as though the next episode will be the gang's "rematch" against the Season 2 Premiere Villain!

17. NovelleX

Woah! They finally played the intro! And they added Hot Dog Water in it to replace Daphne, did I predict the future or something yesterday?

18. Cartoon Ruler

Cartoon Ruler I Feel Happy!

Scooby-Doo isn't just the same without Daphne. Poor Fred.

19. Justy

Justy Now you see me...now you don't

Yep. Had quite a laugh when I saw it. Just recongnized the voice of Daphne's new boyfriend--Donny Osmond!

20. NovelleX

Great episode, at first I didn't think it was going to be Baylor until the publicist got kidnapped. Then I put two and two together with all the jobs that the people being kidnapped worked as.

Now that Daphne's back in the gang, what's going to happen to poor Hot Dog Water? She wasn't even included in that ending group hug.