TALKBACK - Regular Show - "Thomas Fights Back" - [7/24]

Discussion in 'The Cartoon Network/Boomerang Cartoon Forum' started by {Shadow}, Jul 24, 2014.

1. {Shadow}

{Shadow} #WatchToonami - Saturdays 12:00-3:30am!

[​IMG]

Episode 153 - [​IMG] - Number 537

Thomas Fights Back
    premieres
    TONIGHT at 7:30 PM
    repeats
    [see schedule]

This week...
    Thomas tries to retrieve a statue.​

2. Gatordragon

Gatordragon Browns!

Whoa, it's all fun and games until somebody puts a flying arm bar on your candy butt. I'd like to challenge Thomas to a wrestling match after seeing that.

3. TheCrazyEven

TheCrazyEven Member

I was skeptical with this one because the last episode centered around him was one of the most disappointing of Season 4 (Cool Cubed), but I'm happy to say this is a significant improvement from, and a damn fine Regular Show on its own right. The ending made me backtrack a bit, as it was a neat twist, but badly tampered with Thomas' role in this episode, but other than that, it's solid.

4. ShadowBeast

ShadowBeast Active Member

I don't know where the whole Thomas does nothing comes from since he's usually working in most of his appearances.

5. PapaGreg

PapaGreg Came for the ribs

I really hope someone makes a gif of Thomas flipping Muscle Man

6. Lerkero

Lerkero Active Member

I guess this is the Thomas episode people were waiting for. Most figured that Thomas's character was a set up for a special episode later. I'd say Thomas Fights Back did not disappoint.

My favorite part is when he used the recording on the phone. I didn't know how he was going to get past that one. Thomas planned out everything well. Here's hoping he is used sparingly throughout the show. He should stay as the character who has random friends and relatives who have connections. I liked those moments.

Thomas hasn't skipped work to go on a crazy adventure. Sounds lazy to me.

7. Jazz1000

Jazz1000 The Sleep Eater

this episode was pretty good its nice to see more episodes of tomas in it

8. The ShopSoldier

The ShopSoldier Wandering about in both ANGER & DISGRACE

Who Dares To Attmept a Rescue From My Lair?
    THOMAS. IS. AWESOME. Just like this episode thankfully was, too (without revealing too much...).

9. SaneMan

SaneMan Active Member

This is an amazing episode
    love how Thomas got to save the day again

he may very much be the most competent person on the park's crew next to Skips

10. Trombone77

Trombone77 Member

Unfortunately, I think they wanted to make Muscle Man that, since it seems like whenever his is a featuring character, it deals with him using one of his connections to help the guys.

I thoroughly enjoyed this episode and hope we seem more of Thomas, especially his fighting moves, because even I was impressed by him flipping Muscle Man (although that might have been just because it was due to him anyway). However, I kind of wonder what Thomas's role is going to be now? Sure, he's an intern, but is there going to be something else to him that makes him stand out? If anything, this episode just proves that Thomas knows how to think ahead which, at some point, all the guys know how to do. Also, Thomas does realize that he still has college, right?

11. Toon4Thought

Toon4Thought Giving a slightly closer look.

Yeah, I'm with everyone else in saying that this is the best Thomas episode so far. While there wasn't much humor to be found, it's more than made up by the overall setup, which is one that I love, the great sense of atmosphere, and the character development. Of course, there is a bit of a lack in paranormal activity (at least from what I remember) and the rival's motives to keep pranking the park are just becoming less justified with every appearance he makes, but it's still an intriguing ride.

There honestly isn't much for me to say; it's just a good, simple episode.

12. Mister Mayhem

Mister Mayhem Banned

Compatriots,

glad to see another thomas focus episode. for several episodes it seems like he hardly hand any lines and was mostly in the background like high five ghost. he always seemed to do whatever the guys told him so i don't know why benson thought he was just as lazy as mordecai and rigby.

13. One Radical Dude

One Radical Dude Whoo-hoo!

In case you're wondering...

14. Trombone77

Trombone77 Member

Great! Thanks for the info.