TALKBACK - Regular Show - "Skips' Story" - [4/14]

Discussion in 'The Cartoon Network/Boomerang Cartoon Forum' started by {Shadow}, Apr 14, 2014.

1. {Shadow}

{Shadow} #WatchToonami - Saturdays 12:00-3:30am!

[​IMG]

Episodes 140 & 141 - [​IMG] - Numbers 524 & 525

Skips' Story
    premieres
    TONIGHT at 6:30p/5:30c
    repeats
    [see schedule]

This week...
    Skips tells Rigby and Mordecai the story of how he became immortal.​

2. trance2009

trance2009 Fun to play with not to eat

I sense feels.

3. Silverstar

Silverstar Game On!

6:30's kind of early, but at least now I won't have to try to watch this show over dinner (we usually eat at 7).

Thank goodness for CN West.

4. NovelleX

NovelleX Destroyer of Threads

You think 6:30's bad? Try 5:30. Now I'm always going to miss Adventure Time thanks to my tight schedule on Mondays, while barely having enough time to decompress before Regular Show comes on.

5. Kung-Fu Yoshi

Kung-Fu Yoshi Hi

I watched the episode.

This episode takes place in the mid-1850s, I think, because one of the Internal Youth guys says it'll take 157 years for Klorgbane to return to Earth. The episode Klorgbane appeared in aired in 2012, but I haven''t seen it. Skips is in high school in 1855, but in 1783 he was in the Revolutionary War. Also they played an 80's song when Skips and Mona were dancing. Anyone notice that anachronism?

6. Dantheman

Dantheman Active Member

Nice use of Alphaville's "Forever Young".

7. Kung-Fu Yoshi

Kung-Fu Yoshi Hi

Yeah... I liked it too.

8. WBCartoonFan

WBCartoonFan aka toonstar4youtv

I really need start catching up the new episodes lately..i've been missing out.

guess i should watching it again though.

9. Dantheman

Dantheman Active Member

They were going for an '80s high school movie, but set in the 18th/19th century vibe, so the anachronisms are justifiable.

10. Splufay

Splufay Member

This was a pretty fantastic episode. It's hard to comment on much because it was of all-around good quality, but the dance scene with "Forever Young" stuck out to me the most, as that's easily one of my all-time favorite songs. The fight scene was pretty fun to watch too, as I really felt myself rooting for Walks.

11. The ShopSoldier

The ShopSoldier Wandering about in both ANGER & DISGRACE

Who Dares To Attmept a Rescue From My Lair?
    Glad to have RS back - and kicking butt as usual. Though I may need to re-watch this one. I was half - asleep from a long day at school, unfortunately. Real shame, too - this was actually pretty good stuff this week.

12. Dudley

Dudley Moderator

One of the best episodes in a long time. I love the mish-mash of 80's high school love story mixed with 18th century setting. Skips story was bittersweet.
    It's good to have this show back!

13. RoyalRubble

RoyalRubble Moderator Staff Member

Pretty awesome episode. Nice to see more about Skips' past. I haven't really watched the show regularly (no pun intended) in a long time, but this was a fun episode. I liked the romance sub-plot, it was great, and had a pretty sad ending.

14. King_of_doom

King_of_doom kiva fan

Nice special, not too comedy except scenes with Rigby but still a solid episode explaining how Skips started tho a bit weird how the Guardians and Klorgbane going with skips at the same school. Has everyone wonder that finally Grey Delisle voiced a Regular Show character? I really can't remember she voiced in the show so it was a surprise for me especially when she was voicing Mona.

The ending was really a downer where we see how Mona die, was a good special but still a sad ending.

15. SaneMan

SaneMan Active Member

so they could afford Alphaville, but not Depeche Mode?

16. Jazz1000

Jazz1000 The Sleep Eater

very good episode i loved hear more on skip's past sad that mona died but overall it was a very better epsiode of RS

17. Neo Yi

Neo Yi In a Dream, I Can See, You Are Not Far Away...

Leave it to Regular Show to incorporate their love for the 80s in the 19th century. And it works fantastically. I particularly loved Mona's outfit. I loved the Back to the Future references, too, especially Benson's ancestors essentially playing the role of Mr. Strickland and his predecessors in BttF (albeit a principal, not a sheriff.)

Great episode. I figured this would end tragically, but ouch, right on prom night.

18. Just an old VCR

Just an old VCR The boss!

I say it was an OK episode but not the best ever.
    I do like how it not only tells the story of how Skips became immortal but it also tells us the story of him and his former girlfriend. (I always thought she died of old age because you know since Skips is immortal and she's not but I guess I was wrong there)
    What I didn't like about the episode is how they made the principal look exactly like Benson except with glasses and a beard and he sounds a lot like him too not to mention his personally. He's too alike. But I did like the part where Skips and Mona were kissing in front of him. The look on his face was priceless. I also noticed that they played the Forever Young song yet this story's set in the 1700s or something and the song didn't even come out until the 1970s. There was also a part where Skips is mentioning about getting Mona's picture yet they didn't even have cameras back then. There's no way he would've been able to take a picture unless he was able to travel to the future and steal a camera from the 21st century before anybody noticed. Besides that yeah it was good.

19. Lerkero

Lerkero Active Member

Skips's immortality has a boring story, in my opinion. I wasn't looking for anything hilarious, but this didn't particularly interest me either. I like the bit where they made comparisons to 80's high school movies, but nothing else.

20. Sketch

Sketch not like those other old guys

I think it has been determined that Regular Show exists in a world where whether it is modern times or the colonial times it is eternally the 1980s.

Good to get some back story on Skips but that was some questionable writing for how they killed Mona. Really, that killed her and could Walks have saved her if he checked on her first instead of fighting Claudbane? Well... whatever, still a good episode.