TALKBACK - Regular Show - "Skips in the Saddle" - [7/17]

Discussion in 'The Cartoon Network/Boomerang Cartoon Forum' started by {Shadow}, Jul 17, 2014.

1. {Shadow}

{Shadow} Toonami - Saturdays 12:00-3:30am!

[​IMG]

Episode 152 - [​IMG] - Number 536

Skips in the Saddle
    premieres
    TONIGHT at 7:30 PM
    repeats
    [see schedule]

This week...
    Skips considers dating again.​

2. Kuromi_Star

Kuromi_Star Neko mimi mode

That extended rock polishing joke was very S1..

3. PapaGreg

PapaGreg Getting off from violence

Hey Planet Star Light Excellent guy is there

4. ShadowBeast

ShadowBeast Active Member

Anybody else notice how Rigby having to something without Mordecai being mentioned quite often now.As for this episode it was pretty good, it's a shame that since Skips is immortal he'll never reunite with his first love.

5. Kuromi_Star

Kuromi_Star Neko mimi mode

I thought it was weird that Rigby admitted to wanting to date and thinking he wasn't attractive enough for it, while having all of these "friend plans" with Eileen lately.He's also becoming less stupid, lazy, and purposefully malicious. I can't imagine them not having a "get it together and date her already" episode for Rigby soon.

6. Lerkero

Lerkero Active Member

It's fun when Rigby is depicted as competent at something. His words about not being confident in himself were downer, but I hope he might be able to make something out of his relationship with Eileen. I wonder if the writers are leading up to that next season or something. More Eileen and CJ would be welcome.

7. Eldorado

Eldorado New Member

Actually Skips isn't 100% immortal. He can still be killed and he has to perform this ceremony every year on his birthday or he'll rapidly age into dust.

8. Toon4Thought

Toon4Thought Giving a slightly closer look.

On one hand, the story's progression was decent enough, it's always nice to see Skip's character progress like this, and the resolution felt charmingly genuine.
    On the other hand, Rigby was unlikable when he posed as the dummy, the plot was a little too standard and predictable, and the entire experience just felt a little unfocused and, as a result, dull.

Overall, this episode is pretty 'meh' for me.

9. Goldstar Neo

Goldstar Neo We're not cousins!

Why does Rigby need to have a girlfriend? I always assumed that the reason why Rigby isn't in a romantic relationship with anyone was because he simply chose not to be.

10. The ShopSoldier

The ShopSoldier DISGRACEULLY Beating People Up

That's my take on the Rigby & Eileen thing - they are just good friends, and I rather it be kept that way, so as to not force something that would only further hurt this show's image in my eyes.

The episode itself, however - definitely better than this week's Adventure Time by a mile, especially because of the positive character development for Skips. I just wish Rigby hadn't gotten carried away like that with the whole puppet thing (that really made him look like a jerk!).

11. SaneMan

SaneMan Active Member

did anyone else notice the girl who looks like Margaret from behind in the background?

12. Jazz1000

Jazz1000 The Sleep Eater

this week's episode was pretty good, it been better then a few episodes,
    nice to see that skips trying get GF, but it didnt sound like it went well, besides that this week's was pretty good

13. Mister Mayhem

Mister Mayhem Active Member

Compatriot,

i noticed that as well. i wonder if they threw that in there for fun or if it will come into play down the road. maybe she is reaching it girl status at her college or something.

rigby sure does have a gift with words. i loved all his lines when he was pretending to be a dummy.

14. Toonster

Toonster New Member

I did not know where else to put this.

But man, I been watching Regular Show Seasons 1 and 2 on Netflix, its very funny! Their was a reason the show had a PG rating and was very popular among teenagers and young adults back then, the show was edgy and had more mature humor, more adult stuff that you normally would not see on an average episode of Fosters Home. The show was very funny and crude back then, and then Season 3.... started... blech! It seems that with the popularity of Regular Show during Seasons 1 and 2, CN ordered Quintell to tone it down and make it more Family Friendly... And ever since Season 3.. no edgy stuff and their is like no humor at all. That shy chick is very annoying too. So Seasons 3 and up it got toned down ALOT... and its just not that funny as it was before.

The show AINT that popular as it was before. Sigh... just my 2 cents anyways

15. ShadowBeast

ShadowBeast Active Member

Who's the shy chick?
    Making a thread for the 3rd season might've been a good idea.

16. Light Lucario

Light Lucario Moderator

Yeah, if you don't want to talk about a specific episode or relate the episode to your thoughts on the series as a whole, then bringing it up a topic like this in a talkback thread is a bit off topic. Making a thread asking people if they think Regular Show has gone downhill or not would be a more fitting spot to bring up this discussion than here.