TALKBACK - Regular Show - "Rigby in the Sky with Burrito" - [2/24]

Discussion in 'The Cartoon Network/Boomerang Cartoon Forum' started by Gatordragon, Feb 24, 2014.

1. Gatordragon

Gatordragon Fiery Felon

[​IMG]

Episode 136 - [​IMG] - Number 520

Rigby in the Sky with Burrito
    premieres
    TONIGHT at 7:30 PM
    repeats
    [see schedule]

This week...
    Rigby wants to accomplish at least one thing he said he would accomplish before his High School reunion.​

It was getting late and I noticed that {Shadow} didn't make a thread for this week's episode yet, so I thought I'd fill in for him this week.

2. Toon4Thought

Toon4Thought Giving a slightly closer look.

Much like tonight's "Adventure Time", there were some highs and lows.

I can relate to Rigby's position here pretty well. I see myself accomplishing less than intended all the time, so I can see myself trying to resort to something like this. Obviously not to this extent, but still, pretty nice for them to give him a role this relatable. There was great humor presented throughout as well, with a couple nice bits of continuity.

However, this is the second episode in a row to contain a distinct lack of craziness near the end; there's even less of it here than the last one. I mean, yeah there's the burrito in the chute thing, but that barely counts. This doesn't sound like very much at all, but keep in mind this is what made this show really stand out in the first place, so if this is going to be more recurring, they essentially seem to be losing their distinct touch.

Overall, this was pretty average in my book.

3. Lerkero

Lerkero Active Member

This wasn't a good episode. Practically no jokes and mostly a lot of worrying from Rigby with no pay-off. Considering the things that Mordecai and Rigby have been through over the course Regular Show, Rigby has plenty of stuff to put on his list even if he didn't write it down while in high school.

I hope that the writers don't feel compelled to insert a "mom" joke every time Muscle Man appears in an episode. Sometimes they just don't fit.

4. ShadowBeast

ShadowBeast Active Member

Is Mordecai technically Bald? Or was that a wig he was wearing during High School?

5. Sparktimus

Sparktimus New Member

Very below average. Every Rigby-centric episode has been lack-luster, which just adds to my point of him being just a bad character. He's not funny in his failings. It's frankly sad. And suddenly making him some kind of "sympathetic character" won't change his past.

6. Silverstar

Silverstar Ah, No.

I agree that this episode wasn't one of their gems, but just because you personally hate Rigby doesn't mean that he's objectively a bad character nor does it mean that every single Rigby-centric episode hasn't worked.

7. SaneMan

SaneMan Active Member

thought it was ok

nice to see that Rigby has a sense of honor (nice little touch with him being the samurai during their little game at the start)

I do agree that considering all the things Rigby went through during this show, I'm surprised he did not accomplish any of the points on his list
    I guess he was just too specific

Also, I was seriously expecting the sky-diving instructor from before to attack him during the stunt (considering the "stay out of my sky" line)

8. Splufay

Splufay Member

I'm going to agree with a few comments from above saying that the past few episodes have been lacking a bit with the "weird climax", and that's worrying me a bit. I do still find myself enjoying the episodes, but what made the show the most fun for me was wondering how they were going to turn the typical situation into something big and fantastic.

I'd be fine with them cutting down on the climax more on episodes that focus a lot more with ongoing storylines or heavy character development, but there's really not much of an excuse for episodes like this tonight. Looking back through this season, it feels like a lot of the episodes have been somewhat tame. But oh well. As long as the characters remain lovable and make me laugh I'll stick with 'em.

9. epicrandomguy

epicrandomguy New Member

This episode really reminded me of a Season 1 episode for some reason. It had a "my mom" joke and was a perfect amount of irregularity. There were also a few references to past episodes, like to Trash Boat and More Smarter. Overall, this episode was great.

10. Radiant

Radiant Foreverrrrr!

Mordecai and Rigby dissing the saxophone. :crying: They have no more respect from me. >.>

I do have to agree that the lack of a "weird" climax in this episode was strange. Seeing how each episode subverts the name of "Regular Show" has always been the big charm of this show. There was simply nothing about this episode that would conflict with the "Regular Show" title. =/

11. PapaGreg

PapaGreg Getting off from violence

Am I the only one who thought that Johnny Skydiver looks like Lance if he landed on earth in the 80s

12. RegularCapital

RegularCapital TVS: Portakabin TV Part of Fox Kids/Disney History

The episode was okay, I did laugh when Rigby fell from the airplane when he least expected it and realised the invitation mixup in the end, but the episode was pretty regular. I always seem to view Rigby as a "loser" character, which is quite tragic but it's his own fault.