TALKBACK - Regular Show - "Return of Mordecai and the Rigbys" - [4/21]

Discussion in 'The Cartoon Network/Boomerang Cartoon Forum' started by {Shadow}, Apr 21, 2014.

1. {Shadow}

{Shadow} #WatchToonami - Saturdays 12:00-3:30am! Moderator

[​IMG]

Episode 142 - [​IMG] - Number 526

Return of Mordecai and the Rigbys
    premieres
    TONIGHT at 6:30 PM
    repeats
    [see schedule]

This week...
    Mordecai and Rigby compete in a battle of the bands to win an air conditioner.​

2. Lerkero

Lerkero Active Member

Not a particularly enjoyable episode for me. I enjoyed the buildup, but the climax was a disappointment. I think I would have enjoyed the plot more if Benson made them practice so much that they collapsed from the heat right as they were about to perform.

Pauleen's line to Rigby was funny: (in a sensual voice) "How do you feel now?" and Mordecai's: "Don't get any ideas. I just came for the free pizza." was a nice chuckle.

3. PapaGreg

PapaGreg Came for the ribs

I felt the oppisate I felt the build up was boring and the climax was great still not Regular Shows Finist I must say

4. Toon4Thought

Toon4Thought Giving a slightly closer look.

This is definitely one of the better episodes of the season for me. This one puts a lot of emphasis on character interactions, which is always something I enjoy seeing from this show. Benson's plot may have been resolved a bit too easily, but seeing them balance his incredibly strict and relatively calm sides is something I think they should do more often.

There were a few good laughs in here, my favorite being Thomas posing as the British manager.

The ending was definitely the best part for me. Seeing the team pretend to play instruments was funny enough, but the reveal that they actually passed out totally sold it for me. I wouldn't say it's one of the best twists of the series, but it's certainly one I wasn't expecting, particularly since that's when the surreal thing happened.

While I would rank this pretty high for this season, I wouldn't say it particularly stands up in this series as a whole. Maybe it's because they're departing from the formula a bit too much, I don't know, there's something about this season that's been lacking so far. But at least I enjoyed this one.

5. Jazz1000

Jazz1000 The Sleep Eater

this was pretty good episode
    i did not expect them be hallucinate as weird as regular show is that was very unexpected

6. The ShopSoldier

The ShopSoldier Wandering about in both ANGER & DISGRACE

Who Dares To Attmept a Rescue From My Lair?
    I think things would have went better overall if it didn't turn out to be a hallucination. Mainly because everyone really seemed to be getting good at playing instruments for real. Seriously, that song alone made this episode worth it for me and it would have been a perfect one for this season (specifically thanks to the slow and effective buildup!), had it all been real.

7. Dudley

Dudley Moderator Moderator

So they went with the "Triumph Hallucination" cliche. Huh. Still a fun episode. That first song they did was pretty good.

8. SaneMan

SaneMan Well-Known Member

I actually saw that ending coming

still, great character chemistry between the whole cast

9. Kung-Fu Yoshi

Kung-Fu Yoshi Hi

I forgot there was a new episode until about 8 PM. I'll record it this morning; it re-airs at 10.

10. Radiant

Radiant Foreverrrrr!

I didn't actually expect that ending... This show's trademark is "weird" things happening, so the whole performance didn't seem off from the reality of the show at all.

So I liked it.

Except for the part where they destroyed the instruments. That was painful for me. xD

11. Pac-Attack

Pac-Attack Me every Thursday

A bit cliched, but still a good episode, the ending was a bit unexpecting too.

12. RoyalRubble

RoyalRubble Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Pretty good episode. It had a couple of amusing moments, and I wasn't really expecting it to end like that. Still, a pretty fun adventure and some decent music as well.

13. RegularCapital

RegularCapital An Animation Fan That Can't Draw To Save His Life

It was a good episode with an unexpected ending, it was nice to see another Mordecai and The Rigbys episode, not much surrealism in the episode, the hallucinations caused by heat exhaustion don't count. It was funny to see them performing a capella style as well as the instrument destruction.

Thomas as a British Band Manager was funny too.