TALKBACK - Regular Show - "Real Date" - [8/14]

Discussion in 'The Cartoon Network/Boomerang Cartoon Forum' started by {Shadow}, Aug 14, 2014.

1. {Shadow}

{Shadow} #WatchToonami - Saturdays 12:00-3:30am! Moderator

[​IMG]

Episode 156 - [​IMG] - Number 540

Real Date
    premieres
    TONIGHT at 7:30 PM
    repeats
    [see schedule]

On the season finale...
    Mordecai and CJ want to go on a romantic date.​

2. TheCrazyEven

TheCrazyEven Member

Wow. What a way to end, what I personally believe, was the best season since #1 and #2 (combined). That was great stuff. I have to say, though, any scene with the villian in it was the best part for me. He's one of my favorite villians of the show ever. The way he was introduced, his charisma, is overall ******yness, and any word that came out of his mouth was very entertaining. And despite my love for the Mordecai and Margaret relationship (I'm probably the only one on earth who actually likes Margaret), I think there is a really strong connection between Mordecai and CJ, and this episode just proves it. I have a few problems, though. I wish there was something that happened that was a little more impactful, like the last season finale. When Mordecai got blown up, I was thinking, "This would make for an interesting season 6 premiere, Mordecai struggling to stay alive or something along those lines," but since he survived it, practically unharmed, that story arc vanished. I also can't stop thinking how pointless "Real Date" made "Tent Trouble". The latter is such a throwaway now that we got the former. Still, excited for the next season, especially after those last few seconds. The show has never regretted leaving its humble roots, and I've never regretted watching it. I love Regular Show.

3. Lerkero

Lerkero Active Member

What an adorable episode that went dark kinda fast.

I loved the Couple Corral businessman. He has legitimate reasons. Business was just too good. Although I'm not sure why his website wouldn't be getting new users. "Woah, How do you expect her to be committed to you when this girl can't even keep a hairstyle?" "My crooked lawyer told me this is the only way!"

CJ and Mordecai have a lot of chemistry together and I like that the writers aren't taking forever to get to the relationship. I think Regular Show would benefit.

4. RoyalRubble

RoyalRubble Moderator Staff Member Moderator

I thought this was a great episode. Mordecai and CJ's date was nice. And it's nice to see their relationship develop a little. Nice conclusion to their gift giving, too with Eileen saving something for Rigby, which was pretty unexpected. As for the villain of the story, the Couple Corral guy was pretty hilarious and I liked the lengths he went to for Mordecai to keep his profile.

5. ShadowBeast

ShadowBeast Active Member

That gift Eileen gave to Rigby was CJ's gift to Mordecai, so she didn't really save it for Rigby since she stole it from CJ.

6. The ShopSoldier

The ShopSoldier Wandering about in both ANGER & DISGRACE

Who Dares To Attmept a Rescue From My Lair?
    Glad to see CJ x Mordecai is taking off well - I welcome it, as long as they don't overdo it in Season 6... Same with Eileen x Rigby (eventually, provided the writers can do something really good with it.).

At least this season ended on a high note, and after last week's mess, thank God for that.

7. King_of_doom

King_of_doom kiva fan

It was a good episode also showing a nice develop between the relationship of Mordecai and CJ since the first appearance of her show alot of stuff that she and Mordecai have in common and Mordecai really blew it with the whole Margaret thing which makes you feel how Margaret's the one who blew it and miss the opportunity of having a relationship with a guy that actually care for her but it's her loss, i wouldn't mind watching an episode that focus Margaret where she visits everyone and notice Mordecai and CJ as couple where she might feel really jealous and as what Regular Show does something might happen from that. Also like to see Mordecai that he got over Margaret and talks to her that they can still be friends, showing Mordecai how he grow up as a person and acting more confident just like in this episode.

Speaking of, really like how Mordecai acted more confident and doesn't act as nervous or act silly by trying to impress CJ like he did with Margaret. Also like how CJ thinking the same on getting Mordecai a gift which you don't see often. The villain was good tho a bit annoying of how he tries to convince Mordecai to break up with CJ, you would think he could have used Mordecai and CJ as an example that his site works, could have work better for him but no he tries too hard to separate the 2 and ended up being killed by CJ.

The ending was touching where Mordecai sacrifice himself to save CJ's life also like how CJ was very emotional to see Mordecai like he died which someone pointed out that the irony of the voice actress of both CJ and Wendy from Gravity Falls having a similar scene lol.

Overall a nice ending for this season which it had it's up and downs but hopefully the next season is better.

8. Neo Yi

Neo Yi In a Dream, I Can See, You Are Not Far Away... Moderator Reporter

Lovely, lovely, lovely episode. Mordecai and CJ nails it out of the park again. They really have great chemistry together and I really look forward to more of the two. All around, an adorable episode.

9. Jazz1000

Jazz1000 The Sleep Eater

this one was pretty good, you know i gotta admit, i really like Mordecai x CJ relationship better then i thought i would

10. JoeMabbon

JoeMabbon Initiate Hunger Imagery!

A fine end to a great season. The plot was classic rom-com cliche, but it was fun seeing it played out with these characters. It was nice to see Mordecai and Rigby portrayed competently and as friends, after last week. I was a little worried that this week's antagonist would distract or take away from the main story, but they found a way to integrate him really well.

I think this is the first time Cloudy Jane's full name has used in the show.

11. Silverstar

Silverstar Game On!

Actually, it was first spoken in her debut appearance.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 16, 2014
  12. Mister Mayhem

Mister Mayhem Banned

Cohorts,

great episode. loved the scene of the guy yelling hubris as his blimp fell on top of him. cj does seem like a better fit for mordo. it always seemed like he was trying to hard to win margarets affection but with cj he's allowed to be himself. they're two peas in a pod.

13. Eldorado

Eldorado Member

That's what I was about to say