TALKBACK - Regular Show - "Gold Watch" - [6/26]

Discussion in 'The Cartoon Network/Boomerang Cartoon Forum' started by {Shadow}, Jun 26, 2014.

1. {Shadow}

{Shadow} Toonami - Saturdays 12:00-3:30am!

[​IMG]

Episode 149 - [​IMG] - Number 533

Gold Watch
    premieres
    TONIGHT at 7:30 PM
    repeats
    [see schedule]

This week...
    Benson must get to work on time in order to earn a gold watch.​

2. Magmaster12

Magmaster12 Active Member

Agh another episode with an annoyingly underdeveloped psychopath.

3. The ShopSoldier

The ShopSoldier DISGRACEULLY Beating People Up

Yep, pretty much this.

At least Benson was alright in it - and the way it climaxed and ended was pretty funny, IMHO.

4. ShadowBeast

ShadowBeast Active Member

The ending was the funniest part, though I hope Benson didn't lose the watch.The cop seemed like he was there since his role just had no motivation for why he did what he did.But it was a pretty good episode.

5. Eldorado

Eldorado New Member

He's one of the stereotypical corrupt southern cops who abuse their power just cause they can.

6. Splufay

Splufay Member

I truly thought this was one of the funniest episodes in a long time. Benson was stellar. From him being drunk from the wings to his remark to Pops on the phone. "Pops, can you put Mordecai and Rigby on the phone so I can scream at them for ruining my life?"

This was one episode that didn't take itself seriously from the start and ran with that. Which definitely reminds me of older episodes. This one could easily fit in alongside season 2.

7. Lerkero

Lerkero Active Member

I'm glad the writers made this one Benson's fault because they've made it clear that Mordecai and Rigby are irresponsible. The police officer doesn't need to be developed because he was filling the stereotype of power-hungry law enforcer. It was just a means to develop a plot. If a police officer pulled you over for seemingly nothing would you care about his back-story? Doesn't matter. I did get a nice chuckle out of Pops being afraid of the internet.

8. Magmaster12

Magmaster12 Active Member

It was bad enough when Family Guy did it, in my opinion copying something Family Guy did is not a good thing.

I agree with most people I did like the ending though, and the adult joke about Pops using the computer

9. PapaGreg

PapaGreg Getting off from violence

Corrupt southern cops is not really something Family Guy created and its pretty reported that police in the deep south are kindve corrupt, look at the cops in Albuquerque for example

10. Eldorado

Eldorado New Member

Yeah and have you seen Turbo F.A.S.T. they did the same thing with a character named Rudy Guana.

11. Jazz1000

Jazz1000 The Sleep Eater

this episode was good then some episodes from few weeks,
    the cop was pretty evil and a silly character but some right crazy as well xD
    i liked the ending when benson ate the wings and woke up at a ocean

12. RoyalRubble

RoyalRubble Atom Ant... Man

I liked the episode. My favorite parts were probably the ones with Pops (deducing Benson's location, scared by the internet, hiding the others behind his head) but Benson's adventure was pretty great as well.

13. Toon4Thought

Toon4Thought Giving a slightly closer look.

This was a very interesting episode. Compared to the more mundane conflicts we've had on this show, this one just kept me intrigued with how the story line was set up. There were twists left and right, and very few of them come completely out of left field without intending to.

I keep talking about how much I enjoy Benson's character development in the later seasons, and this is no exception. He goes along with the crazy hijinks that go on, and is much more willing to take risks now in order to reach long-awaited goals, all while keeping his basic straight-man personality intact. Stuff like that is how such development should work out, and he's now my favorite character in the whole series because of this. I do question why he blamed Mordecai and Rigby for all this for the longest time (even after everyone clarified what happened), but at least they resolved it before it got too ugly.

There were many humorous moments to be found, most of them revolving around Benson or Pops. The 'time travel' twist was a bit short, but it was actually pretty neat as well as being somewhat plot-relevant, or at least as far as these twists go. But then you have the cop guy, which I do agree felt like a stock authority abuser, but it didn't distract me as much as it did to some others, as the focus did stay with Benson the whole time.

The vast majority of things came together surprisingly well, so this is definitely one of the better episodes of the season for me.

14. ShadowBeast

ShadowBeast Active Member

It's not that the cop needed development it just feels like he wasn't needed, he was just there.

15. DeanBurrito25

DeanBurrito25 Active Member

Funny to see Benson get himself in a pickle for once. It's a nice change of pace.

Which begs the question...how does one get intoxicated from wings anyways?

16. Mister Mayhem

Mister Mayhem Active Member

Comrades,

the cop is one of my favorite regular show villains. loved the scene of him opening he cell door open with a shotgun and the "it took me 30 years to grow out this mustache" line lol

17. Doguineta

Doguineta New Member

Probably the same way that guy in King's Quest VI gets drunk by mints.

Anywho, this episode was great. Everything with Pops was pure gold. And also Benson's tombstone.