1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice

Talkback: Pokemon the Series: Sun and Moon: "Pulling Out the Pokemon Base Pepper!" [8/26]

Discussion in 'Disney/Pixar Forum' started by Light Lucario, Aug 26, 2017.

1. Light Lucario

Light Lucario Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

[​IMG]

Join Ash and Pikachu as they make new friend and explore the Alola region.

Recently:
    Ash challenges Tapu Koko to a rematch and loses.
    Ash captures Litten.
    Litten learns Fire Fang.
    Team Rocket gets a Darkinium Z Crystal before Team Skull could.
    Sophocles catches a Charjabug.
    Ash meets Gladion.
    Ash learns about the next set of trials after seeing Gladion's Z-Move.

Last Time:

"A Glaring Rivalry!"
    A mysterious new trainer named Gladion has appeared on Melemele Island. His partner is a strong Lycanroc and of course, Ash wants to battle him. However, both Team Rocket and Team Skull are planning to steal his Pokemon. Will Ash and Gladion be able to defeat the two teams and have their battle?​

This Time:
    "Pulling Out the Pokemon Base Pepper!"
    Saturday August 26th, 9AM
    Ash and his friends are watching the final Pro League Pokemon Base match. It's a popular sport in the Alola region. Professor Kukui invites one of the star athlete to help with a special lesson. Team Rocket start to jump in and it leads to a game between the Pokemon School and Team Rocket. Who will win this match?​

Notes:
    The 20th season of Pokemon is here to promote the seventh generation.
    Disney XD is the new home for the Pokemon anime series.
    The first season of Pokemon in HD is available for digital purchase and rental.
    Pokemon Ultra Sun/Ultra Moon will be released on November 17th.
    There is a main series Pokemon game in development for the Switch system.
    A code for a special Salazzle is available from GameStop until September 4th.
    The episodes are available on both Disney XD's website and On Demand section.
    Please avoid using detailed spoilers here. Thank you.

2. Light Lucario

Light Lucario Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

I thought that this episode was pretty good. I wasn't expecting a Pokemon baseball episode. As random as it was for Ash to be that into it, his excitement over watching the game and getting to play it at school the next day was kind of sweet. That's one of the things I like about Ash in this series. People complain that he's more childish, but he does have more of that child-like happiness and excitement about pretty much everything. It's kind of sweet and endearing most of the time.

The baseball game was just great. The Z-Move inspired attacks and the facial expressions, particularly from Kiawe, were better than I expected. It was kind of cute to see the Pokemon wearing baseball hats and helping out their trainers. At first, I thought that this was just baseball with Pokemon thrown into it, but then Turtonator could just block Ash from getting to home plate, which seemed really unfair. Ash's team still won, but it felt a bit confusing.

Jessie of course would want the autograph from the famous baseball player. I didn't quite understand why he couldn't just give everyone an autograph since that's something he'd probably be used to doing, but we needed some explanation for a Ash and friends vs. Team Rocket baseball game I guess. The famous Pokemon Base player siding with Ash's team did seem really unfair. Not only was Team Rocket's team smaller, but they were going up against a team with a professional player. Jessie being so set on the autograph only to not realize the rules of the game was hilarious and in character though. I still didn't seem to understand the rules. Mimikyu nearly attacking Pikachu was against the rules, but using Snorlax's Z-Move to wake it up and get it moving wasn't. And since Wobbufffet got the ball before Snorlax landed, shouldn't that be an automatic out? But this is just a silly filler episode that I'm putting way more thought into it.

At least the player was going to give Jessie the autograph before Bewear showed up. I like the gag, but I actually felt bad for Team Rocket this time. They weren't trying to steal anything this episode, Jessie just wanted an autograph and it seemed like the game was more unfair to them than they deserved. Overall, it was a pretty good episode. It's a prime example of an episode that is so ridiculously stupid with its premise that it turns out to being hilarious and fun.

• Agree Agree x 1