1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Just in time for Halloween, enter for a chance to win a $50 Gift Card from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

Talkback: Pokemon the Series: Sun and Moon: "Getting the Band Back Together!" [7/15]

Discussion in 'Disney/Pixar Forum' started by Light Lucario, Jul 15, 2017.

1. Light Lucario

Light Lucario Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

[​IMG]

Join Ash and Pikachu as they make new friend and explore the Alola region.

Recently:
    Team Rocket makes Beware's cave their secret base.
    James captures a Mareanie.
    Lillie's egg hatches into a Vulpix.
    Lillie bonds with Vulpix who she nicknames Snowy
    Lillie is able to touch Snowy, but is still unable to touch other Pokemon.
    Ash captures Rockruff after helping it to learn Rock Throw.
    Mallow's Bounsweet evolves into Steenee.
    Ash challenges Tapu Koko to a rematch and loses.
    Ash captures Litten.
    Litten learns Fire Fang.

Last Time:

"A Shivering Shovel Search!"
    As Ash and his Pokemon train, they discover a mysterious shovel moing around in the sand. It turns out to be a Pokemon called Sandygast. Ash learns that touching the shovel is dangerous, but Sandygast's shovel flies off and angers other Pokemon. Will Ash be able to help Sandygast?

This Time:
    "Getting the Band Back Together"
    Saturday July 15th, 9AM
    Ash and his friends want to attend a live Dug-Leo performance. It's a popular band in the Alola region made up of DJ and his Alolan Dugtrio. However, Team Rocket is looking to steal the Alolan Dugtrio. Will Ash save Dugtrio before the concert begins?

Notes:
    The 20th season of Pokemon is here to promote the seventh generation.
    Disney XD is the new home for the Pokemon anime series.
    The first season of Pokemon in HD is available for digital purchase and rental.
    Pokemon Ultra Sun/Ultra Moon will be released on November 17th.
    There is a main series Pokemon game in development for the Switch system.
    The Shiny Tapu Koko event is available until August 14th.
    The episodes are available on both Disney XD's website and On Demand section.
    Please avoid using detailed spoilers here. Thank you.

2. Light Lucario

Light Lucario Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

I thought that this episode was okay. The idea of a music group featuring an Alolan Dugtrio was weird enough, but I was kind of surprised that each head apparently had a name. I've been so used to seeing Dugtrio as just one Pokemon, despite having three heads. The wigs were kind of weird too and I've never been a fan of Alolan Dugtrio. It's design just seems so lackluster to me and I would have chosen another first generation Pokemon for an Alola form instead. It was cute to see Kiawe being overprotective of his little sister and wearing the wig just to make her happy. I was expecting him to still not be into the music by the end, but he loved it, which was kind of funny.

I wasn't expecting Leo to be one of Professor Kukui's students. He looked so normal without the hair and glasses. He seemed to really like Dugtrio when he found it and Diglett wanting to learn under Dugtrio was kind of cute. Even wearing Rotom's wig to imitate it was kind of cute. But then the three heads of Dugtrio started to fight and Team Rocket took advantage of the situation. Alola being so broken up over the band's breakup was both funny and weird.

Meowth's rapping was so bad, but oddly enough, not really different from how he normally sounds. After all these years, I still really don't like Meowth's current voice with that slang and tough guy tone behind it. At least Ash was able to find them relatively quick with Rockruff and Dugtrio was able to work together pretty nicely with that Tri Attack. Team Rocket's reaction and Bewear showing up when it did was kind of funny. I thought that they were going to have a blast off, but Bewear was right there. And the band got back together just in time for the concert. Overall, it was an okay episode. There were some funny moments in there, but it wasn't too noteworthy beyond that.

3. Scrappy-Fan92

Scrappy-Fan92 Well-Known Member

Strange, I thought Leo said he was a classmate of Kukui's. The episode was alright, although I am now half-convinced that Mallow would look better with blonde hair all the time..

4. Light Lucario

Light Lucario Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

I thought that he was a student, but some of the summaries said that they were classmates too, so I must have been mistaken there.