1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Just in time for Halloween, enter for a chance to win a $50 Gift Card from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

Talkback: Pokemon the Series: Sun and Moon: "A Team-on-Team Tussle!" [7/29]

Discussion in 'Disney/Pixar Forum' started by Light Lucario, Jul 29, 2017.

1. Light Lucario

Light Lucario Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

[​IMG]

Join Ash and Pikachu as they make new friend and explore the Alola region.

Recently:
    Team Rocket makes Beware's cave their secret base.
    James captures a Mareanie.
    Lillie's egg hatches into a Vulpix.
    Lillie bonds with Vulpix who she nicknames Snowy
    Lillie is able to touch Snowy, but is still unable to touch other Pokemon.
    Ash captures Rockruff after helping it to learn Rock Throw.
    Mallow's Bounsweet evolves into Steenee.
    Ash challenges Tapu Koko to a rematch and loses.
    Ash captures Litten.
    Litten learns Fire Fang.

Last Time:

"Alolan Open House!"
    It's time for Open House at the Pokemon School. Ash is chosen to give a presentation to all the people who visit during the event. While trying to figure out his speech, he learns that his mother is visiting him from Kanto, making him more worried. Rotom comes up with a solution for Ash. Will Ash be able to give a good presentation?​

This Time:
    "A Team-on-Team Tussle!"
    Saturday July 29th, 9AM
    Ash is practicing his Z-Moves alongside his friends. However, Team Rocket watches them from afar and they decide to find their own Z-Crystal. They soon find one, but it is guarded by a huge Alolan Raticate and Team Skull battles for the Z-Crystal too. Will Team Rocket win the Z-Crystal?

Notes:
    The 20th season of Pokemon is here to promote the seventh generation.
    Disney XD is the new home for the Pokemon anime series.
    The first season of Pokemon in HD is available for digital purchase and rental.
    Pokemon Ultra Sun/Ultra Moon will be released on November 17th.
    There is a main series Pokemon game in development for the Switch system.
    The Shiny Tapu Koko event is available until August 14th.
    The episodes are available on both Disney XD's website and On Demand section.
    Please avoid using detailed spoilers here. Thank you.

2. zoombie

zoombie Well-Known Member

Well they gave the Team Skull trio leader a name in the dub. In the original Japanese depending on the what translation you want to use, they call him Bro, Big Bro, and Boss, here in place of that he is called Top.

3. Light Lucario

Light Lucario Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

They probably did that so that he could be more recognizable among the three Team Skull trio.

Anyway, I thought that this episode was pretty good. I thought that Team Rocket had already seen a Z-Move sometime earlier in the series, but I was apparently mistaken. Their base looked surprisingly impressive given how incompetent they usually are. I liked how the Alola Rattata and Raticate were guarding the Z-Crystal. It was a nice nod to the Island Trial in the Moon version.

It was nice to see Team Rocket meeting with the Team Skull trio. They almost feel like an Alola version of the Team Rocket trio, so seeing them interact was nice. The girl gushing over the cute talking Meowth was pretty cute too. They were both after the Z-Crystal for their own gains, but the two teams going against each other was pretty cool. Team Rocket proved to be smarter than usual by trapping the regular Rattata and Raticate so that they could get the Z-Crystal. I forgot that Mimikyu is part Fairy type, so it would had an advantage against the Alola Raticate. Top had no problem leaving his friends behind if it meant he could get the Z-Crystal, while Jessie and James instantly went back to help Meowth. It was a nice way to show off their friendship and made them more deserving of the Z-Crystal in a way. They were able to get it in the end while Team Skull were attacked by the Alola Rattata and Raticate.

I know that they had to keep Ash and his friends at school for the episode, but since they were just learning about Z-Crystals and Z-Moves in that lesson, it made me wonder what they have been learning all this time. I kind of would love it if this episode meant that Team Rocket would take on the Moon version Trials, but I doubt that would happen unless US/UM includes more version exclusive Trials. Despite being one of the major selling points for the different versions, Sun/Moon share almost all of the same trials with only the first one being a different Totem Pokemon. There's hopefully a reason for why Team Rocket got a Z-Crystal. They'll have to get a Z-Ring first, but they should be able to use it with one of their Pokemon. Meowth could potentially use Bite for it. I don't think Mimikyu knows any Dark type moves, but it could learn one along with Mareanie. That could be interesting to see.

Overall, it was a pretty good episode. It was refreshing to give Team Rocket their own episode after being on the sideline for awhile, their interactions with Team Skull were funny and I liked seeing more of their friendship.

• Agree Agree x 1