1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Just in time for Halloween, enter for a chance to win a $50 Gift Card from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

Talkback: Pokemon the Series: Sun and Moon: "A Shivering Shovel Search!" [7/8]

Discussion in 'Disney/Pixar Forum' started by Light Lucario, Jul 8, 2017.

1. Light Lucario

Light Lucario Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

[​IMG]

Join Ash and Pikachu as they make new friend and explore the Alola region.

Recently:
    Team Rocket makes Beware's cave their secret base.
    James captures a Mareanie.
    Lillie's egg hatches into a Vulpix.
    Lillie bonds with Vulpix who she nicknames Snowy
    Lillie is able to touch Snowy, but is still unable to touch other Pokemon.
    Ash captures Rockruff after helping it to learn Rock Throw.
    Mallow's Bounsweet evolves into Steenee.
    Ash challenges Tapu Koko to a rematch and loses.
    Ash captures Litten.

Last Time:

"One Journey Ends, Another Begins..."
    While shopping, Ash & Pikachu find Litten and learn that it at Stoutland have found a new place to live. However, later Ash finds Litten all worried and panicked and decides to follow Litten to help out. Will Ash be able to help Litten?

This Time:
    "A Shivering Shovel Search!"
    Saturday July 8th, 9AM
    As Ash and his Pokemon train, they discover a mysterious shovel moing around in the sand. It turns out to be a Pokemon called Sandygast. Ash learns that touching the shovel is dangerous, but Sandygast's shovel flies off and angers other Pokemon. Will Ash be able to help Sandygast?

Notes:
    The 20th season of Pokemon is here to promote the seventh generation.
    Disney XD is the new home for the Pokemon anime series.
    The first season of Pokemon in HD is available for digital purchase and rental.
    Pokemon Ultra Sun/Ultra Moon will be released on November 17th.
    There is a main series Pokemon game in development for the Switch system.
    The episodes are available on both Disney XD's website and On Demand section.
    Please avoid using detailed spoilers here. Thank you.

#1 Light Lucario, Jul 8, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 15, 2017
  2. Light Lucario

Light Lucario Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

I thought that this episode was pretty good. I liked that Ash was getting help from Kiawe to get Litten to master Fire Fang. It seemed to almost get it right until it fell. Sandygast almost looked kind of cute, but they were trying to make it more ominous with Kiawe's flashback. Being possessed and digging all night would be pretty scary. Too bad that Rockruff's attack knocked its shovel off and got it really angry. At least Ash wanted to help it, even though I don't know why he thought putting Rotom Dex on its head was a good idea. That was pretty stupid and Ash was surprisingly calm with leaving his friend in a tricky situation. It was kind of so stupid it turned around to be funny though. It ultimately just got Sandygast so made that it evolved into Pallosand. I don't know why Ash couldn't tell that it had evolved. That seemed weird.

It was nice that Kiawe was worried about Ash while also still recognizing that this was his fault in the first place. Seeing the whole group show up was a bit surprising. It was nice to see them working together. It showed that they cared about Ash while also displaying a bit of group chemistry. Lana's idea of having Pikachu and Popplio look around the ocean for the shovel was a good idea. Putting the shovel in a bubble would prevent one of them from being possessed. Rockruff trying to fix its mistake sounded like a nice idea on paper, but it is a Rock type, so being under water could have been dangerous for it, even with Popplio using its bubbles.

It was nice that Litten jumped in to save Rockruff from Pallosand's attack. Both Litten and Rotom Dex were feeling the effects of Pallosand's draining their energy. It was really nice to see everyone helping Snowy to use its Power Snow. It is still a baby Pokemon, so its Ice type moves wouldn't be that strong. Although, I don't know why Mallow didn't have Steenee attack Pallosand along with Kiawe and Ash's other Pokemon. Steenee is a Grass type, so it would have had an advantage over Palossand and could have been of more help that way. It was really sweet how Ash put Litten under his shirt to keep it warm and in turn, Litten was warming Ash up. It was a small moment, but it showed how sweet and caring Ash can be and how his Pokemon respond to that kindness. Plus, it was a bit more bonding between Ash and Litten, so that was nice.

The Power Snow attack plan seemed to work out pretty well. Litten was able to master Fire Fang in order for Ash to escape and they were about to get Rotom Dex when Palossand broke through the ice. At least Pikachu and Popplio were able to bring the shovel back and it was happy again. Ash was pretty calm and happy about the situation when explaining it to Professor Kukui. The ending with Pallosand landing on Professor Kukui's house was really weird though. I thought that it had gotten over its grudge after getting its shovel back, but I guess that they wanted a random ending to the episode. Overall, it was a pretty good episode. I would have preferred for Litten learning Fire Fang to connect back to its time with Stoutland somehow, but this was nice too.