1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice

TALKBACK - OK K.O.! Let’s Be Heroes - "The Power is Yours" - [10/9]

Discussion in 'The Cartoon Network/Boomerang Cartoon Forum' started by Gatordragon, Oct 9, 2017.

1. Gatordragon

Gatordragon Everybody scream! This is Halloween!

[​IMG]

Episode 33
    [​IMG]
    Monday at 6:30p/5:30c!

The Power Is Yours
    Premieres
    MONDAY at 6:30 PM

This week...

When Lord Boxman and the Eco Villainess Dr. Blight are trashing the Plaza with pollutants, K.O., Rad, and Enid recruit Captain Planet and Planeteer Kwame to help.
    Special Guests: LeVar Burton as Kwame and David Coburn as Captain Planet​

2. I.R. Shokew

I.R. Shokew DISGRACED and Rooting ONLY for Underdogs

As much as I like this show - something about this screams "forced" to me. Maybe it's because Captain Planet is one of the worst cartoons ever to exist in any time period, IMHO. It'll be a real test to take something like that and make it any amount of awesome here.

Too bad this'll probably be the best crossover CN will have pulled off in years, despite my objections to it, compared to other shows that have done it and have been met with nothing but overall hate, unfortunately.

This is me thinking back to when SU, TTG!, NuPPG did this... Well, unlike the other two which I avoided when they did it, seeing as I'm not interested in those shows, "Say Uncle" is probably my favorite episode of Steven Universe (unironically, seeing as I don't have much love for said show as I used to have), ever, now that I think long and hard about it.

3. Checkerboard

Checkerboard THE HOME OF THE TOP TOON STARS

This will be utterly amazing and I encourage everyone to watch and show support for this. Crucial in the longrun.

4. zoombie

zoombie Well-Known Member

So did they get all the old voice actors back for this?

5. Gatordragon

Gatordragon Everybody scream! This is Halloween!

Well dang, that was some good gish this episode was. In this day and age (especially with some climate change deniers in high positions), environmental education is very much needed. Ted Turner must be extremely giddy right now.

Whoa, I don't remember Dr. Blight looking that sexy. [​IMG] Then again, I don't remember much about the Captain Planet cartoon, so...

Heh, this background music is so nineties.

The new planeteers awaken their master, Captaaaaain Planeeeeeet!

Dang, that was some real talk Captain Planet did right there. Climate change and pollution are no joke, boyos.

Ha haaaa! They actually did the Planeteer Alert in the original Captain Planet art style! The OK K.O. characters look funky in a realistic art style, especially Brandon.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Radical

Radical The Face of Evil & Epicness!!!!!

The Power Is Yours was awesome/enjoyable,

Cool to see Dr. Blight, my favorite awesome classic villainess, she looks sexy/cool in the new style:D.
    Lord Boxman's crush on her was so funny.
    Dr. Blight/Lord Boxman's team-up and evil plan on pollution spreading was brilliant.
    Cool seeing Kwame, looks funny in the new style, LeVar Burton for the role, sweet.
    KO, Rad, Enid, A Real Magic Skeleton, and Brandon doing the Power Rings was great/funny.
    Cool seeing Captain Planet, best classic superhero with a sweet design, David Coburn for the role, sweet, Captain Planet and the Planeteers always my favorite awesome classic action cartoon:D.
    Nice hearing the opening theme song in the background.
    Captain Planet saving the day vs. Dr. Blight was great.
    The more pollution spreading, I'll see how the heroes will save the world, what a cliffhanger, a 2-parter, sweet.
    Cool seeing the Planeteer Alert, nice seeing Gaia, Wheeler, Linka, Gi, and Ma Ti, but both KO, Rad, Enid, Mr. Gar, A Real Magic Skeleton, and Brandon look weird/funny-looking in the realistic style, hehehe:p.

My favorite awesome crossover next to Batman/Space Ghost, Dexter's Laboratory/Blue Falcon & Dynomutt, and Steven Universe/Uncle Grandpa, I'll enjoy Darkwing Duck and his supervillains guest starring in Ducktales 2017.

#6 Radical, Oct 9, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 10, 2017 at 2:29 PM
  7. Corwin Haught

Corwin Haught Member

David Coburn and LeVar Burton are back, but I'm not sure about Dr. Blight and none of the other Planeteers have lines.

8. Daikun

Daikun Long Live the Fighter!

They did for Kwame and Captain Planet. Unfortunately, they couldn't get Dr. Blight's original VA, since she died in 1999. She was instead voiced by Tessa Auberjonois.

• Informative Informative x 1
  9. Eldorado

Eldorado Active Member

Actually, Blight had TWO voice actresses. The first one Meg Ryan is still alive.

10. PapaGreg

PapaGreg Peppermint tea for me

[​IMG]

Mr Gar confirmed to me Gaia Tier also I will admit I laughed like a maniac when the show switched artstyle

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Dudley

Dudley Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

That was a lot of fun. I loved how they picked Dr. Blight as the CP baddie. Having Lord Box Man point out how odd it is to want to destroy a planet you live was funny. The use of music from the original show was such a nostalgic trip. And that Planeteer Alert having everyone in the old style was awesome!

Also, fun geek thing: during the Planeteer Alert, Brandon's shirt said "️ HB + DIC"
    It's the little things like that put a huge smile on my face.

Ya know, I remember enjoying watching Captain Planet when I was young. I kind of want a reboot now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

12. jaylop97

jaylop97 Commonly found at Night

I enjoyed this but part of it didn't really feel as strong as it should have. I really did like the KO crew becoming planeteers but that stuff was a bit fast paced, I understand Blight's Idea is to pollute but it didn't really seem that well connected here, and she just felt way too bland.

But I do enjoy the teamwork and the artstyle especially how awesome was A Real Magic Skeleton in CP style, same with the others.

13. Corwin Haught

Corwin Haught Member

ARMS looks like Skeletor in the Captain Planet art style.

• Agree Agree x 2
  14. thomas2313412

thomas2313412 Active Member

Well,I think it was an Ok episode,This episode did make a crossover with Captain Planet to pay both as a homage and parody since it is a campy and a cult classic,it does have a green aesop about our environment especially paying homage to the original series PSA with the planeteer alert at the end of the episode with the art style from the Original captain planet show

15. Dragnatek

Dragnatek Well-Known Member

Nobody even believes global warming is real anymore. Sad but true, sad but true.

• Agree Agree x 3
  16. dprboy

dprboy Member

That's not true! It's many people in Washington that don't believe in global warming. Some of the public does not believe it exists but the MAJORITY does.

• Funny Funny x 2
  17. Eldorado

Eldorado Active Member

You know, I'm hoping that his crossover gets something I've wanted since the Steven Universe crewmembers said they were fans of: a Steven Universe/SWAT KATS crossover.

18. Checkerboard

Checkerboard THE HOME OF THE TOP TOON STARS

I don't really have words. The crossover exceeded my expectations. Very well done and I want more. Attention to source material and incorporation of relevant details was over nine thousand. I hope the live/app numbers were good, because that would make greenlighting that much needed Captain Planet reboot a whole lot easier.

• Agree Agree x 2
  19. Zorak Masaki

Zorak Masaki Active Member

It was ok, though I wish we could have seen Mr. Gar (outside of the cameo in the Planeteer Alert). Well, now time for the Gumball/Toxic Crusaders crossover (just kidding, though I could see Troma signing off on that).

20. Eldorado

Eldorado Active Member

You're right it is much needed. I mean, it's like the crossover said no one listened to the message the original series said and now the Earth is worse then ever.

Maybe no one respected the original series because it was so cheesy it couldn't be taken seriously. But a new creator controlled series could fix all that.

• Agree Agree x 1