1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice

TALKBACK - OK K.O.! Let’s Be Heroes - "KO's Video Channel" & "Rad Likes Robots" - [10/6]

Discussion in 'The Cartoon Network/Boomerang Cartoon Forum' started by Gatordragon, Oct 6, 2017.

1. Gatordragon

Gatordragon Everybody scream! This is Halloween!

[​IMG]

Episodes 31 & 32
    [​IMG]
    Fridays at 6:30p/5:30c!

KO's Video Channel
    Premieres
    FRIDAY at 6:45 PM

This week...

When Rad and Enid discover that K.O. has been posting embarrassing videos online, they force him to erase them.
    ----

Rad Likes Robots
    Premieres
    FRIDAY at 6:30 PM

This week...

After getting struck by lightning, Shannon's programming causes her to fall in love with Rad.​

#1 Gatordragon, Oct 6, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 6, 2017
  2. Anonymoususer2004

Anonymoususer2004 Excelsior!

Rad Likes Robots is a pretty solid spin on the classic Romeo and Juliet story. This episode is super cheesy. but in a good way. I didn't know Rad and Shannon were such good singers. I can't wait to see the Rad/Shannon ship explode.

3. Anonymoususer2004

Anonymoususer2004 Excelsior!

K.O.'s Video Channel was a really funny and heartwarming episode, one of the best that the show has done so far. I like how there were references to those toy videos, AMVs, unboxing vids, and more. The spelling errors on KO's part were absolutely hilarious.

4. Gatordragon

Gatordragon Everybody scream! This is Halloween!

Rad Likes Robots made me laugh so hard. What a ridiculous take on a classic play.

Jeez, Rad be gettin' all the ladies. Ms. Mummy called him handsome, he impressed Drupe, Enid once dated him, and now Shannon fell for him after getting her circuits fried. Must be his alien charms.

Well dang, never knew that Rad and Shannon possessed such golden throats. Not gonna lie, I hurt my face from laughing so hard during the singing.

KO's Video Channel was adorable. The parodying of various YouTube video archetypes was neat, like the unboxing vid and the AMV.

I guess the whole "being turned into animals" thing is canon? This show's continuity is screwy. Better not think too hard about it.

#4 Gatordragon, Oct 6, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 7, 2017
  5. Digamma-F-Wau

Digamma-F-Wau Active Member

Rad Likes Robots was pretty good, but K.O.'s Video Channel was definitely the highlight of the two

Loved the various continuity nods in it (I appreciate the fact that We Got Fleas is canon)

6. NeoplanDan

NeoplanDan Musical ZF

Rad Loves Robots - Mid Tier: The episode was alright despite of referencing an episode from Spongebob on almost the exact same thing which they broke it down into a rather musical role, on the other hand, it felt like Cyborg/Jinx all over again with being more of a opposites attract, although it felt "Forced".

KO’s Video Channel - Mid High Tier: in a short run, I find this good, seeing KO having a hunch for recording videos on his channel, has a few funny bits when referring to Enid or Rad (the latter had it done too well), while it has a few heartwarming parts that had gotten the former and the latter into attention, the sad part was when KO decided to delete the channel after having the guilt from what he did when he secretly recorded Rad and Enid dancing.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

7. I.R. Shokew

I.R. Shokew DISGRACED and Rooting ONLY for Underdogs

Rad Likes Robots (Mid Low Tier) - Yeah, a lot of people liked this nonsense..... Me??? Without getting too deep into it (simply because I'd rather move on to greener pastures with this show, which I know for a FACT are out there, too!). I didn't like nor care for this one all that much - just your typical star-crossed lover fluff that I've seen done everywhere... And I really wish this show hadn't played it so damn straight, to be brutally honest.

That duet between Rad and Shannon was cute, but that's about all I can call it without getting too much into it. I am glad Rad snapped out of it at the end, however - that saved it from being just plain crappy - again, IMHO.

K.O.'s Video Channel (High Tier) -
    Like I said, this is one of those greener pastures when OK K.O. isn't doing anything too serious, as it is yet another well - executed (even if not perfect.) effort that brings our main 3 focuses closer together, even if for a short while to help truly ease tension as things build up around here.

I was expecting to not like this one, either, simply because K.O. screwed up again, this time with those embarrassing vids and whatnot... Thankfully, he does apologize and live up to his word, but unlike other shows, it's handled much better than expected here for one major reason - not every video K.O. made was out to embarrass Rad and Enid, as were shown while the episode progresses to its sad climax of Rad and Enid not apologizing fast enough to convince K.O. of otherwise.

Yes, some of K.O.'s uploads weren't favorable, but he also had the common courtesy to show his friends being awesome, as well as to show himself being embarrassing as well, so as to not have him be above it. Those things make this episode work like a boss, unlike other shows I've seen do this premise and fail royally at it not named We Bare Bears or Amazing World of Gumball, where they at least had the common courtesy to be funny with it; whereas here, it's not as funny, as much as it is actually heartfelt and shows a continued growing bond between our main 3 focuses (e.g.: something I'm always glad to see keep going on this damn good show.).

8. Radical

Radical The Face of Evil & Epicness!!!!!

Rad Loves Robots and KO's Video Channel were pretty sweet/funny,

Shannon to be the love interest for Rad was great/funny, Rad/Shannon the best unexpected couple:D.
    Rad so a babe magnet, Enid, Drupe, Ms. Mummy, and now Shannon, what's next Punching Judy/Shy Ninja, hahahaha:p.
    Love the Cyborg/Jinx vibe on Rad/Shannon, hehehe.
    The Romeo & Juliet vibe on Rad/Shannon was great/funny.
    Darrell/Raymond's moments wanting to get the old Shannon back was funny, nice seeing more of Raymond.
    Old Shannon may be back, but her crush on Rad will continue further episodes like Jinx.
    Great funny musical ending.

Rad/Enid's video was great/funny.
    Nice seeing Red Action.
    KO's many videos from his video channel were great/funny, nice previous episode callbacks, love Dendy's part in it:D.
    KO's spelling errors was so funny.
    KO mentioning how he first met Rad/Enid and even Dendy was sweet/heartwarming.
    The YouTube video references were great.
    Rad/Enid stopping KO from deleting his video channel was great.
    Sad that poor KO deleted his cool video channel:(.
    Great funny ending.

#8 Radical, Oct 7, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 7, 2017
  9. jaylop97

jaylop97 Commonly found at Night

Rad Likes Robots is literally nothing but parody, It is pretty I liked the song but the episode wasn't anything interesting.