1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice

TALKBACK - "My Knight and Me" (Series)

Discussion in 'The Cartoon Network/Boomerang Cartoon Forum' started by SuperFan2024, Jan 2, 2017.

1. SuperFan2024

SuperFan2024 Shoo fly.

Talk about the show and enjoy!

#1 SuperFan2024, Jan 2, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 20, 2017
  2. Markus Nelis

Markus Nelis CN Fan

Cartoon Network Nordic started airing it on 26th December for 1st 4 episodes. Full premiere will be Febuary 1st

3. RetroPokeFan

RetroPokeFan New Member

As far as my eye can see the show looks pretty crap to be honest. Same typical pratfalls we've seen 8 bazillion times with mediocre CG. Nothing special at all. It's on Boomerang here in the UK.

4. ShadowBlinky

ShadowBlinky Never A Good Bot

Quality aside, I'm not sure if I like the idea of the squire being the knight's kid. It seems too convenient and yet problematic at the same time.

5. Mikurotoro92

Mikurotoro92 Banned

i guess knights are the new "in" thing with kids' cartoons between this & nick jr's new show nella the princess knight...

6. Red Arrow :D

Red Arrow :D Proud Beneluxer

It is okay. Much better than you would expect, if you give it a chance, but not really good either.

7. I.R. Shokew

I.R. Shokew DISGRACED and Rooting ONLY for Underdogs

I'd rather just watch a show about the witch, honestly. She's the best character, in my brutally / critically honest opinion.

8. Cartoon Ruler

Cartoon Ruler I Like Waffles

Just watched it a few minutes ago and it was okay. The CG animation looks nice and all, but the pacing is pretty slow. Some of the jokes are kinda funny, but otherwise a pretty decent cartoon. Not great, but okay.

9. UberHamster

UberHamster Member

I find it mediocre. It's not good but it's not bad either, it does have it's funny moments but it don't stand tall like TAWOG, RS, AT or SU

10. AnotherRandomGuy

AnotherRandomGuy The cat's in the cradle

I'm just happy CN willing to give acquisition a chance again.
    As for the show itself, it's decent if a little rough around the edges.

11. Radical

Radical The Face of Evil & Epicness!!!!!

My Knight and Me, my favorite great new underrated CGI comedy series, its comedy/storyline and funny episodes were great/enjoyable.The CGI animation/character designs were pretty fantastic.

Both Henri of Orange, Jimmy, The Queen, Cat the cute Princess, and Bjorn were great likable funny protagonists/characters, the idea with the squire being the knight's son was great/interesting.

Both Bad Jack the dragon, the Cursed Forest Witch, the Cyclops, Wilfred the White, Lady Fontaine, the Swamp Witch, the witch sisters, The Black Rats, the Dark Sorcerer, the Evil Helmet, and other villains, my favorite great enjoyable CGI villains, I do love the Cursed Forest Witch's great cute character design looking similar to Morbidia(Mighty Magiswords), awesome:D, both the best funny witch antagonists for me.Both Bad Jack, the witch, and the Cyclops, the poor loser villains I pity, but their defeats were funny.

I enjoy piece of crap Lance's satisfying bashings, the best part of the show.

#11 Radical, Jan 6, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 3, 2017
  12. Riley

Riley Everything's the fault of a Yo-kæi™

I understand the lack of appeal in this series but, to be honest, it's kind of grasped positive attention from me. It's a cute comedic series and it's fun to watch.

It looks like it's probably going to get the short end of the stick eventually, though, whether it's moving to Boomerang or being shoved off the network entirely, but I'll support the show as much as I can.

13. Red Arrow :D

Red Arrow :D Proud Beneluxer

Wow, you described Belgium perfectly! This cartoon does seem to represent its country of origin pretty well :D

• Informative Informative x 1
  14. Gatordragon

Gatordragon Everybody scream! This is Halloween!

After watching a few episodes, I must say that I enjoy this show and find it pretty decent. It lacks the oomph of other CN toons, but it's simple fun and gives me chuckles. I give it a 6.5 out of 10.

15. I.R. Shokew

I.R. Shokew DISGRACED and Rooting ONLY for Underdogs

I still think the witch needs to be the star of the show. But that's just me - I'm not even a fan of witches, but something about this one cracks me up a lot more than I expected.

16. zakawer2

zakawer2 Watch CN MENA!

On Boomerang MENA, this show premiered in early January 2017, around the same time as Justice League Action premiered on CN MENA, which was on January 8th this year.

To be honest, this show is fine. Not good, but not bad either. Just okay ._.

17. D-nice is the man.

My Biggest Gripe is that people are just Disliking the heck of their videos on the CN YouTube Channel (I mean the series isn't terrible but not good either, and you can't satisfy everyone all the time) but, I really don't think it deserves so much hate in the US compared to the clips in the Boomerang UK channel. I bet they people are just disliking because it's not what they were expecting or wanted and some just being downright immature about it. I guess that's why the most recent episodes are at 12 in the afternoon compared to 4 pm because the network didn't expect this show to be have negative feedback.

• Agree Agree x 3
  18. Cartoon Ruler

Cartoon Ruler I Like Waffles

A lot of the comments would usually read "where's my Infinity Train". It is downright depressing that a lot of people aren't giving this show a chance. My Knight and Me may not be as great as Steven Universe or Gumball, but it's still an okay cartoon that doesn't deserve all that hatred.

Maybe the show will eventually move to Boomerang at some point (TBH, it seems to fit there more anyway).

19. Toon4Thought

Toon4Thought Giving a slightly closer look.

Yeah. Virtually all their uploads of it have had significantly more dislikes than likes. By contrast, most of their TTG uploads have at least a 2:1 like to dislike ratios despite how notorious it is among the internet. Maybe it's because TTG has much more of a fanbase, but it's still pretty jarring.

20. Peter Paltridge

Peter Paltridge Knows about rock people
    Staff Member Moderator

LOL, folks are uneducated. This is an acquired show that is not a CN original, and because of this it will be gone in two months. No one has to worry about My Knight And Me taking over the schedule with 6-hour marathons daily; it's not gonna happen.

Same thing with this Flint Lockwood show that will be running next month, probably taking the place of My Knight And Me.

• Agree Agree x 1