Talkback - Jimmy Neutron "How to Sink a Sub/Lady Sings the News"

Discussion in 'The Nicktoons Forum' started by Bryan, Nov 17, 2006.

?

How did you like it?

1. A

4 vote(s)
    57.1%
  2. B

2 vote(s)
    28.6%
  3. C

1 vote(s)
    14.3%
  4. D

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. F

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Bryan

Bryan TZ Schedules Admin Moderator

Premiere Episode Talkback

The Adventures of Jimmy Neutron, Boy Genius

Episode #160
    "How to Sink a Sub / Lady Sings the News"

Airs: Friday, Nov. 17 at 7:22 p.m. (aprox.)​

2. judyindisguise

judyindisguise New Member

It's nice to see new Neutron, but I give the ep a "B" only because "How To Sink A Sub" was so...well...subpar. :p But "Lady Sings The News" was fun. And I bet the Cindy/Jimmy shippers got a big kick out of the ending. Cute.

3. Bryan

I liked both the episodes. Also since this was the last produced episode, it was a nice way to end the series in "Lady Sings the News" with Jimmy and Cindy kissing.

Don't forget, on Saturday, Nov. 25 there will be 2 more unaired episodes at 7PM and 8:30PM. After those air, all the episodes will have finally aired on Nick US.

4. Dudley

Dudley Moderator Moderator

This is new?
    I've seen this before!

5. DarthGonzo

DarthGonzo Ten Years on TZ!

Yeah it was new. I wish I didn't miss it.

6. RonDrakenfan17

RonDrakenfan17 Luffy fan

Well its new to the US any ways :D

I personally loved it...Sheen was too funny as ushual in both episodes...Carl was annoying, I mean what kind of friend goes to tell the parents on you? If I were him I would have ditched him along time ago. At least Sheen is fun to hang out with and doesn't tell on the gang. He knows when to help and do things. But whatever.

7. btv

btv New Member

Woah Woah Woah, wait up.... what channel was this on (Nick or NickToon)?

Because if this was a 'new' episode, and Nick is getting decent ratings out of the series... why aren't they advertizing it more??

8. Bryan

NICKELODEON ... they have been showing adverts all week long.

9. Arsenal

Arsenal Magneto was right

This is a classic example of how to kill momentum. When you parse out new episodes like this, the fan base diminishes.

Case in point, the shippers finally get their brief moment with a Jimmy-Cindy kiss. And who cares? No one. This show did well in the ratings. It had a vocal, internet fan base, but Nick waited so long to show this episode that everyone was over it before they saw it.

I expect the final two or three unaired Jimmy Neutron shows to be met with similar apathy.

10. Hurricane V1

Hurricane V1 New Member

Jimmy Neutron is, currently, my favorite show on TV. My top favorite. Lost being my second. That being said, I'm extremely happy the new episodes are airing. Although it's depressing to see the show come to an end, I feel enough episodes were made to satisfy at least myself.

Anyway, this was a great episode. Especially 'Lady Sings the News' because it gave Libby more depth, showed another side of her. Plus, in pure JN fashion, the whole episode was a good satire. Parents whining and rebelling like typical teenagers and newscasts being more annoying than informative.

Some of my favorite lines:
    Manly lunchlady - "My high calorie pancake recipe should make them slow and lethargic."
    Sheen - "JUST TELL US THE WEATHER!"
    And then there's Carl complaining about his scapula again. I love when he says that, it's just simply so funny.

11. sonicfeet

sonicfeet Guest

All the adults were abuseve, bad, :evil:, and threathing to Jimmy! I cried (littertly) At the end of the episode!