TALKBACK - Clarence - "Puddle Eyes" - [7/24]

Discussion in 'The Cartoon Network/Boomerang Cartoon Forum' started by {Shadow}, Jul 24, 2014.

1. {Shadow}

{Shadow} #WatchToonami - Saturdays 12:00-3:30am! Moderator

[​IMG]

Episode 014 - [​IMG] - Number 107B

Puddle Eyes
    premieres
    TONIGHT at 6:45 PM
    repeats
    [see schedule]

This week...
    Clarence naps in mud, leaving him temporarily blind.​

2. Gatordragon

Gatordragon Browns!

This episode was pretty good.

Clarence must really be a pig if he's napping in the mud.

I hate sleeply arms too, Clarence. It feels funny when the sense slowly comes back in the limb.

With mud in his eyes, Clarence has become Mr. Magoo.

You can't even have a spelling bee? What's the school's budget, a dollar?

Everybody run, it's a shirtless blind rhino!

Flying eagle tackle! And Jeff hits the mark.

Always make an entrance, folks. That's how people know you're serious.

Dang, Jeff became a southern fried doctor. Clarence has been healed!

This is the most intense visual check I've ever seen.

Ha, premature celebration. The crowd's reaction was the best part of that scene.

Way to suck, Jeff. Get your eyes checked, boyo.

3. The ShopSoldier

The ShopSoldier Wandering about in both ANGER & DISGRACE

Who Dares To Attmept a Rescue From My Lair?
    It's kind of refreshing, really - even with some unfortunate grossout humor littered in, these writers clearly know what they are doing. And doing it right, too.

I wasn't expecting much from this one, due to said issue popping up in the promo - thank God my expectations were exceeded, knowing that this show is much better than that alone.

The only thing wrong with this was Jeff screwing up at the end and whining like a little punk - I like the guy and all, but that's NOT on.

4. SaneMan

SaneMan Well-Known Member

this may have been Clarence at his most stupid, but it was still incredibly fun

5. The ShopSoldier

Yeah... There's exactly that that almost ruined things for me.

6. Trombone77

Trombone77 Member

I thought this episode was pretty enjoyable. However, Ms. Bernstein seemed unusually dense this episode. Also, Clarence was bordering on annoyingly stupid. However, I did like Jeff acting like a Baptist preacher near the end.

7. Lerkero

Lerkero Active Member

This episode was too "stupid" for my taste. Jeff pretty much outlined everything. The spelling bee didn't make sense because it didn't seem to be saving money, Clarence could have just wiped the mud off his face, and I don't get why Jeff didn't already know about his eyesight problems. His whining and preacher routine at the end was annoying rather than comical. I get that Clarence is slow to understand things but not wiping mud off his face is too much.

8. Trombone77

Trombone77 Member

Sorry for commenting twice. I hope this is the right forum for this.

Just wondering, but based on this episode and the previous ones, does anyone think that Clarence is really unintelligent or just really imaginative? I'm asking this because it seems like his intelligence varies by episode. In one episode, you can see that he received a C+ on his test, which I inferred meant that he was an average student. However, in this episode, he doesn't notice that mud is caked over his eyes, despite people telling him. I really hope it is the latter (really imaginative), because if it was the former, I can really see that hindering ​Clarence​ from becoming one of the Cartoon Network greats.

9. Lerkero

Lerkero Active Member

One of the things that was endearing about Clarence as a show was that the characters didn't seem stupid, just imaginative or overzealous. Other shows like Uncle Grandpa and Teen Titans Go seem to make characters stupid. I hope the writing for Clarence stays aligned with the believably imaginative side rather than the stupidity side.

10. Mister Mayhem

Mister Mayhem Banned

Compatriots,

i love how almost nothing fazes this kid and he tries to make the best of every situation. after his first few seconds of freaking out he just accepted that he "lost his sight" and went back to being his usual chirpy self.

11. Pac-Attack

Pac-Attack Me every Thursday

This show has honestly began making me nauseous, I'm not even sure if it's the art style, Clarence himself, the colors, the voices, the Skyler Page incident (it could be all of this actually). I think Clarence is a good show, but ehhh even thinking about and looking at it makes me want to throw up.

12. The ShopSoldier

Throwing up at the sight of a good show (like this one is claimed to be around here) is a sign that said show may just be terrible in reality, and that you're ashamed to have ever watched it... I don't think there's any pulling yourtself out of it once you come to that revelation.

Let's be honest... You can say good things about the show, but deep down you dislike it and are disappointed in yourself for giving it the time of day - I've felt that way with a lot of shows people call "good"...

13. SaneMan

SaneMan Well-Known Member

doesn't that just show how subjective people's tastes can be?