TALKBACK - Clarence - "Jeff's New Toy" - [5/12]

Discussion in 'The Cartoon Network/Boomerang Cartoon Forum' started by {Shadow}, May 12, 2014.

1. {Shadow}

{Shadow} #WatchToonami - Saturdays 12:00-3:30am! Moderator

[​IMG]

Episode 007 - [​IMG] - Number 104A

Jeff's New Toy
    premieres
    TONIGHT at 7:00 PM
    repeats
    [see schedule]

This week...
    Jeff and Clarence clash over keeping a toy in its box.​

2. Gatordragon

Gatordragon Browns!

This episode was good. I was usually careful with my toys.

That was a very 90s toy commercial.

Jeff's happy squeak made me giggle. Very tough of him.

Sumo sure has a lot of siblings. I can barely share a bed with my brother.

Ha! Sumo hauled off and punched Jeff. That's why you don't startle sleeping people.

Lame, Jeff doesn't even play with his toy. Where's the fun in keeping it on a shelf?

I saw a He-Man toy on that shelf

Clarence is getting his Indiana Jones on.

Oh wow, Clarence broke the toy on the first try! That had me rolling.

Clarence, ever heard of glue? That'll fix it right up.

Daaaang, Jeff just lost it when he saw his broken toy. Somebody reboot him.

Neat stop motion puppetry to go with Clarence's story.

Smart of Sumo to order another toy. Also smart of him to resolve the issue by letting Clarence and Jeff watch. I must say, I really like that guy.

3. PapaGreg

PapaGreg Came for the ribs

You know Sumo is beginning to be my favorite character I was expecting him to be sort of like Ed but I'm getting an Eddy vibe from him( well Eddy if he had some social disorder and used his scamming for good instead of evil) whille he does come off as hyperactive and a little bit crazy he turns out to be knowledgeable and resourceful

Also I thought the part Sumo snitched on Clarence was pretty damn funny

Last edited by a moderator: May 12, 2014
  4. The ShopSoldier

The ShopSoldier Wandering about in both ANGER & DISGRACE

Who Dares To Attmept a Rescue From My Lair?
    I hope they do anything to damage that. It's just one of many things helping me to really enjoy this show - and this episode delivered in that regard!

5. King_of_doom

King_of_doom kiva fan

Seriously, Sumo own this episode. Another good episode of Clarence.

The toy commercial and the cartoon based on it was just hilarious, it was actually spot on, how the toy commercial look so awesome while in the cartoon was just boring to watch, really reminds me of the commercials of the 80's and 90's back then. We see that Jeff again acts like he's a grown up while taking his walks in the morning and having his toys in their original package which is odd for a kid doing that.

Jeff and Clarence had their moments in this episode(the funny raccoon puppet was funny) but really Sumo stole the episode. It was nice to see that Sumo is not your typical crazy kid where he agrees with Clarence on everything where he does draw a line and telling him on not playing with Jeff's toy if he wants to have it on the package. the best scene was when Sumo made his own robo-court and blaming both Jeff and Clarence of how the toy end up and it was really smart of Sumo of making another order of the toy but what was great about it is that he gets to keep it XD.

I agree that Sumo is becoming a fav character in the show.

Last edited by a moderator: May 13, 2014
  6. Dudley

Dudley Moderator Moderator

This was a pretty good episode. Even though the focus on Jeff, we got a lot of development concerning Sumo. We got to see where he lives and how he lives. And as others mentioned he's more multi-layered then he lets on. I'm impressed!

7. SaneMan

SaneMan Well-Known Member

Sumo has clearly proven to be the most mature of the trio.
    I guess the fact that he's the oldest among so many siblings probably helps.

A court drama starring giant robots is a rather specific niche market.

Noticed a He-Man and a Ninja Turtle figure on Jeff's shelve

8. RoyalRubble

RoyalRubble Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Fun episode. Really liked how the characters interacted this time, with Sumo getting a surprisingly good role here. Lots of great gags, like the toy commercial, the actual cartoon, the variety of programs on TV, Clarence's attempts at fixing the toy, etc. Pretty much everything that happened in this episode was hilarious. Loved how Sumo managed to solve everything, and his final verdict as to who will keep the new toy.

9. Jazz1000

Jazz1000 The Sleep Eater

did anyone got a transformers vibe from this episode?
    i liked this episode quite alot still have yet see an episode beat clerence's millions yet but not bad episode
    also jeff not opening the toy until very end cmon? :(
    sumo has alot family then i expected, i was really expecting see his parent later in the season (or maybe they will if this show gets renew)

10. DeanBurrito25

DeanBurrito25 Active Member

You know, I originally thought Jeff was going to become my favorite character, but it seems like Sumo is heading more and more towards that direction. He may appear to be crazy, but he's definitely got some level of competence. Sure, it's funny to watch Jeff go undone when things don't go his way, but it was much funnier to watch Sumo hold a faux trial over who deserves a toy.

In the end, Sumo defeats everyone. Ha!

11. WickedChild

WickedChild Kissing the shadows

Did anyone else see the picture of what looked like two women together on Jeff's wall? I wonder if he might have two moms. I haven't read/seen any production material on this show so correct me if I'm wrong. I wonder if CN is ready for something like that in a cartoon, but it seems like this show might be the right one to do it. It's a regular domestic-type show but seems quite progressive as well. Have Nick or Disney had anything like that?

12. PapaGreg

1. Those are Jeffs parents so yeah
    2. Disney already did that with good luck charlie by having a lesbian couple

13. Pac-Attack

Pac-Attack Me every Thursday

Great episode, it was great to see Sumo's family.

14. SaneMan

SaneMan Well-Known Member

do you have a screen-shot?

15. PapaGreg

Kindve small but you get it

[​IMG]

16. Dudley

This is the first time I'm hearing this. Good for Disney! If they feel free to show it, other kids networks will be as well.

17. WickedChild

WickedChild Kissing the shadows

Still a first for cartoons, right? At least kids' cartoons?

Also, the GLC couple was just in one episode, whereas Jeff's moms could be semi-regular characters. I wonder if the right-wing outrage will be greater or lesser because of that and because it's a cartoon?

Is that confirmed somewhere by the production team, or are you just guessing?

EDIT: Also apparently not the first time we saw that picture:

http://genalovestoons.tumblr.com/post/83882664458/sleeping-drag0n-does-jeff-has-2-moms-thats-so

Last edited by a moderator: May 15, 2014
  18. Dudley

There will be outrage but not as much because more people watch and trust the Disney brand compared to CN.

19. Jazz1000

Jazz1000 The Sleep Eater

huh... that was abit unexpected maybe cn will revel more soon.
    hopefully they wont cancelling/change episode like what happen that cow and chicken episode but maybe they are ready to take this more serious then they would have hmm...

20. IcyTea

IcyTea New Member

It could be a lesbian couple or it could be Jeff's siblings. Is it the way they hold each other I guess?